Sennheiser Amperiors?
May 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #212 of 1,022
Quote:
It's worth remebering that these Amperior's are also made in Ireland for what that's worth.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah exactly 
beyersmile.png

May 25, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #215 of 1,022
Sennheiser products are always out in Europe before it hits the american market.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 26, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #217 of 1,022
Quote:

Thanks for keeping tabs on the US launch. I'm itching to listening to a pair of these as well. Looks like we've got a bit of a wait on our hands, though.

well b&h has them listed on there websight that they were getting them on friday(25th) but when I went in on thursday one guy said he had no idea if the date was accurate, and 2 other guys (1 on sales floor) and a girl at customer service said sometime in the late june time frame 
mad.gif

and I could not go today because they are closed till tuesday, and all the apple stores in nyc (but the one in soho,read above) and one in long island all had no idea what I was talking about and in the one on long island I wasted 30 min waiting for them too come back too me with a pair of adidas ear buds. j&r had no idea when, and 17th street photo and adorama had no idea what I was talking about and were looking at me like I had 3 heads,6 arms, and 1 leg. so in the end I spent 11 hours looking for them for nothing but at least I saw a movie. 

May 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #218 of 1,022
Exactly how long is the cord without ANY attachments? Also, how long would the cord and extension be (not including the Apple attachment). Would it be too long for portable use?

Thanks.

May 27, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #219 of 1,022
Quote:
Sennheiser products are always out in Europe before it hits the american market.

Not true - the HD 800 was available in the USA first and Europe had to wait several months longer for them.

I had the very first pair in the UK - No. 1300.

Oh - and the Amperior is definitely available on-line in the Apple Store in the UK now - see HERE.

May 27, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #220 of 1,022
Quote:
Exactly how long is the cord without ANY attachments? Also, how long would the cord and extension be (not including the Apple attachment). Would it be too long for portable use?

Thanks.

The Sennheiser spec. says:- 1.2m connected to the headphones + a 0.96m detachable cable connected to the remote control

May 27, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #221 of 1,022
Oh I am so curious about these amperiors because I am looking for a set of portable headphones and was almost set on the hd25-1-ii over the dt1350.......But then I heard of these amperiors......WHY!!! Just when I was about to make a decision :p.... Now I have to wait until they release and who knows when that will be. The guy at my local headphone store in Melbourne Australia said they are due to come with the hd700? Guess i will just have to wait and see.

May 27, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #222 of 1,022
Not true - the HD 800 was available in the USA first and Europe had to wait several months longer for them.

I had the very first pair in the UK - No. 1300.

Oh - and the Amperior is definitely available on-line in the Apple Store in the UK now - see HERE.

Not in the luscious blue though.

I could pop down to regent street or covent garden where there is stock but can't really be bothered.

May 27, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #223 of 1,022
Quote:

Thanks for that John, that is very appreciated indeedy.... hopefully these will be a great match for my Walkman Z1070 which has a pretty incredible SQ.
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Not in the luscious blue though.
I could pop down to regent street or covent garden where there is stock but can't really be bothered.

to make it hard work for your fingers, why don't you phone their customer-services (number listed at top of the web-page) and ask for them in blue... kinda works if you put in the non-bothered effort.....
wink_face.gif

May 27, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #224 of 1,022
I would love to hear more DT1350 vs Amperior comparisons.

Tyll from innerfidelity mentioned it in some comments(that he prefers the amperior over the dt1350) on his videos, but I'd like to hear others on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back