Schiit we'd like to see
Apr 3, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #46 of 429

1) Limited Editions (Black Valhalla I'd love to swap mine for being an example)

As much as I like silver (to go with my white smartphone and dock I use as a music server) I almost threw money at one of those accidental black chassis versions. I hope they keep the silver knobs - the black chassis highlights them (some might see that as "sticking out like a sore thumb").

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #47 of 429
How about a PYST US made power cable for the Asgard 2/Lyr?

Make sure it's a thick as a boa constrictor. The thicker it is, the better the sound!

By my calculations it should improve sound by 42%.

Actually, I'm a bit weird and just like to buy US made products even if it costs more. I'm not against chinese products or anything..
Of course you'll get weirdos claiming it's snake oil when you might only charge a $10-$20 premium.

I'm surprised there's so few (cheaper) cables made in the USA. Belden and a few others..

Apr 3, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #48 of 429

Actually, I'm a bit weird and just like to buy US made products even if it costs more. I'm not against chinese products or anything..
Of course you'll get weirdos claiming it's snake oil when you might only charge a $10-$20 premium.

I'm surprised there's so few (cheaper) cables made in the USA. Belden and a few others..

$20 is basically a little over the cost in quality parts for a single DIY-er (hospital-grade plugs are roughly $10), so if that can be produced in enough quantities and sold near that price point, what one is paying for would be convenience of not building that cable. It'll be worth it just for the aesthetics and the tougher plug; no need for snake oil here.

What's the one that was raided by the FBI? IIRC stamping "Made in the USA" is illegal if the cables are actually from somewhere else and all they do in the factory there is to add the plugs then pack individually.

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #49 of 429
Even though there are the three camps out there for power conditioning. A matching power conditioner would look nice under each amp model.

Some buy conditioners because it's just kind of an insurance that your doing all you can for the best sound.

Some folks don't think it's even possible to get a sonic improvement resulting from clean power.

Some crazies believe the top 50% is resulting from line filters or power regenerating. :xf_eek:

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #51 of 429
I know this is Head-Fi, but I'd be interested in seeing the Schiit take on speaker amps beyond Ragnarok. There would be more complexity beyond driving different kinds of loads: rather than being physically tethered to a headphone amp, people generally listen to speakers from the couch, and having a remote for volume is almost a necessity. It would also be nice to switch on the system from the couch, maybe that means 12V triggers between the components? I wonder whether adding remotes and triggers would violate the Schiit focus on simplicity and just the audio.

I've been thinking about adding a Bifrost to my speaker setup in the future; it would be great if turning on my integrated amp would turn on the Bifrost as well, and if the Bifrost remembered what the previous input selection was.

Whatever Schiit's working on, sounds like 2014 is going to be interesting!

Apr 5, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #52 of 429
«1-10 list»

None of these will happen, I don't think. They are all against Schiit's principles, especially the customization and combination units. Portable amps are probably the most likely out of a list I expect to never see made.

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #54 of 429
Removed:D

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #55 of 429
Throwing my hat in the ring for a Modi+ as well. Specifically I'd like to see something of similar price/quality with a coax (or optical) input instead of USB. I know the Bifrost has coax but it has more capability than I need (and so, a little pricier than I can justify buying). Don't know if it's possible or not. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Apr 6, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #56 of 429
I wouldn't really expect a Lyr with a gain switch; would eat into Valhalla sales i think.

Apr 7, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #57 of 429
1. Headphone stands.
2. Start making speakers again, but small this time.
3. Phono preamp.

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #59 of 429

^ would love to see a portable amp from them too. Something that has enough power to drive my Q701 and HD-650.

I've found that most of my portable amps can drive the HD-650 easily, but not so much the Q701...
Also, it doesn't really need to be so small so that it has to fit in a pocket.

I certainly don't want a clone of the sound of an O2/Magni in a portable form. A TINY touch of warmth is OK. About similar to what you'd find in an E17 or Wolfson based DAC (I didn't like the E10 though).

PLEASE though...don't make the portable amp silver only! At least give us a black option for an additional price. Actually it's not that big of a deal.

A Modi 2 or something might be good. I can't afford a Bifrost and something around the $200 price range might be nice. Probably best to not call it the Modi 2. I really like the AKM DAC chip in the Modi.
I really don't know how you could improve on the Modi as it is and keep it cheap enough. I wish they had a cheaper DAC that was AC powered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back