Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Apr 22, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #12,181 of 12,283
I hope @Kristofa saw my post. Shorting the Yggy output SE channels can destroy the output stages, unless Jason previewed this potential disaster and added short protection.
Yep! I saw your post this morning and before I went exploring the outputs on my Yggdrasil. Thanks to you and @gefski for the heads up warning. Cheers!

Apr 22, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #12,182 of 12,283
This is the first time I am hearing this. Where did you hear about this issue? Any more details about it?

Would be interested in seeing this email if your willing to share it.

I have used my Yggy with both SE and XLR, with either both into my BHSE or with XLR into BHSE and SE into Taboo MKIII, with no issues that I could note. I have also run just one output at a time with no change in sonic performance that I could hear. I had the Yggy updated to A2 with no changes to sonic performance that related to running SE and XLR at the same time, that I could hear... YMMV and all that.

I also spoke to Jason and Mike at an event when considering the Yggy about the time when it was first introduced (listened to a prototype unit) and they did not mention any issues with running SE and XLR simultaneously. There were other issues we discussed that were being addressed or work on. They were upfront about the issues and explained the proto nature of the unit. With an, it ain't perfect but it works well enough to get peoples feedback attitude. The issues were packaging/build related and some fine tuning that they were considering. Been too long, so I do not remember the exact issues.
I am trying to find the email. If I'm not mistaken, the response was very generic as well. I believe customer service only said "to prevent from damaging the Yggy" but they didn't say how the Yggy could be damaged.

Apr 22, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #12,183 of 12,283
I am trying to find the email. If I'm not mistaken, the response was very generic as well. I believe customer service only said "to prevent from damaging the Yggy" but they didn't say how the Yggy could be damaged.
I have never had a problem with this. I have XLR out from Yggy+ A2/OG to a Burson 3XGT and SE out a Douk pre-amp which then goes SE out, also into the 3XGT. I have changed Yggy+ outputs with both the direct-to-3XGT and pre-amp connections all ‘live’ with no problem whatsoever. I never had an A1 unit so I don’t know if it’s a problem on those units.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #12,185 of 12,283
Haven't had any trouble with my GS2 with two amps plugged in. Occasionally with my Bifrost 2 OG, something funky will happen when using two amps where it will stop audio output all together, but it is solved with a quick power cycle. This also never happens in daily use, and only really when I'm A/Bing 2 amps quickly, no biggie.

Apr 22, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #12,186 of 12,283
I think it might have been an error from the customer service department because I have an OG A2. At the time I only had one amp connected and was curious as to whether or not connecting multiple amps and having them powered on at the same time would negatively impact the Yggy. They told me that it might and that they recommend me keeping one device powered off while the other one is playing.

It seems like the general consensus is that this is not an issue.

Apr 24, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #12,189 of 12,283
Come to Papi!

image_2024-04-23_230952906.png

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #12,190 of 12,283
Come to Papi!

image_2024-04-23_230952906.png
Lol. Grats ! I hope you enjoy the A2, and good job having fun with hobby.

I picked up my used A2 OG usb5 about 2 months ago and it is satisfying a lot of my expectations. My previous dac died last summer so I was enjoying the modi 3 I had on hand, but that 9 months ago too long for a proper comparison. I hope to have a chance to compare the Yggy with a Weiss 204 and a T+A unit, both at home and on the other systems in the next few months. I will post thoughts and impressions at that time.

/W

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #12,191 of 12,283
Lol. Grats ! I hope you enjoy the A2, and good job having fun with hobby.

I picked up my used A2 OG usb5 about 2 months ago and it is satisfying a lot of my expectations. My previous dac died last summer so I was enjoying the modi 3 I had on hand, but that 9 months ago too long for a proper comparison. I hope to have a chance to compare the Yggy with a Weiss 204 and a T+A unit, both at home and on the other systems in the next few months. I will post thoughts and impressions at that time.

/W
Appreciate it man. I've been making big moves in the last few months. Really really enjoy my OG1 Yggdrasil but I have been wanting the A2 OG for a very long time and couldnt pass that one up since I actually had the money on hand.
Passed the OG1 on to a longtime member here so getting to spread around the Yggy love.
I feel like this one I snagged was a damn good one since it's so new and only has a couple years of use on her.
Cheers.

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #12,194 of 12,283
One black Yggy+ OG in the closeout section of Schiit, again possibly the last chance to grab it!
Oh, wow, a super rare score indeed. Wonder where that came from.

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #12,195 of 12,283
Wow A2s with unison keep popping up for good prices, another for $1625 in the marketplace right now.

I really wish I could demo an A2 to compare to the A1 in my GS2. The GS1 is such a great DAC but FOMO and nervosa getting to me with this one 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back