SEATTLE MEET @ FRONT PANEL EXPRESS 1/21/2012
Nov 8, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #61 of 569
Sorry, once again, no change in my setup.  The only thing I've been playing around with is different music software.  Surprisingly they make a noticeable difference.

1. L3000
  2. DHA3000
  3. Linus
  4. iMac

Nov 8, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #62 of 569
I've always wanted to go to a meet and it sounds like the Seattle crew has a great time so count me in. I'll make the trek up from Portland.

I guess I'll just bring most of what I have?

-LCD-2 rev 2
-D-7000 (might be sold by then)
-Music Streamer II
-iStreamer
-KICAS Caliente

I hope to have a blast!

Nov 9, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #63 of 569

Quote:
For new stuff I will be bringing a Sansui 9090 reciever and a Marantz DV6001 besides my usual. Also have some Marconi tubes to roll. Have new music as usual.

You must have been snakebitten by the vintage bug, what with that Sansui 9090 and Marantz...I am really keen to hear the Sansui, given all the buzz about it on the vintage receivers forum and I have been looking for a Marantz 2075/2085 for some time as well.  So that is a sweet pair to bring along.  You almost have me thinking about bringing my SX-1250, but those stairs are going to be a killer haul with that unit....

Sachu: Looking forward to hearing the Stax setup...I did not have enough time with Mossback's unit at the Bottlehead meet to appreciate it enough and do want to hear it alongside the LCDs that are sure to be around.

Still thinking what to bring...see what Santa gets me.

At least, count me in for FPE.  I have a HH Scott 222B tube amp from 1960 that needs a replica faceplate made anyhow so might as well bring that along too, though I haven't fired it up yet (Too chicken since the Mullards and Telefunkens on the unit look like they've seen better days and the caps just might blow me into next week inadvertently.  I will probably have Sachu do the honors if he thinks I'm a wuss...
tongue_smile.gif
)

Nov 9, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #64 of 569

Quote:
I've always wanted to go to a meet and it sounds like the Seattle crew has a great time so count me in. I'll make the trek up from Portland.

I guess I'll just bring most of what I have?

-LCD-2 rev 2
-D-7000 (might be sold by then)
-Music Streamer II
-iStreamer
-KICAS Caliente

I hope to have a blast!

Oh man, been wanting to hear a D7000 for awhile..

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #65 of 569

Quote:
Yup, Stellar's and Smarty Pants are my other favorites. Where do you work?

Oooh, I've been corresponding with Gary (Smeggy) to visit him and listen to some Thunderpants. I'm really curious to try them.

Right next to the post office on 6th and Orcas. Me and another guy are sole proprietors of our businesses so we share costs leasing a small office in a not so office area lol. It works though. I kinda need the motivation of actually going somewhere to work everyday. Dont think I could be a work at home kinda guys

Nov 9, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #66 of 569
Here's what I'll be bringing unless I have a momentary lapse of sanity and change up the rig:

- LCD-2
- LCD-2 rev2
- Liquid Fire
- Berkeley Audio DAC Alpha
- Squeezebox Touch

If anyone is interested in listening to them, I also still have a CEntrance DACMini and ATH-ESW9.

Nov 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #67 of 569
Hey everyone, excited for another meet.  Heh well I have redone my system again lol so if my amp comes in time I will try to bring 

Ava Vision dac
Decware Mini torii
LCD-2 rev1
RSA SR71b

Its still too far out for me to plan, but if nothing comes up with business I will be there.  Sounds like fun

Have a good one

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #69 of 569
I guess I'm the last guy to hear about the meet! I'll have to give PB some grief (which I do constantly anyway). Along with the usual stuff I'll bring a pair of Paramount 300B amps with some adapters so you guys can try them with LCD-2s and the like. We also have a new DAC prototype that we showed at RMAF, that is a step closer to what the final version will be. I'll bring lots of cans too, 800s, 650s, 600s, 701s, QP400s, K1Ks, etc.,etc.

