Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
May 25, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #11,641 of 23,482
Has anyone paired both O2 and vali with hd600? Any impressions?

Getting my HD 600 soon! :)

I have the ODAC/O2 combo ready and have been using them with Beyerdynamic products with no isses (including the 600 ohm ones!) :) Can't wait to see what all this 'neutrality' or 'transparency' is, since it should be a 'transparent' chain from ODAC->O2->HD 600. I tried the dt 880/250 with them, but it was flat..flat response to my ears (relative to dt 770, dt 990, T1, philips fidelios, akg 550, etc).

Everything was heard in a flat field in front of me, all details are shown, but with little boost, so, it kept me from 'feeling' the music. Not to say it was bad experience, just not as engaging as I prefer music to be. It does fine when you wanna do some work and kick back the music. But when you wanna head bang, sing to your heart's content, I think the o2/odac + dt 880 doesn't do it. I'd guess that the hd 600 wouldn't too but I'd have to let you know when I get them.

Hmmm. I wouldn't expect whizz bang if I were you.
Very clean and balanced is my take on O2/600.

May 25, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #11,642 of 23,482
How are the HD600's for gaming?

Basically, is their soundstage and imaging good enough that I will be able to accurately tell which sound is coming from where? This is very important to me.

Thanks!

May 25, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #11,643 of 23,482
  How are the HD600's for gaming?

Basically, is their soundstage and imaging good enough that I will be able to accurately tell which sound is coming from where? This is very important to me.

Thanks!

They're fine for gaming as far as I can tell. Though if you don't mind me asking, why was this your first choice if gaming seems to be the most important thing to you? There are great gaming headsets out there such as the Kingston HyperX Cloud and SteelSeries Siberia at half the cost. I'll admit I use my HD600 for gaming, but the first and foremost reason I bought them was for musical enjoyment. Gaming didn't factor in at all in the decision to buy them.

May 26, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #11,644 of 23,482
Anyone know where I can source the the plastic bit that attaches to the cups with the marble finish. Not the ones connected to the headband but the part where the cable plugs into. My paint is starting to peel on that section and I'm keen on replacing them.

May 26, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #11,645 of 23,482
Anyone know where I can source the the plastic bit that attaches to the cups with the marble finish. Not the ones connected to the headband but the part where the cable plugs into. My paint is starting to peel on that section and I'm keen on replacing them.

Have you asked Sennheiser at all? Like maybe with a support email and a pic with an arrow pointed to the piece? I know exactly which piece you're thinking of though. I don't know anywhere off the top of my head that would do that part. Honestly, I don't know if even Sennheiser would have that little piece for sale as a replacement.

May 26, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #11,646 of 23,482

Have you asked Sennheiser at all? Like maybe with a support email and a pic with an arrow pointed to the piece? I know exactly which piece you're thinking of though. I don't know anywhere off the top of my head that would do that part. Honestly, I don't know if even Sennheiser would have that little piece for sale as a replacement.

Sennheiser usually stocks those parts, I saw them before when the parts support had a more detailed list. It's probably more a question of if the regional/country distributor has them on stock. I mean, note that the most amazing feat I've ever heard of done with Sennheiser's spare parts list was a guy who bought HE60 parts and then just put them together at home - that at least tells you what kind of parts they stock.

However if it's just the paint I'd just overlook that and wait for paint to start chipping off the other parts. Then I'd sand them down gently and spray paint them with anything that isn't as tacky as marble blue.

May 26, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #11,647 of 23,482

The part im looking for is the marble plastic you see here beneath the drivers. I went on the spare parts site and sadly this is the only part of the headphone they don't list for purchase.

I just found that this is part 008 of the headphone but they don't list a price for a replacement however they do with every other part.

May 26, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #11,648 of 23,482

The part im looking for is the marble plastic you see here beneath the drivers. I went on the spare parts site and sadly this is the only part of the headphone they don't list for purchase.

I just found that this is part 008 of the headphone but they don't list a price for a replacement however they do with every other part.

Yup, I figured that's what you were looking for. You should shoot an email over to the Senn support guys. I've seen stuff not have a listed price even if they will sell it (at least on the Senn part finder site which barely lists anything for me). I think I asked them in the past about the HD600 headband and the HD600 drivers before, neither of which they list in the parts finder, but I think the reply I got did have prices. It was like somewhere around $140 for the headband and like $70-80 for the drivers while HD650 drivers were like $50.

Edit:
I may have found it!
http://www.thinkdigital.co.nz//spareparts_search_result.php?keywords=HD600
I'm guessing the Avant Decorative Oval is it since you can clearly rule out the headband, grills, and capsules as they're listed as separate items. So maybe this is the place to try if you don't feel like emailing Sennheiser about it.

Edit 2:
Crap, nvm, it looks like they don't ship outside of New Zealand......think maybe they'd be willing to send it over to Melbourne for ya?

May 26, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #11,649 of 23,482

Was that your local distro's site? From experience it's usually Sennheiser USA that has a complete inventory, but none of them will ship outside each other's jurisdiction. I kind of remember in this thread (could have been the HD650 or HD800 thread, not sure) that sending them an email to inquire about parts usually gets positive responses, and is basically worlds better than what Sennheiser Philippines does (which is "we don't stock those" or, after opening a Sennheiser concept store, have people act bewildered about such an inquiry like it's an inconceivable situation because the earpads are made of self-healing nanotech or something).

May 26, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #11,650 of 23,482
First impressions of my HD 600 with O2/ODAC.. WOW.. WOW..WOW.. I love em! Been a Beyerdyanamic fan for many years, and still am.. but.. WOW..HD 600s. 

only thing if I had to nitpick..is sound staging is sort of LR bubbles :wink: but I love em..

One thing I don't get is why people say HD 600 have no bass.. They've got em in spades IMO.. Enjoying Random Access Memories again..

May 26, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #11,651 of 23,482
  First impressions of my HD 600 with O2/ODAC.. WOW.. WOW..WOW.. I love em! Been a Beyerdyanamic fan for many years, and still am.. but.. WOW..HD 600s. 

only thing if I had to nitpick..is sound staging is sort of LR bubbles :wink: but I love em..

One thing I don't get is why people say HD 600 have no bass.. They've got em in spades IMO.. Enjoying Random Access Memories again..

So what do you like about hd600 ? 

May 26, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #11,652 of 23,482
I like its sound signature, being very balanced, never overbearing at either extremes, very clean sounding,. bass amount is just nice. I found out that this model was bought from retailer in June 2014. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it lacking the said 'veil'. 
Will feedback more after more auditioning.

May 26, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #11,653 of 23,482

You used DT880's before? How do they compare?

May 26, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #11,654 of 23,482
I have them side by side now (HD 600 and DT 880/250), but I am quite busy at this moment. If you feel like it, please tell me what you'd like me to compare and I'll try to get to them. Or check  out the plenty of other HD 600 vs DT 880 comparisons already available.
btw, I will be powering them with the O2/ODAC and it drives them well. So, unfortunately, no 'tube' experience for/from me.

May 26, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #11,655 of 23,482
  I have them side by side now (HD 600 and DT 880/250), but I am quite busy at this moment. If you feel like it, please tell me what you'd like me to compare and I'll try to get to them. Or check  out the plenty of other HD 600 vs DT 880 comparisons already available.
btw, I will be powering them with the O2/ODAC and it drives them well. So, unfortunately, no 'tube' experience for/from me.

I'm primarily interested in a comparison of the soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back