Schiit we'd like to see
Aug 29, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #181 of 429
  Pass-through RCA on Magni/Vali to be used with powered speakers/speaker amp. 

THIS THIS THIS....reason why I haven't bought magni/vali yet and Asgard 2 is out of my budget.
cool.gif

Sep 9, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #184 of 429
  For cables that are just the right length and shape to connect the stacked Modi & Magni I would pay far more than they're worth.

Here => http://schiit.com/products/pyst-cables

Sep 23, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #186 of 429
A robinette type box. Most people already have a speaker amp that they could use for headphones.

Sep 23, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #187 of 429
Passive preamp with XLR in/out.   

Sep 23, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #188 of 429

THIS THIS THIS....reason why I haven't bought magni/vali yet and Asgard 2 is out of my budget.
cool.gif

You can get the Sys along with two of these http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021803&p_id=663&seq=1&format=2

I hook up the two RCA splitters to the Modi, and have cables going to the Sys which controls the powered speakers, and one going to the Magni

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #189 of 429
  A robinette type box. Most people already have a speaker amp that they could use for headphones.

It's called an L-pad. There are a ton of schematics online on how to build one, and the design hasn't changed in decades.

Quite frankly, skip all the fanciness of the robinette box because there are still design flaws in there that will blow up unwary users.

If you're going to make a box, go from 4-pin to 4-pin, that's it. Anything that tries to go down to 3 pin is just asking for trouble and not something that any commercial company should be producing.

Oct 6, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #190 of 429
Oct 7, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #192 of 429
Next month if things go right.

Oct 8, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #194 of 429
I want a usb to toslink/spdif converter please! I'd love to use my optical modi with my computer, which has no optical out, just usb hubs. I've tried off brand converters, not satisfied with the quality.
I'd be curious if this were possible powering via USB. If so, it would be a nice way to add "USB" connectivity to an optical DAC.

But if not, they'd be headed in the Wyrd Optical direction (USB decrapifier and USB-to-Optical converter). The only issue there is whether or not the market can justify such a product. Maybe? A USB Gen 2 installation sets you back $150. If a Wyrd Optical is less than that, then it sounds like a nice upgrade for a Bifrost/Gungnir with the only downside being the AC requirement.

Keep in mind, though, that the quality of USB audio is going to limit the quality of the output. I'm fairly confident that Optical > Output will sound better than USB > Optical > Output. The latter will--at best--be as good as the USB signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back