SEATTLE MEET @ FRONT PANEL EXPRESS 1/21/2012
Nov 15, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #76 of 569
OK Guys, any thoughts on the After Meet? If I need to reserve a place would rather do it early. The Aftermeet's have been spectacular. The last minute stuff has been tough like last time at Pyramid. Great Aftermeet, but it was tough scrambling if an event is in town that same weekend. Just something to be aware of.

Nov 15, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #77 of 569
Do you have to bring something? I'm a little new to hi-fi, don't have much yet, looking to get some thunderpants though

Nov 15, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #78 of 569
Just bring your ears! We have all kinds of stuff going on. There are a lot of regulars and MOT's to answer your questions.

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #80 of 569
I would say it is family friendly but there is very expensive equipment so the little ones should probably be told look dont touch. I brought my 7 month baby boy to the last meet but I was very careful to not let him touch anything. Its like anything else, just be careful with other peoples stuff. If you have little ones old enough to listen to headphones they would be more than welcome to try all of my gear with a little parental supervision. Its a pretty loose atmosphere and very friendly. The aftermeets seem to be held in drinking establishments though.

Nov 15, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #81 of 569

Quote:
OK Guys, any thoughts on the After Meet? If I need to reserve a place would rather do it early. The Aftermeet's have been spectacular. The last minute stuff has been tough like last time at Pyramid. Great Aftermeet, but it was tough scrambling if an event is in town that same weekend. Just something to be aware of.

Good idea.  I'm not familiar with the area, so I don't have any thoughts.  Someplace with tasty adult beverages though.

Quote:
Do you have to bring something? I'm a little new to hi-fi, don't have much yet, looking to get some thunderpants though

It's always fun to bring stuff that you have, especially if it's something that we already don't have represented.  I wouldn't sweat it too much though.  Like Big Poppa said, it's a great place to listen to stuff and get some great opinions.

Nov 15, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #82 of 569

Quote:

It's always fun to bring stuff that you have, especially if it's something that we already don't have represented.  I wouldn't sweat it too much though.  Like Big Poppa said, it's a great place to listen to stuff and get some great opinions.

I'm fairly certain there's nothing I can bring to the party, hahaha, like I said I'm a little green, only have some M50's, and my tastes are quickly exceeding my budget, I'm dying to try some Thunderpants or LCD-2's or better yet 3's. My only problem is I want some new cans a couple months before the meet, and I don't think I have the will power to wait that long and really get a good idea of what I want. 

I see dark days ahead for my wallet, dark days

Nov 15, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #83 of 569

I recommend waiting if you can. I wasn't even in the market for new phones until I heard Thunderpants at the PDX meet early this year.
Quote:
I'm fairly certain there's nothing I can bring to the party, hahaha, like I said I'm a little green, only have some M50's, and my tastes are quickly exceeding my budget, I'm dying to try some Thunderpants or LCD-2's or better yet 3's. My only problem is I want some new cans a couple months before the meet, and I don't think I have the will power to wait that long and really get a good idea of what I want. 

I see dark days ahead for my wallet, dark days

Nov 15, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #84 of 569

Quote:
I recommend waiting if you can. I wasn't even in the market for new phones until I heard Thunderpants at the PDX meet early this year.

Well my issue is I want Thunderpants ultimately, but as a starving student I probably shouldn't be dropping that on phones right now. So I thought I might get the D2000's and maybe a markl mod, I'd have a much easier time waiting if I knew when more Thunderpants would be available, I've seen this same situation a thousand times with the knife forums. I really don't know man, and what amp/dac do I get? I need something that'll work great for both, Ibasso D2+Boa maybe?

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #85 of 569

Quote:

How about Umi's for some Sushi, sake and beer. Parking is a b*tch tho they have happy hour in the back from 4-8pm, that makes it even better. Don't know if they would take reservations for that tho.

Nov 15, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #86 of 569

Quote:
How about Umi's for some Sushi, sake and beer. Parking is a b*tch tho they have happy hour in the back from 4-8pm, that makes it even better. Don't know if they would take reservations for that tho.

I love sushi.

Nov 15, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #88 of 569

Quote:
What about Salumi?

You are getting plain mean now!!!! LOL. They are only open like 11-2 Monday to Friday. And there is no bar or parking. Pyramid was OK. Had Parking. Bush Garden in the ID is awesome if you can get there. A dive Asian restaurant with a cheap bar. If there is a sporting event we're screwed. Just a few thoughts.

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #89 of 569

Quote:
Well my issue is I want Thunderpants ultimately, but as a starving student I probably shouldn't be dropping that on phones right now. So I thought I might get the D2000's and maybe a markl mod, I'd have a much easier time waiting if I knew when more Thunderpants would be available, I've seen this same situation a thousand times with the knife forums. I really don't know man, and what amp/dac do I get? I need something that'll work great for both, Ibasso D2+Boa maybe?

FMF,

I have a pair of TPs that might do a Full Nelson on your carotids if I have no luck in getting them to further seduce me via the speaker taps on one of my vintage receivers...we will see how long you can resist the tempation....indeed, there are dark days ahead for your wallet, esp if you get bit hard with the LCD-3s or HE-600,
tongue.gif

If you are serious about TPs, what kind of amp are you planning to drive it with?  They don't take too kindly to wimpy ones....

BTW, looking forward to making your acquaintance...

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #90 of 569

FMF,

I have a pair of TPs that might do a Full Nelson on your carotids if I have no luck in getting them to further seduce me via the speaker taps on one of my vintage receivers...we will see how long you can resist the tempation....indeed, there are dark days ahead for your wallet, esp if you get bit hard with the LCD-3s or HE-600, 
tongue.gif

If you are serious about TPs, what kind of amp are you planning to drive it with?  They don't take too kindly to wimpy ones....

BTW, looking forward to making your acquaintance...

I'm getting worried about the LCD-3's, it's like crack, just one look and you're jonesin' for a serious fix. As far as amps I really have no idea, I'm fairly new to the world of hi-fi. Would anything portable work? 

If I repeat my knife buying experience with audio.... I'll be selling myself on the street within a month. I spent something like $1200 in two months on knives alone. 

Definitely looking forward to meeting you as well buddy, I know it's a ways off, but I'll be the guy with a jewfro and tiedye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back