Sennheiser 650 - Dissapointed With Bass
Jun 11, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #33 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didnt know people associated with the company were allowed to praise the products in this board...................
Anyway, I cant particularly agree with you.
Theres a large mid-bass hump compared to the 600 (which I consider to be more neutral than the 650, but less so than the 880) and also the high-rolloff that is evident in all the HD series phones i have heard (seems to be part of the senn mid-fi sound) which IMO makes them boring.

Yes, the 600 is more true to the source.

Jun 11, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #34 of 57
Just get some good closed headphones if you want some slamming bass.

Jun 11, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #35 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wasn't praising them at all - I was just stating facts.

Right on. And personally I appreciate hearing from someone associated with the manufacturer on these issues.

I do not find the HD650 to be bassy either.

Jun 11, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #36 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max F /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just get some good closed headphones if you want some slamming bass.

If want some major bass skip the closed cans and get a pair of 12inch subs solves all your bass issues.

As for the HD650 it has a nice bass compared to the HD580 and HD600 but not over bearing bass as some people would prefer.

Jun 11, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #39 of 57
For me I think the HD650's don't have a ton of bass, but it's more than the HDd600's.

Jun 11, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #40 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverElysium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been awhile since I've been here on the forums.

Haven't been able to purchase anymore equipment lately, I currently have HD650s with custom cables (forgot manufac). My Headroom Desktop Amp won't turn on, I think its a fuse problem...

Anyway my problem is, the HD650s just dont pack enough bass for me, my budget isn't very good but what would ya'll recommend me, I need a new set of cans...

Need more bass, but hopefully not a set that sacrifices highs and mids for the sake of bass...

Thanks for any feedback!

What were they plugged into when you decided they had less bass than you wanted?

Jun 11, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #41 of 57
FWIW, my experience with the HD 650 was that they were focused on the lower midrange/upper bass, though the lower bass did not actually seem that present.

Jun 11, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #42 of 57
It's his music? Needs EQ? Needs a sub? New amp? Sheesh I've never heard such a crazy widespread response! How on earth can you arrive at a conclusion that his music must be blamed?

I experienced less-then-expected bass response from my 650s, and last week purchased a set of HD600s. Within all of about 3 seconds I recognised a vast improvement in bass. If you're happy with the rest of the sound of your HD650s, please try some HD600s. Recabling will not give you more bass, and some of the other suggestions are hysterical.

Jun 11, 2009 at 10:32 AM Post #43 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's his music? Needs EQ? Needs a sub? New amp? Sheesh I've never heard such a crazy widespread response! How on earth can you arrive at a conclusion that his music must be blamed?

I experienced less-then-expected bass response from my 650s, and last week purchased a set of HD600s. Within all of about 3 seconds I recognised a vast improvement in bass. If you're happy with the rest of the sound of your HD650s, please try some HD600s. Recabling will not give you more bass, and some of the other suggestions are hysterical.

Take this thread and even more so this post with a grain of salt people. The 650 needs a proper cable and amp. My rig is open for comparison anytime someone wants a crack at it.

Jun 11, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #44 of 57
I have an adequate amp, and have used an HD600 cable, 650 cable, and an ALO SXC cable. My experience is the HD600 immediately had more bass ceteris paribus. OP should at least TRY some 600s before diving into expensive gear and cable upgrades that still may leave them unfulfilled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back