Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions
May 25, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #452 of 1,519
I don't think you suppose to use 24bit for communication anyway. I think it's for all sound card. I had big issues when using 24bit for communication, I don't even think there is a different , just compability issues with 24bit.

You can't use 24 bit for communication audio, only 16 bit is available.

Edit
Ignore I miss read, if I playing sound from the communication device and I change from 16bit or 24bit that does indeed mute communication until sound is played from the main audio.

This is understandable though, even though we have two output devices that are both connected to the PC by a single USB when resetting the USB for other outputs this will switch off all devices while the change is being made. If the GSX had two separate USB connection this wouldn't happen.

Working ok here, you cant hear it because I not recording the communication device but look at the volume indicator.

The problem isn't that you need to play from the main audio to set the device into the correct mode, the problem is that communication audio is muted when in HD (24 bit) mode, the soundbar does indeed show up but it can't be heard.

May 25, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #453 of 1,519
You can't use 24 bit for communication audio, only 16 bit is available.

The problem isn't that you need to play from the main audio to set the device into the correct mode, the problem is that communication audio is muted when in HD (24 bit) mode, the soundbar does indeed show up but it can't be heard.

aye? it works for me in 24bit stereo

Edit
Sorry for discord chat in the background for got I was in Discord haa

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #457 of 1,519
Well, mine straight up won't play in HD mode.
Realised one can test with just right clicking the Headset Earphone/Speakers.

By the way, my Communication Audio is muted when playing through my speakers in any mode, is it the same for you?

Don't have speaker connected to test sorry. only headphones. Have you tried different USB ports?

May 31, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #460 of 1,519
I leave it off I dont like the echo effect. Main reason I hated all other virtual surround sound before the GSX because reverb couldn't be turned off. The GSX without this feature sounds more natural and balanced.

What about the sidetone , I'll use the low one because of DT990 is open

What about environment ? you change it for every game ?

Jun 1, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #462 of 1,519
2 important questions

I have now the Objective2 still waiting for the GSX,

1. can I connect it with the Asus Strix DLX ?
2. the Objective2 is sure have higher amp than the Asus right ? but both are still 600 ohms supported. will it cause issues ? can it destroy something ?
3. should I keep 600 ohms selected in the Asus Strix DLX in the driver ?or lower it to Low ? then it might not Double AMP with issues and just use it for Minimum Dac and AMP support.
I want to check the objective2 to see that everything works.

if it's doable, I just connect the Asus Strix DLX headphone connection to the Objective2 Input and the headphones to the objective2 output ?

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #463 of 1,519
2 important questions

I have now the Objective2 still waiting for the GSX,

1. can I connect it with the Asus Strix DLX ?
2. the Objective2 is sure have higher amp than the Asus right ? but both are still 600 ohms supported. will it cause issues ? can it destroy something ?
3. should I keep 600 ohms selected in the Asus Strix DLX in the driver ?or lower it to Low ? then it might not Double AMP with issues and just use it for Minimum Dac and AMP support.
I want to check the objective2 to see that everything works.

if it's doable, I just connect the Asus Strix DLX headphone connection to the Objective2 Input and the headphones to the objective2 output ?

No one can answer or help ?

another question...

does anyone hear different between GSX and SBX in this video ? cause they sound the same, so why would we really need GSX ?

Jun 5, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #464 of 1,519
I just wanted to add that this device is somewhat compatible with a PS4. Sound comes out way cleaner and richer than the Dualshock output, and it comes out significantly louder using a PC373D, a G4ME One, and and specially G4ME Zero headsets.

There are some quirks, though:

Stereo is reversed, but it is easily fixable with a Male 3,5mm to female RCA > Swapped male RCA to female 3,5mm adaptor.

Sound is off whenever you start or replug the device, but you just have yo turn down the volume one notch, then up again in order for the device to turn on and output signal.

A couple of times it has disconnected, with just noise coming out of the unit. Unplugging and plugging again resolves the issue.

It works in Stereo only given the capabilities of the PS4's USB Audio.

But here's the interesting thing. When you start the console BEFORE the turn down and up the volume thing, and you can select 7.1 audio and some reverb added, and it really opens up the soundstage and the sound rendering becomes something more spacially accurate, as if the device applies it's sound rendering thingy to the two channels coming out of the PS4.

For me is a far better experience than the controller output that I've been using since I got those headsets.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #465 of 1,519
No one can answer or help ?

another question...

does anyone hear different between GSX and SBX in this video ? cause they sound the same, so why would we really need GSX ?

I don't hear a huge difference in the directionality of the surround effect, but I do hear some differences overall. With SBX, there is more of a "jump" when something moves from back left to back right. You can hear this in the first part of the video where the soldier is moving behind your head. With GSX, I hear a more natural transition from back left to right, but with SBX there is more of a jump at one point. The second difference for me is in the low end. It's much more pronounced in the GSX as demonstrated during the window explosion in the last part of the video.

That being said whether that's worth the difference in price is purely subjective.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back