Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Apr 10, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #678 of 1,652
Not aware of any movement yet. They're doing a good job of chipping away at the feelgood factor by ignoring people again. Sure it will surface at some point.

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #679 of 1,652
keep the faith

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #680 of 1,652
keep the faith

I have faith they will deliver eventually, it's just their inability to learn how to deal with backers that annoys me (and unwillingness to just give straight answers to simple questions), and the meaningless responses they pop up on IDGG. Parking company with their PR guy was the biggest mistake they made from a customer perspective. Sure it will be worth it in the end.

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #681 of 1,652
I have faith they will deliver eventually, it's just their inability to learn how to deal with backers that annoys me (and unwillingness to just give straight answers to simple questions), and the meaningless responses they pop up on IDGG. Parking company with their PR guy was the biggest mistake they made from a customer perspective. Sure it will be worth it in the end.

Its true.. the silence gets really annoying. Hope they hear us and start to improve!

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #683 of 1,652
Wow. People really need to stop the day to day stressing over this stuff. Bad communication may just be a sign that they are overworked and/or don't want to bore people with the day to day BS. I worked in manufacturing, and we were not even required to report to management as often as people expect updates from these guys. It gets really hairy when you get into locking in the design through final testing. Things can drag for days, and then suddenly you don't have enough time to deal with everything happening at once. One incident that sticks in my head was when we were in a daily team meeting, and I reported that a bug was still present in the latest software version. The software design manager asked when I got the latest software, and I told him that I was running with the release from the day before. His response was "what time yesterday did you retrieve it?" I thought he was kidding, but I told him that it was at 9:00am. He said "Get the one from 3:00pm. That bug should be gone." So that was how fast we were going through software versions in development. It actually made a difference if I downloaded in the morning, or the afternoon. Then there is the issue with being a small company trying to spec components. When it comes time to build, the manufacturer may have dropped certain components. The fact that you want 10K of something does not mean a thing to a company that sells millions of components a year. This is common in electronics. Suddenly, you are scrambling to find a replacement. My point is that things can move fast, and it can be a very fluid situation.

The other thing that strikes me as funny is that startup tech companies that can get $50 million from venture capitalists based on a "concept" that no one understands, they rent a building, hire 50 engineers and coders at top dollar, and stock the place with foosball tables, pinball machines, arcade games, 8 X-Boxes hooked up to 80in wide screens, basketball goals, free Starbucks, free food, and an in house massage therapist, and the guys who gave them the $50 million don't even realize that they have not made any progress until 2 years later when they ask for more money because they already blew the $50 million. But some people on Indiegogo invest $200 each, and they hound these poor guys for updates. You have to admit that is ironic. I realize that some others have gone bad, but Indiegogo does all they can to tell people that risk is involved. But these guys have already managed to release one product, so that alone is a good sign. They may lose their ass on the original units they sold at a fairly low price, but I would say they have a decent chance of delivering. Now, the people who buy the production model may end up paying a lot more, but that will not be our problem, right?

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #685 of 1,652
Wristocat on IDGG. They are how you run a campaign. Levitation roving wrist supports. They are chasing down people to try the product. Issuing updates and speaking to people daily.
They are a basement startup as well..

Seiun.. I am just being patient but managing expectations would lead to continued support... First time crowd funders might be put off for future items..

On a positive note, I opened my OPPO HA1 Amp. The connections internally are bog standard PC style wire crimps in male female plastic clips and a couple of flat flexi cables. Removed cleaned and deoxited.. Muhahaha... is the word I describe the improvement. I payed special effort to the earth points.
There is only one crimp washer to the earth from the mains to the frame.
This didn't look clean. Sanded them and deoxited. Then did every grounding screw on the pcb. I now have a new deeper sounding Amp with detail and sound stage. Or new hd sound and headphones. My ETHERS are now paying for themselves.

I am one happy chappie.

Have fun

Dave

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #686 of 1,652
I'm hoping for a beta unit also. My guess would be they had a lot of applications, so sorting out who is going to get one is a bit complicated. I've got my fingers crossed. I'm hoping that I can run it with HDMI only outputting video and audio going out the headphone jack. I'd like to use it as the centre of my home theatre. I'd use Gizmo to control my JRiver, and do everything else direct on device. I'm really looking forward to this. I was hoping to get one for my birthday this month, but that appears unlikely.

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #687 of 1,652
Hopefully for CD's sake, we get some notification of the beta testers soon...  Although I too would like to receive a beta unit, I think it is much more important for CD to get this process moving and just pick out 50 people who they believe (based on the thin resumes we provided) will be responsible enough to give them good feedback.  I'm not complaining about CD...  Believe me, after experiencing the Geek Wave experience (still with no functioning, independent prototype), this CD experience has not caused me any alarm or pain.  I have invested in CD only what I felt I could lose in a "bad deal", with the whole idea being that listening to and enjoying good music is my personal hobby.  Lord knows I have bought products for my hobby that were highly touted by others that fell totally flat for me, and I can guarantee that I've spent more money on these products than I have invested in CD...  So to take a "risk" with a start-up company like CD is just an extension of my hobby; I firmly believe that sometimes one has to explore new/unkown territory to expand/enhance a viable hobby.  CD has a prototype of the Pro/ProX that appears to need some finishing touches/tweaks to optimize performance/function, and this is reassuring to me.  But to read the comments on the CD Indiegogo page, you would think that CD was about ready to be placed on the FBI's 10 most wanted list...  To be honest, I'm becoming embarrassed by all the threats of refund requests, paypal notifications, cursing etc that are piling up daily on the CD Indiegogo site.   If I were considering sources for start-up funding for a new company, I'm not sure I would choose Indiegogo.   But on the other hand, I really believe that Indiegogo could make this whole process potentially more tolerable for both companies and investors if they required working prototypes of the products before companies could solicit investments... Oh, well, maybe in a more perfect world...  I would still like to encourage all investors in CD to show some patience and civility; in my opinion, it would be a total shame for all of us if we don't try to keep this campaign as friendly as we possibly can.  If in the end, CD provides us with products that are poor in quality/performance, then their business will suffer irreparably.  So, let's try to give them some more time to optimize their products before they are released, remembering that patience is a virtue....

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #689 of 1,652
I assume that most, if not all of the recent comments, refer to the Pro/ProX players. I ordered the basic Player (+ free social media Dura's) which was supposed to be sent in January. January came and went. Near the end of February, I got a reply to an email, saying that I would get my order in March. As the end of March approached, I sent another email asking if I still could expect the order in March, and If not, when? The reply said to be patient (not my spelling. They would send my Player (no mention of the Dura's), "as soon as possible".  Who know what that means? All I know is that I don't have my order, and have no idea when to expect it.

Originally, I was considering the ProX, but since it was scheduled to be sent in March, while the Player's delivery was supposed to be in January, I decided to order the Player. If I was satisfied with the Player, I would, then, have ordered the ProX. Now, that is probably not going to happen........unless the Player really blows me away (if I ever get it). Maybe CD's intentions are good, but I don't like the "runaround" that I'm getting. 

If I get my order by May (best case scenario?), that will be 4 months late........for a player that was completed and tested by late December or early January. Extrapolate that for the Pro/ProX, which has not even finished the testing process, yet. What if problems are found? Supporters will be lucky to get their order, this year!  Based on my order experience, this seems to be a realistic assessment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back