Schiit we'd like to see
Mar 29, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #31 of 429

A balanced Lyr, using four 6DJ8 tubes in a "Mojo-sized" enclosure would be the schiit. 

Would also love to see a phono stage!

popcorn.gif

Or a Mjolnir with tubes.....

Mar 29, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #33 of 429
Portable Headphone Amplifier

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #34 of 429
SET headphone amp.

Mar 30, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #36 of 429
How about an upgrade/modification option for those scientists not satisfied with the midrange or less costly products.  Or maybe a customer loyalty discount for future endeavours...???

Mar 30, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #37 of 429
I want them to make an amp that's equally good with hundreds of headphones!
That means an HD-650, Q701, T1, Skullcrusher, HD-800, He-5000. No IEMS of course.
It can be done if you're a genius!

It's not the O2, Magni or whatever else.

Maybe i'm nuts, but these so called "transparent" amps don't do the job well enough.

Hmm, maybe they already have this amp. Please don't say Asgard or Magni.

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #38 of 429
  I want them to make an amp that's equally good with hundreds of headphones!
That means an HD-650, Q701, T1, Skullcrusher, HD-800, He-5000. No IEMS of course.
It can be done if you're a genius!

It's not the O2, Magni or whatever else.

Maybe i'm nuts, but these so called "transparent" amps don't do the job well enough.

Hmm, maybe they already have this amp. Please don't say Asgard or Magni.

RAGNAROK?
biggrin.gif

Just announced by Schiit.

Ragnarok is a 100wpc (into 4 ohms) amp and Yggdrasil is a bitperfect dac. Both have balanced XLR outputs.

From the preliminary spec sheet:

RAGNAROK:

"Ragnarok is the world’s first universal amplifier, fully capable of powering everything from ultra-sensitive IEMs to loudspeakers. With 100WPC RMS into 4 ohms, 3 selectable gains, a relay-switched stepped attenuator volume control, and Crossfet™ circlotron-style output topology, Ragnarok befits its name—in Norse legend, Ragnarok was the “end of the world.”

Power Output: 100W into 4 ohms, 60W into 8 ohms, 15W into 32 ohms, 9.6W into 50 ohms, 1.6W into 300 ohms, 800mW into 600 ohms
Inputs: 2 balanced, 3 single-ended stereo inputs
Outputs: speaker terminals, 4-pin balanced XLR headphone, TRS unbalanced headphone, balanced and unbalanced preamp outs
Gain: selectable gain of 20, 7, or 1
Volume: (64) 1.25dB steps via relay-switched stepped attenuator
Topology: Fully discrete Crossfet™ circlotron-style stage with no caps in the signal path and no DC servos, all solid state
Management: microprocessor control of quiescent current and DC levels, with monitoring of all fault conditions
Power Supply: 400VA transformer with 4 separate circlotron output rails, over 100,000uF filter capacitance total
Size & Weight: 16 x 12 x 3.875”, 30 lbs
Estimated Price & Availability: $1400-1600, late 2013"

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #39 of 429
Great input, everyone, and thank you for sharing. Seriously.

And, in at least some cases, you're going to be pretty thrilled by what's coming. This is going to be a big year for product intros. I've counted four ideas in this thread that are already in the works. As well as a few of our own.

Now, back to getting Ragnarok ready to order...

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 2, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #40 of 429
Ooooh my poor wallet..
Seriously, very good news !
Yeah, I vote for a magni 2 (a magni with some musicality and finesse) and a modi 2. :laughing:

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #41 of 429
I like antikryst's idea of a solid state sitting in between Asgard 2 and Mjolnir. Even more I'd be excited about a $500-ish dac/amp combo. And, gain switch on any amp.

It's because I'm in the hunt now for an upgrade from my modi and magni for my he500. I want the solid state asgard (I have iems) but the power of the lyr. The only one available that looks nice (to me at least) is the Burson conductor which costs 1.8k! For that money I could step up to other schiits but that would mean balanced only.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Apr 3, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #42 of 429
Hmm i wonder what 4 ideas :)

Next week I get to order my Mjolnir cant wait. 

Not sure what I would like to see from Schiit but I am sure they are doing a great job of thinking of things to take my money for!!!

Apr 3, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #43 of 429
+1 on the Modi+.
One thing I would like to see is bluetooth audio streaming. It may not be the world's greatest audio format, but then I could use my phone to store my music.
Another feature I would like to see is a mic input on the dac. At work, I make a lot of Skype calls and I have my audio out through my Modi/Magni stack, but the microphone still goes though another device and I would like to simplify that.

Apr 3, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #44 of 429
5. Limited edition units. Colors, timed release schedules, prototypes, custom engraved units. Ones with upgraded bits preinstalled such as RCA sockets, headphone jacks, internally OCC wired etc. Some sort of custom service shop? Make buying the amps cool, introduce a new service element towards something ordinarily purchased online with a credit card.
6. Headphone stands. 
8. A Youtube channel that has some more information for people who can't digest the written word as readily plus shopping tips for the product line. Could have contests and giveaways as well as highlighting how the amps work and why they're so good.
9. Portable amps (BIG TIME) and portable DAC's. Also a transportable product line or something that helps the schiit magni/modi stack either get smaller and more integrated, or hell just rubberband them together. I do bring my stuff to my friend's houses, coffeeshop, etc.. The Schiit stuff gets left behind in favor of an all-in-one anytime I leave the home.

Not to steal ideas, buuuut...

I would definitely buy into limited runs. I know that Schiit doesn't offer options because it keeps the costs down, but since they sell direct, maybe they can say "the next shipment of Asgards will be purple" and fill up most of the shipment with preorders, reducing the risks associated with such options. By the way, the Black Valhalla is absolutely gorgeous...

A Youtube channel would probably be a great addition, too. I get the feeling that Jason loves to talk about this stuff, and he could make his own commercials for free! (You know, minus the hours spent filiming, editing, rendering, and uploading.)

+1 to portable amps (and I have a suspicion that one of "the four").

In case it wasn't clear already, I love the aestetic of Schiit products, and I think Schiit stands and accessories would look great.

But I think the biggest thing I would like to see from Schiit is headphones and speakers. Again, the current products have great aestetics. I don't know how much more difficult it would be (and it would probably cost an arm and a leg), but it could be a perfect pairing.

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #45 of 429
My Guess on the 4:

1) Limited Editions (Black Valhalla I'd love to swap mine for being an example)
2) Stands 
3) Tube DAC
4) Gain Switch on new Amps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back