Sennheiser HD 428 or HD 280 Pro?
Aug 2, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #16 of 27
Aug 2, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #17 of 27
I just ordered the Sennheiser HD 448 brand new on Buy.com for $69.99 (from a 3rd party seller). I think its a pretty sweet deal considering they're going on amazon for $96 and most other sellers are pricing it at $100+

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #18 of 27
Great deal, I hope you like it
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
I just ordered the Sennheiser HD 448 brand new on Buy.com for $69.99 (from a 3rd party seller). I think its a pretty sweet deal considering they're going on amazon for $96 and most other sellers are pricing it at $100+

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #20 of 27
Hmm. Both the HD438 and HD448 should have the same cables, since they're the higher end HD418 and H428s.
Wonder why the HD448 cables aren't detachable..  But comparing the cables on these cans to M50 or Grado cables,
they are really thin :)

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #22 of 27
Yeah, seems like the HD438 is the only one in the series that has detachable cables. Weird stuff.
I hope you're not hoping for too much bass on the HD448.  

Aug 11, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #25 of 27
I have just received my sennheiser 448s in the mail today (would have been sooner but there were some shipping complications). Right off the bat these headphones are very comfortable, much more confortable than my prior skullcandy hesh headphones. My ears heated up a bit buts thats not too big of an issue. The initial sound quality from my laptop and my ipod is great. I still have to "burn them in" which i will do soon. The sound isolation is good for not pressing against your ears like other headphones do. Bass isnt bad either but i will see how it changes as time goes on. First impression is very good.

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #26 of 27

Ive owned both these cans.

HD428

Sound quality: Great sound quality but the bass lacks a bit, also the highs are pretty average, from experience sennheisers have a GREAT sound stage and are great all round headphones.

Comfort: 2nd to none, if comfortability is a biggie go with the HD428s, HD280 pros are human head clamps

Durability: Very durable, lightweight

Good noise isolation: Below average but still good enough if using at home.

HD280 Pro

Sound quality: VERY VERY good for the $, because of isolation its just you and the music, VERY clear & crisp, bass is ok, better than HD428, VERY good balanced headphone for the $

Comfort: Most uncomfortable headphone ive ever owned, if you get any sort of tension in your head DONT buy these, they clamp like a vise and u cant stop it, u will never get used to it.

Durability: Bulky as hell & very heavy, but alot of plastic

Good noise isolation: You wont get better for the price, you cant hear a thing outside of the cans they are so isolated its scary

*Conclusion* Your looking into the wrong brand for rock, you wanna go with Grado Sr60i or Sr80i

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #27 of 27

Quote:
I have just received my sennheiser 448s in the mail today (would have been sooner but there were some shipping complications). Right off the bat these headphones are very comfortable, much more confortable than my prior skullcandy hesh headphones. My ears heated up a bit buts thats not too big of an issue. The initial sound quality from my laptop and my ipod is great. I still have to "burn them in" which i will do soon. The sound isolation is good for not pressing against your ears like other headphones do. Bass isnt bad either but i will see how it changes as time goes on. First impression is very good.

Glad you're enjoying them. You might want to try modding your HD448s if you really think the bass is lacking but I would suggest that you wait several months before modding. I did a wiki article on HD4x8 modding. 

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back