Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #4,171 of 7,535
Hello,

I have just recently bought the HD598 and did not know there was a twist-and-lock mechanism for the cable.  I yanked at it hard a couple of times before I gave up and searched up that it had a twist-and-lock.  The lock still seems to be intact in the headphone and was wondering how I would know if I damaged the headphones (everything appears to be fine and still working) as well as the potential areas that could be damaged from a stupid act like this.

Thanks in advance !
It sounds like you're ok. I remember trying to suss that out when I first got them. I just didn't dare pull past a certain amount of force. They're pretty sturdily built headphones and i imagine the cable would give way before the socket, which is chrome. I wouldn't advise testing that theory out though!

Dec 4, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #4,172 of 7,535
As long as they work, cable is intact, and nothing seems to move inside, it seems everything is fine. So, don't worry about. :)

Dec 4, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #4,173 of 7,535
Hello,

I have just recently bought the HD598 and did not know there was a twist-and-lock mechanism for the cable.  I yanked at it hard a couple of times before I gave up and searched up that it had a twist-and-lock.  The lock still seems to be intact in the headphone and was wondering how I would know if I damaged the headphones (everything appears to be fine and still working) as well as the potential areas that could be damaged from a stupid act like this.

Thanks in advance !

I had a similar problem. If there is damage, it seems to occur to the cable connector, not to the headphone receptacle. This is good, because you can replace the cable more easily.

But the simple answer is...mid it SOUNDS ok, then it IS ok. Wiggle the connections... If no static, you are fine.

Dec 5, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #4,175 of 7,535
Hi guys

I am considering buying this headphones and some dac/amp

I am looking at the fiio e7k ,or should I just buy a dac since this thing is not hard to drive

And is there any good desktop amp/dac at the 100$ since I don't need portable one

Thanks

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #4,176 of 7,535
Hi guys

I am considering buying this headphones and some dac/amp

I am looking at the fiio e7k ,or should I just buy a dac since this thing is not hard to drive

And is there any good desktop amp/dac at the 100$ since I don't need portable one

Thanks

FiiO E7K is a amp/DAC itself already. Look into the E10K as well :) 

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #4,178 of 7,535
Fiio 10k is looking very good

I heard that Fiio e11k is a little brighter, is the fiio e10k a little warm, is there any other difference, what would suit better for 598

FYI, E11k is just an amplifier. E10K is a DAC/amp combo.

The job of a DAC is to convert our digital files into analog while amplifier is to power a headphone.

If you are looking for a DAC/amp combo, you are better off with E10K :)

Billson

Dec 6, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #4,183 of 7,535
Dec 7, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #4,184 of 7,535
Well, my Amazon purchase finally came in the mail today, and I must say I'm quite pleased with these. 
L3000.gif
 I never really liked how full sized headphones felt when worn, but these are so comfortable I'm willing to give them a pass. Not bad at all for my first pair of cans. 

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #4,185 of 7,535
  Well, my Amazon purchase finally came in the mail today, and I must say I'm quite pleased with these. 
L3000.gif
 I never really liked how full sized headphones felt when worn, but these are so comfortable I'm willing to give them a pass. Not bad at all for my first pair of cans. 

nice. mine also arrived at mu U.S. shippin agent address but will have to wait to get them another week... I hope it is worth the wait though.

could you comment on sound ? as a first pair of cans for you, it is interesting to know what your thoughts are on them in general...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back