Seeking headphone advice from the experts
Dec 31, 2010 at 1:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

LuvUDog

New Head-Fier
I have read hundreds, if not thousands of reviews online in an attempt to find the perfect headphones for my equipment, style of music, and listening preferences.  My search has taken me here to Head-Fi.  Currently, the vast majority of my listening is done via my iPhone.  After tolerating the Apple supplied earbuds that came with my phone for about 2 days, I did some quick research and purchased a relatively inexpensive pair of Audio Technica ATH ES7 headphones.  

While I can appreciate the significant performance improvement, my ears are not satisfied.  I have identified two possible headphones that I am seriously considering:  Shure SE 535, and Denon AH-D5000.  I do not have a headphone amplifier, which I have read would be highly recommended, if not required should I choose to go with second choice.  When it comes to my music, I am not one who is looking for head-thumping bass.

I would welcome any thoughts about your experiences with either of these two units.  If I go with the Denon AH-D's, is a headphone amplifier a must?  If so, any suggestion?  In addition, if you have any other phones that you feel I should consider, please let me know.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back