SEATTLE MEET @ FRONT PANEL EXPRESS 1/21/2012
Nov 7, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #46 of 569

Quote:
You like that BIG DADDY? Linus here yet?

Nope, no Linus yet. If he waits 'til friday, he'll be born 11/11/11.   Can I take on the name "Little Daddy" once he gets here 
tongue.gif

So most likely, I'll be able to make this meet.

Nov 7, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #47 of 569

Quote:
Neat! I'm building two Objective 2 amps right now which have front panels made by FPE... it'll be interesting to see their facilities assuming I can make this meet.

If I can come I'll bring a Schiit Lyr running Amperex orange globe, Holland made 6DJ8s; LCD-2 Rev. 2; HRT Music Streamer II; and of course the O2 amp for grins.

Wow, I sure hope you make it. I have the Schiit Lyr with Lorenz Trimica and a Music Streamer II+ or the new Bifrost. I think it would be fun to compare some things. Not sure if you have heard the MSII+ but if you want to I could even let you hook up mine to your rig since I can run the Bifrost. Im betting there is little difference between the MSII and II+ though but who knows till you try.

Even more I want to try the O2. I bet it beats the Lyr but once again, who knows till you try :)

Nov 7, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #48 of 569

Quote:
Wow, I sure hope you make it. I have the Schiit Lyr with Lorenz Trimica and a Music Streamer II+ or the new Bifrost. I think it would be fun to compare some things. Not sure if you have heard the MSII+ but if you want to I could even let you hook up mine to your rig since I can run the Bifrost. Im betting there is little difference between the MSII and II+ though but who knows till you try.

Even more I want to try the O2. I bet it beats the Lyr but once again, who knows till you try :)

I considered the MSII+ model, but I bought the MSII on short notice after my M2Tech HiFace died on the operating table during modification surgery 
mad.gif
  I wasn't ready to spend the extra $$ for the better version (plus, it sounds like the II model is the best value for its price). Longer term, I'd been thinking of the Bifrost to replace my hotrodded AUNE DAC, but that was before the HiFace adapter died and left me without an SPDIF signal from my netbook. The sound quality of the MSII running directly into the Lyr is very sweet, though! It may be a while before I decide to get another outboard DAC.

BTW-- I have my new Music Streamer II running on external (non-USB) DC power and the simple mod to the cabling was worth the <30 minutes of effort. The change accomplishes what this product out of Germany does:  http://www.aqvox.de/usb-power_en.html  It bypasses the often-noisy USB 5-volt power.

To get back on track on this thread, I'm going to really try to make this meet in January. I had an out of town trip come up during the last Seattle meet and couldn't attend that one unfortunately. It'll be cool to see and hear others' rigs and compare notes.

Nov 7, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #49 of 569
I've never heard of Front Panel Express, but it's less than a mile from where I work!

If it's an audio shop, I'll be very upset that I have had one so close for so long and didn't know it...
angry_face.gif

Sounds like lunch at Ro Ro's!

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #50 of 569

Quote:
I've never heard of Front Panel Express, but it's less than a mile from where I work!

If it's an audio shop, I'll be very upset that I have had one so close for so long and didn't know it...
angry_face.gif

Sounds like lunch at Ro Ro's!

Never had RO Ro's but I walk over to Stellar's Pizza and Ale all the time and the meatball sub is to die for. Either one will work for me!

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #51 of 569
Count me in for the meet. I don't have a ton of gear to bring, but here's the list.

Headphones:
Thunderpants TP1
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro80

Leckerton UHA-6S portable DAC/Amp

iRiver H140 for portable digital source
I am working on another portable digital source but still have some testing to do

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #52 of 569
I'll try to make it up to Seattle for this one.  I got some new toys now.  
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #53 of 569

Quote:
Never had RO Ro's but I walk over to Stellar's Pizza and Ale all the time and the meatball sub is to die for. Either one will work for me!

Yup, Stellar's and Smarty Pants are my other favorites. Where do you work?

Quote:
Count me in for the meet. I don't have a ton of gear to bring, but here's the list.

Headphones:
Thunderpants TP1
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro80

Leckerton UHA-6S portable DAC/Amp

iRiver H140 for portable digital source
I am working on another portable digital source but still have some testing to do

Oooh, I've been corresponding with Gary (Smeggy) to visit him and listen to some Thunderpants. I'm really curious to try them.

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #54 of 569
Will be there if I am not someplace sunnier and warmer. Looking forward to it.

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #55 of 569
For new stuff I will be bringing a Sansui 9090 reciever and a Marantz DV6001 besides my usual. Also have some Marconi tubes to roll. Have new music as usual.

Nov 7, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #57 of 569
LOL........ If you meet the people, you know why we do it in Seattle! Rain, snow or shine we will have a great meet.

Quote:
Are you sure you want to do this thing in Seattle?  New Orleans weather is really nice that time of year. 
wink_face.gif

Nov 8, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #58 of 569
I'm down for front panel express, we had a really nice meet there last time.  Anyone for new years raffles? =)

Nov 8, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #59 of 569
for a change i'll be bringing a lot of my gear with me.

Liquid Fire prototype with siemens tubes
Thunderpants
Wharfie Isodynamic thunderpants
Assemblage DAC 3.1 
Stax Omega 2 Mk1 and a high end electrostat amplifier.

Nov 8, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #60 of 569

Quote:
Oooh, I've been corresponding with Gary (Smeggy) to visit him and listen to some Thunderpants. I'm really curious to try them.

Looks like you'll have at least two pair to try, for comparison.

I wasn't in the market for new 'phones until I went to the Portland meet early this year and heard my first pair of Thunderpants :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back