SEATTLE MEET @ FRONT PANEL EXPRESS 1/21/2012
Nov 3, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #31 of 569

I've never been to one of these either, but it sounds like I would have a lot of fun, especially since I still haven't even tried headphones that cost over $30. Count me in unless something goes horribly wrong in my life (January seems so far away). I'll bring my FA-002w assuming they get here by then...... and who knows, I may be buying myself a xmas present to bring along too.
Quote:
Show up at the address at the designated time. Walk around and introduce yourself as you put on headphones and listen away. Its mostly just a social gathering with lots of geek talk. You will leave with a bunch of new friends if you are even remotely social. Plus you get to test out a bunch of headphones and amps and dacs and what not. If you have some to share bring them along and test them on my amps. Ill have a Schiit Lyr and a Woo Audio 2.

Nov 3, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #32 of 569
Has the date in January been set yet?

Nov 3, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #33 of 569
Since this is now scheduled for sometime in Jan, I might actually be able to make.  Who bringing LCD-3's 
popcorn.gif

Nov 3, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #35 of 569
Have a date set. BUT got a cool invite to have a meet. Will up date in a bit.

Nov 3, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #36 of 569
So does this mean the venue has changed also? I could have sworn I saw the date and locale posted yesterday but maybe I accidently looked at the old thread lol. Or Im just going crazy which is very possible.

Nov 4, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #37 of 569
Yeah you saw the original date location time. Have to work a few details out for a better location. Read the PM after I posted. Either way we have a meet in Jan.

Nov 4, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #38 of 569
Decided to check who was online and saw Big Pops posting away on this thread so decided to follow the scent to this...

January it is...I will spare myself one day away from studying for the state Bar exam to make this meet, since each one is always so educational and I love jiving with you guys and playing with your toys...

Just not sure what I will bring...I have a new gig going down involving speaker tap adapters so once I get a chance to recable my HE-5 with a 4 pin male XLR before the meet rolls around, I will be able to decide what to bring so those of you who have a burning curiousity to listen to the speaker tap output with orthos such as the HE-6 will have a chance to do so....

If luck is on my side, I might be looking to buy a pair of LCD-2, rev. 2s....if someone gets a LCD-3 and blows me away, plans will then change.  But I really liked Equus' rev. 2s out of KingStyle's rig and the vintage receiver thread is all ga-ga over the LCD pairing with the TOTL Pioneers, so thats my next upgrade line.

Nov 7, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #39 of 569
We have been invited again to have our meet at Front Panel Express. Watch out, some cool details are coming.

Nov 7, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #41 of 569
Sweet location. It might feel a bit awkward having to basically drive to work on a weekend but hey, at least I know how to get here. Im sitting at 6th and Orcas right now lol. So for me that locale is perfect :)

Nov 7, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #42 of 569
not sure if i can read the date and location on first page.  perhaps a little bigger might help 
basshead.gif

Nov 7, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #43 of 569
You like that BIG DADDY? Linus here yet?

Quote:
not sure if i can read the date and location on first page.  perhaps a little bigger might help 
basshead.gif

Nov 7, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #44 of 569
That's right...you might need bigger font to make up for the sleep deprivation after the little one arrives.

Count me in.  We'll see what my rig is like by then.  Thinking of getting a new computer-based transport, but not sure when that'll happen.

Nov 7, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #45 of 569
Neat! I'm building two Objective 2 amps right now which have front panels made by FPE... it'll be interesting to see their facilities assuming I can make this meet.

If I can come I'll bring a Schiit Lyr running Amperex orange globe, Holland made 6DJ8s; LCD-2 Rev. 2; HRT Music Streamer II; and of course the O2 amp for grins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back