Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Dec 12, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #6,151 of 12,195
The only way to resolve this, since measurements appear not to show any differences, is to have a get together with 2 Yggdrasil's in a double blind listening session.

upload_2017-12-12_22-15-31.jpeg
fry-aaargh.gif
DoubleBlind.jpg

Dec 12, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #6,152 of 12,195
To those who can detect a difference a fuse makes best of luck with your music listening *enjoyment*. A correctly working/designed fuse merely conducts electricity until a specified voltage/current at which point it "blows". Try detecting a "difference" in a blind test and if you can I suppose "sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own".

Dec 12, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #6,155 of 12,195
To those who can detect a difference a fuse makes best of luck with your music listening *enjoyment*. A correctly working/designed fuse merely conducts electricity until a specified voltage/current at which point it "blows". Try detecting a "difference" in a blind test and if you can I suppose "sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own".
I guess you put any old cheap gas in your car, too. It runs. So, its OK?

Now allow others who can enjoy something you (at this time) can not, to enjoy what you can not..

That's not easy to do.. Is it?

Sadly.. Human nature destroys beauty where its to be found, if its not found by the one destroying it.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #6,156 of 12,195
The special fuse admirers, see this post on how something can sound very good even when not in the chain: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sch...bable-start-up.701900/page-1824#post-13909137

There is a proverb.... "Hunger makes for the best sauce." If he was away from listening... getting back to it can have an effect that his endorphins allowed for a nicer experience. But, that's in that case. I am drummer. Many drummers can not tune well. Why? They all can have the same drums.

Dec 12, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #6,157 of 12,195
Why?

Can't some people ask themselves? What is it that I am not doing right that causes me to not benefit like these folks do?

Maybe they would learn something and in the end... have a better experience if they kept an open mind and asked questions about what others have that enables such an experience?

Instead, they attack what they do not understand... and, in doing so, actually deprive themselves from learning, while they desire to deprive others of what they feel they are being deprived of.

In this one small corner in the universe. what is going on here is an example as to why we can never have world peace. Jealousy...denial///attack...closed mind. Attack...(ad infinitum)

I hate to deprive others of something I discovered to benefit. But, they almost beg to leave them in their misery so they can enjoy the attack. They love conflict and destroying.

Sometimes I wish they would just blow a fuse.. and cease. The anonymity the internet gives some, allows them to be vicious when offended.

There can be no peace unless you secure it for yourself. This thread and others like it, prove that to be true. Its why we have wars... within our own family.

Dec 12, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #6,159 of 12,195
..... Now allow others who can enjoy something you (at this time) can not, to enjoy what you can not..

That's not easy to do.. Is it?....

Who stated you're not allowed?

Dec 12, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #6,161 of 12,195
Who stated you're not allowed?

Oh I see.... You must be the guy that after everyone laughed, said he did not get the joke and wanted everyone to explain it to him... and still did not get it.

Dec 12, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #6,163 of 12,195
Oh I see.... You must be the guy that after everyone laughed, said he did not get the joke and wanted everyone to explain it to him... and still did not get it.

What about the people like me that get the joke, don't laugh, suffer through it being explained to me, and still don't think it's funny?

Dec 12, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #6,164 of 12,195
Did you ask them because you already mentioned you thought it was a good idea and I thought you might have followed through?
It is a good idea..... But, you should have seen the fight I got into with tech help when I suggested the Yggy could benefit from an audiophile fuse. They are not open about certain things. Fuses are one of them...

Dec 12, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #6,165 of 12,195
What about the people like me that get the joke, don't laugh, suffer through it being explained to me, and still don't think it's funny?

Maybe you should be the one telling jokes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back