SennGrado Thread
Aug 25, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #512 of 518
So what's the consensus on px100ii vs px(c)250ii? Different drivers? Which is a better performer in a senngrado build?

Any other cheap drivers I could use that i could upgrade in the future for magnum or ypilson drivers, so the same diameter.

I have ksc75 drivers on hand but I don't think they are the same shape or would work too well in the open woodies.

I'd go out and buy an expensive driver now but I wouldn't wanna use it if the headphone turned out poorly, so id rather use a guinea pig driver first that sounds good enough to 'test' my build but not overly expensive.

Aug 25, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #513 of 518
On that note, what is the diameter of the housing of Magnum V8 and Ypilson R/G 1?

Thanks

Edit ): found the dimension of the V8.1 which I think I'll go for down the line.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #514 of 518
Hate to do some old thread necromancy, but is there still a file out there for the adapter rings for the PX100-ii drivers for these? I have all the parts hanging around for a gift for a friend, but have been drawing up blanks trying to source/print the rings.

Oct 21, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #516 of 518
Necroposting an old thread because I was reading a bunch into this! It greatly inspired me to design my own senngrado without much of the grado haha. I absolutely loved the idea of using old sennheiser drivers in a unique body, so I did!
DSC_0320.JPG

With my CAD skills, I made an entire housing for these little speakers of the px100! Using grado pads of course. Detachable cable and custom housing with my own acoustic changes. These drivers are some of the best ones I've tried!

Oct 21, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #518 of 518
Looks great. How do they sound?
They sound lovely! Ive tuned them to take into account for the lack of venting on the back of the drivers to match the px100, whicg uses a plastic guard. Ive replicated this by adding dampening to the rear of the drivers. I dont have any pictures im afraid but if I make another Ill share! With the front using open cel foam with a semi thick density to keep the front safe, this is my impressions:

The bass has a lovely rumble to it that doesnt sound disorted or heavy. Mainly in the midbass, with a lack of subbass. Its not too harsh as my previous attempt was poorly done, this version sounds enjoyable for bass! Some tracks really benefit from this but others not so much. I can also hear a bit of mud to the overall bass but it's not offensive enough to say it's bad.

The mids and vocals are quite forward, with lovely presentation in every track I have heard. I can hear an ever so slight amount of sibalence in female vocals, but male vocals have a lovely texture that reminds me of my hd650 in a way!

Instrumentals and treble I can definitely hear some wonkiness. Cymbals and hi hats feel limp and weak, where guitars of varied kinds have an incredible heft to it that is so satisfying to hear and Id take over my other headphones.

Genuinely a lovely headphone imo in some tracks, where others don't see much benefit.

Also the baffle:
DSC_0316.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back