By the way, we're having a get together at Bottleheadquarters on Saturday,  Nov. 19th. The theme is more or less "bring in your Bottlehead kit and we'll help you finish it", but we'll also have lotsa music and some grub. As to future HF meets, there should be a cafe/caterer opening soon in our park, and in a few months there will be a brewery with a tasting room right next door to us. You Seattle guys could rent a van and a driver, have him pick you up at the ferry, have a meet, meet the brewers, and have the driver pour you back on the boat. For non-drinkers there will be an espresso bar opening soon, at Storyville coffee at the other end of the park. I might even get an espresso machine in our kitchen by then.

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #70 of 569

Quote:
I guess I'm the last guy to hear about the meet! I'll have to give PB some grief (which I do constantly anyway). Along with the usual stuff I'll bring a pair of Paramount 300B amps with some adapters so you guys can try them with LCD-2s and the like. We also have a new DAC prototype that we showed at RMAF, that is a step closer to what the final version will be. I'll bring lots of cans too, 800s, 650s, 600s, 701s, QP400s, K1Ks, etc.,etc.

By the way, we're having a get together at Bottleheadquarters on Saturday,  Nov. 19th. The theme is more or less "bring in your Bottlehead kit and we'll help you finish it", but we'll also have lotsa music and some grub. As to future HF meets, there should be a cafe/caterer opening soon in our park, and in a few months there will be a brewery with a tasting room right next door to us. You Seattle guys could rent a van and a driver, have him pick you up at the ferry, have a meet, meet the brewers, and have the driver pour you back on the boat. For non-drinkers there will be an espresso bar opening soon, at Storyville coffee at the other end of the park. I might even get an espresso machine in our kitchen by then.

The big questions is are you going to bring Mrs Bottlehead to watch my boy again :)  Im kidding of course, just wanted to take the opportunity to ask you to thank her again for helping me so much last time. I dont think I would have listened to a single thing if she wasnt there. Cant wait to see you and your wonderful gear again Doc!

Nov 11, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #71 of 569
Joe Pittman of Kosmic will be making it. Talked to him tonight at the Pacific Northwest Audio Society Meeting at Madrona Digital in Bellevue. Will be updating the first post very soon.

Nov 11, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #73 of 569
Updated the 1st post a bit. Nice to see the interested and the new. Nice amount of interest. Any thoughts of a good Aftermeet GUYS????????

Nov 12, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #74 of 569
I live up in Bellingham, but man this sounds like a fun thing to do indoors in January!  :)
I hope to make it down and have wanted to hear some higher end gear than what I currently have (but definitely will bring):

- Grado SR325is
- AKG Q701
- NuForce Icon HD USB/DAC combo

I'll also try and round up some quality (and uncommon) FLAC files.

Nov 13, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #75 of 569
Hi All, I'm looking forward to the meet at Front Panel Express! I had a great time last time. Big Poppa tells me there will be catered food this time. And I'm sure the after meet should be fun also.

This time I will bring the new April Music Eximus DP1 DAC/Preamp/Headphone Amp. I think it has a decent amps section so I'm looking forward to everyone's comments.

I'm also bringing the new Triode Corporation of Japan (aka Tri) TRV-A300SER wich is a 300B tube integrated amplifier with decent headphone output. Big Poppa tells me that I may have a small room off to the side for myself so I can hook-up a pair of speakers. If so, I'll bring my new small Blumenstein Orca's which use 3" wide band Fostex drivers. The Blumenstein's are made in Seattle and make excellent near field monitors and acceptable output for small rooms.

I'll also bring some of my resonance control gadgets and show you how to improve the performance of your rigs for very little bucks.

And like last time, I'll donate some stuff like:
Oyaide R-1 receptacle (two each)
Oyaide SLSC Pure Solid Silver RCA's one set of 4 so you can make your own DIY interconnects
and some other stuff that I'll dig up out of my inventory...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back