Sennheiser HD 380?
Jan 16, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #31 of 43

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was talking about the deleted posts of the guy tiemen was talking about and also the fact that Jude backed out from reviewing them after creating a thread saying he was gonna do so is very unusual.

Not only his posts, but the complete thread with useful information is deleted.
But we are not allowed to discuss this.
By the way, in that thread were some really negative comments, including mine.
HD380 is a terrible sounding headphone.
Even Tyll Hertsens of HeadRoom thinks they suck.

If Tyll thinks they suck then I will steer clear. I have come to respect his opinions (and measurements) very much. In doing some comparison shopping in this class of headphone I noticed that Headroom didn't even carry them. It would be nice to see how their response measures next to the 280pro. If you know where its posted please give us a link. A lot of people have given them good reviews. It was also pointed out that the cable used on these was terribly microphonic. Us head-fiers know how to fix that but replacing the cable will drive up the cost. For my purposes in live recording with the band its between the Shure SRH440, Sennheiser 280pro, and Beyerdynamic DT770M. The first two are around $100 and the DT770M can run two or three times that much. The M at the end makes these different than the 770 we usually talk about adding more isolation for live musicians, specifically drummers. I own and love the Shure SRH440 but they're a little light on the low end. As long as I don't go with the Beyers Tyll just saved me a hundred bucks.

I would like to hear his opinion directly from him though.

Jan 17, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #32 of 43

Quote:
If Tyll thinks they suck then I will steer clear. I have come to respect his opinions (and measurements) very much. In doing some comparison shopping in this class of headphone I noticed that Headroom didn't even carry them. It would be nice to see how their response measures next to the 280pro. If you know where its posted please give us a link.

It was on another headphone forum, which I'm not allowed to name here. Sorry.
But you can PM me if you want the name of that forum, I don't have the direct link to the HD380 comment though.

Jul 28, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #33 of 43
I have had the 380s for a while now, and they are unquestionably my favorite headphones (among all those I have heard, not just among the ones I own or have owned.)

On occasion I find myself temporarily preferring A900s, but that always passes after a day or two.

I did have to stretch them over a pillow for a while to reduce the clamping force. That made them about 10X as comfortable as they were new.

Aug 30, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #34 of 43
I really dont know what to think now....some say HD380's are completely horrible...some say they're absolutely great.... the only reasonable explanation is that some people are lying or giving their opinions on headphones that they haven't actually heard or they're trying to make the headphones look good / bad because they're fans/haters of sennheiser.  I've never come across headphones which get such an extreme amount of "hate" or "love" from the public.

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #35 of 43
All I can say that I really wanted to like them. Afterall I payed for them, and needed a good sounding closed  headphone.
I'm not a Senn basher too. But I was extremely disappointed by the HD380, on both comfort and sound.

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #37 of 43
Everyone have their opinion. Just like the Beats by Dre. A lot of people love them and a lot of people hate them. I personally love sennheiser's none-fatiguing sound signature. The only sennheiser headphone I find bad was the HD238, very boomy and no detail. I love my HD595, IE8, and HD448. I can't wait to own the HD 380 as soon as I find the extra cash for it.

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #39 of 43
I think the comfort and build quality improvement alone justify the price increase from HD280. And the HD380 uses sennheiser's EAR to create a larger sound stage which something HD280 don't have. As far as I know, sennheiser uses the same/similar driver in the HD380 as the HD280, HD555, HD595, its just the way the enclosure and how the air gets to the driver makes them sound different. I just order a pair from dakmart for $100.

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #40 of 43

Quote:
I think the comfort and build quality improvement alone justify the price increase from HD280. And the HD380 uses sennheiser's EAR to create a larger sound stage which something HD280 don't have. As far as I know, sennheiser uses the same/similar driver in the HD380 as the HD280, HD555, HD595, its just the way the enclosure and how the air gets to the driver makes them sound different. I just order a pair from dakmart for $100.

Have you ever ordered anything from Dakmart?  A quick search showed they were not a reputable seller.  Even my antivirus software blocked its website because of security threat.  I'm looking for a pair at good price too but the price at Dakmart seems too good to be true.

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #41 of 43
If I use my hd 380 as a portable headphone and plug it into my ipod classic without an amp, will it sound very good and provide a wow factor as I'm moving from apple stock earphones?

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #42 of 43

Quote:
Have you ever ordered anything from Dakmart?  A quick search showed they were not a reputable seller.  Even my antivirus software blocked its website because of security threat.  I'm looking for a pair at good price too but the price at Dakmart seems too good to be true.

Yes dakmart looks very sketchy, but it's indeed a sennheiser authorized refurbished dealer. I also got my IE8 from them and they are genuine. If you can get over the website design, i think its a great way to save money if you buying sennheiser headphones or denon

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #43 of 43
I bought my mm400's from dakmart (as a buy.com store) and had a great experience. I have tried to order direct from their site but the site is terrible. For one thing it doesn't show if the item is in stock. I am considering ordering the 380pros or stepping up to pxc 450. Problem is i can't find anywhere to demo the 450s and i don't know how they will do on my tablet (asus transformer prime) 150 ohm is much higher than anything i have tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back