1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by windsor, Feb 6, 2011.
  1. grig
  2. yangian
  3. Majestyk
    I got the new all grey color version from Amazon with the non existent box. Does anyone know if these headphones are the same otherwise? Did Sennheiser change any other aspect of them? IE: Sounds, size, etc. Thanks.

Update... I just bought a used pair on ebay and I'm going to send these ones back to Amazon. They might be ok but I bought these based on what I've been reading about them and I'm not going to take a chance on a refresh. Plus I don't like what I read on an Amazon review.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00004SY4H

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  4. Ichos
    They are exactly the same except minor cosmetic differences.
    What do you mean by non existent box?
    It was some kind of an offer because the box was missing?

5. CaptainFantastic
    I think he means no black box on the inside like the old models. I am sure it had the new design outside box.

6. Ichos
    There is still a black box inside in the new edition.

7. CaptainFantastic
    You know this from your personal experience? I thought a few people said that the black, solid, jewel box is gone.

8. Ichos
    I bought new production HD660S with the grey cardboard and of course these came with the classic black wooden box.

9. CaptainFantastic
    Is it possible that the 660S still comes with one, but the 600 doesn't, given the lower price?

trellus and Ichos like this.
  10. Ichos
    It seems that you are right.
    From a few photos I saw the box is like the Drop HD6xx box so no wooden box inside.
    (EDIT My mistake the box is like the HD58x one)
    IMG_1820.JPG

trellus likes this.
  11. Harold999
    I own the HD600 for a while now and use it with a Topping NX4DSD. Happy with it but curious if another amp/dac will improve the sound.
    Are there guys overhere who are familiar with the HD600/NX4DSD combi and can recommend an amp/dac that will actually sound better? (under 500 bucks)
    I would prefer an amp/dac with bluetooth so i don't have to connect my smartphone anymore with a cable.

12. Miru
    Anyone know if the new HD 600 headband clips fit on the older style HD 600 headband?

13. Majestyk
    I bought the HD6XX a month ago and it came with the wooden box.

Ichos likes this.
  14. Ichos
    OK this is my second error today!
    The box is like the HD58x that opens from the front and reveals the headphone without a box.
    (Now edited my original post accordingly)

15. Majestyk
    deleted post