Schiit we'd like to see
Jul 12, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #151 of 429
Streamer is a Cocktail Audio X10 has optical, CD has Coax, that sorts that out then, so my collection of cheap Schiit will be limited to Loki, Oh well, not sure I should really ask this next question, however, how important do you think the RCA between Loki and Bifrost are going to be, As I am running MITs from Bifrost to Amp, and that was not cheap Schiit, but I want maintain some balance in the system.

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #153 of 429
  I suspect there are others of us who desire multiple USB inputs, just like we did SPDIF back in the day.

Except optical/coax can be switched/disconnected on the fly with no blips. A usb connection doesn't work that way. Could it be implemented somehow? Yeah probably... but it's going to cause connection issues with your sources. It would be less problematic to get a couple outboard usb/spdif (or whatever format) converters for those extra computer sources.

Streamer is a Cocktail Audio X10 has optical, CD has Coax, that sorts that out then, so my collection of cheap Schiit will be limited to Loki, Oh well, not sure I should really ask this next question, however, how important do you think the RCA between Loki and Bifrost are going to be, As I am running MITs from Bifrost to Amp, and that was not cheap Schiit, but I want maintain some balance in the system.

Just order a set of their PYST cables and be done with it.

Jul 13, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #155 of 429

Except optical/coax can be switched/disconnected on the fly with no blips. A usb connection doesn't work that way. Could it be implemented somehow? Yeah probably... but it's going to cause connection issues with your sources. It would be less problematic to get a couple outboard usb/spdif (or whatever format) converters for those extra computer sources.

We had similar debates with HDMI way back when people wanted manual switches and Y cables. Slowly we got upto full matrix switch capability if we wanted it, comparatively cheeaply in some cases. So designing a USB 'switcher' could be possible if there was a market. I certainly have multiple sources and multiple outputs running in more than one area of the house, however with one exception they run through common DACs. The exception is where I am running a ODAC vs Modi to compare two cheap USB DACs for just this reason. At their prices it is an good alternative to USB to SPDIF converters.

Jul 13, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #156 of 429
If the DSD experiment is good and it works well then I can use the Loki DAC on the one of the sources either the Streamer or the PC and the Bifrost on the other as dedicated DACs for each source. the AMP has 2 channels so I can plug 2 sources in at the same time and switch on the integrated Amp (Mistral Tube preamp and MOSFET power amp ) thanks for the idea this might be the best way extract the best sound quality. 

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #157 of 429
Just Plugged in the Loki and converted about 12 tracks to DSD and I amazed at how good it is, however, it is limited in its functionality. here is the wish list, a remote control that allows switching between the Loki and PCM pass through and a bigger box so it looks more substantial. the communication and tunefulness and fun are outstanding. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #158 of 429
I'd like a Vali 2 with a little more soundstage and a selectable gain to remove the background noise with my momentum :wink:

Aug 12, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #159 of 429
come to the conclusion that i require a High SQ DAC that does DSD and PCM in a very integrated way with volume control and remote, with 2 x RCA, 2 x XLR outputs so I can connect more than one amp, multiply USB inputs, coaxial and optical. don't want a lot do I
size]
 so Jason if you are reading I am prepared to pay as little as possible for such a beast 
size]
.  currently the Bifrost Uber is running out of inputs and outputs for me as I have 2 amps and at least 4 sources (2xUSB and 2 x Optical). Oh and finally I want it about the same width as a the Bifrost but it can be deeper and thicker about the size of the PS Audio Nuwave DAC and aesthetically pleasing too

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #160 of 429
come to the conclusion that i require a High SQ DAC that does DSD and PCM in a very integrated way with volume control and remote, with 2 x RCA, 2 x XLR outputs so I can connect more than one amp, multiply USB inputs, coaxial and optical. don't want a lot do I:ksc75smile:  so Jason if you are reading I am prepared to pay as little as possible for such a beast 
normal_smile%20.gif
.  currently the Bifrost Uber is running out of inputs and outputs for me as I have 2 amps and at least 4 sources (2xUSB and 2 x Optical). Oh and finally I want it about the same width as a the Bifrost but it can be deeper and thicker about the size of the PS Audio Nuwave DAC and aesthetically pleasing too
Come on, aamer23...

You forgot about the color options.

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #161 of 429
yep, you are correct here's the colour requirement, Fostex TH 900 Red Gloss with the Schiits logo in matte black or may be in gold as long as the finish was tested to make sure it enhanced the SQ 
atsmile.gif

Aug 12, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #163 of 429
I really, really want a small 2 channel amp in an Asgard 2 size chassis. Only like 20-50 WPC, single unbalanced input, maybe an output, nice binding posts, with just an on button on the back. No other controls.

I'd also like to see a stacking system for the little Modi sized Schiits. Something similar to a hard drive rack, where you can just slide them into place. Have them in varying sizes, up to 4 or 5 bays. It would make my little tower a lot more stable and attractive.

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #164 of 429
I'd like to see the USB Modi come with a power brick like with the optical version.  USB power is problematic and should be limited to portable DAC/AMPS only. Paying an extra $100 for the Wyrd seems silly.  It should be included.

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #165 of 429
from what understand the wyrd schiit is only needed if you have noise on the usb not really going to improve SQ as per schiit themselves. also the schiit way of working is only pay for what you need as modular as it can be. therefore the schiit remains affordable and scaleable over period of time. i love this approach. feeding the upgraditis when one can afford it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back