Schiit Valhalla 2 impressions
Nov 22, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #241 of 306
Anyone notice the Valhalla 2 is now on "Last Call" on Schiit's site? I hope that means a V3 is imminent.

1700666146612.png
The Valhalla 2 has sure had a great run! 👍

Nov 22, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #243 of 306
That has to be Schiit's longest running current product without an update. The V2 seems like it's been around since the inception of Schiit. I briefly had one and loved it with my Atticus and HD65.
What a run this HEADPHONE amp has had!! I promised myself no more HEADPHONE gear after I purchased my DNA Starlett, otherwise I would snag a Valhalla 2. 😊

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #244 of 306
What a run this HEADPHONE amp has had!!
there are some in the new section "Last Call" at the upper left of the Products tab. It took me a few glances to realize that section is new! I am so used to seeing Magni+ in the upper left of the screen. I only realized it when I was looking at the new Magni Unity, and thought why does the website show $79 but the Schiit Happens announcement shows $119. Then I realized that first listing was not the new Magni.

1700667253645.png

Nov 22, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #246 of 306
Anyone notice the Valhalla 2 is now on "Last Call" on Schiit's site? I hope that means a V3 is imminent.

The Valhalla 2 has sure had a great run! 👍

That has to be Schiit's longest running current product without an update. The V2 seems like it's been around since the inception of Schiit. I briefly had one and loved it with my Atticus and HD650.

Very interesting. The thing it the VH2 has been around so long because Jason has said multiple times that he really cant improve on the VH2 without basically completely overhauling the amp, making it bigger, more expensive and maybe even going away from the pure OTA tube amp setup which at that point is it even still a Valhalla.

It will be interesting to see what he has up his sleeve with this one.

Nov 22, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #247 of 306
Very interesting. The thing it the VH2 has been around so long because Jason has said multiple times that he really cant improve on the VH2 without basically completely overhauling the amp, making it bigger, more expensive and maybe even going away from the pure OTA tube amp setup which at that point is it even still a Valhalla.

It will be interesting to see what he has up his sleeve with this one.
I am excited to see what he's got in store for the V3. The one thing I hope for is a bit more euphonic tuning. The V2 even with tube rolls was still fairly neutral to me. Compared to amps like the Bottlehead Crack, Tuba, and WA3, it sounded almost solid state-like in comparison.

Nov 22, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #248 of 306
Love my Vahalla 2. A lot of headphone amps have come and gone but on my high impedance headphones, which my three pairs are, the Vahalla 2 rules. The affordable JJ 6922 tubes are dynamic and the Amperex orange globes add lush tubey sound. Still want to get a pair of Genelex Gold Lion tubes. I really like the 12ax7 they make.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #249 of 306
Nov 22, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #250 of 306
I am excited to see what he's got in store for the V3. The one thing I hope for is a bit more euphonic tuning. The V2 even with tube rolls was still fairly neutral to me. Compared to amps like the Bottlehead Crack, Tuba, and WA3, it sounded almost solid state-like in comparison.
The Hagerman Audio Labs Tuba is supposed to be a great sounding headphone amplifier. I have Jim's first headphone amplifier, the Castanet, and it's a gem!

Nov 22, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #251 of 306
The Hagerman Audio Labs Tuba is supposed to be a great sounding headphone amplifier. I have Jim's first headphone amplifier, the Castanet, and it's a gem!
I love the Tuba, it's killer. I recently did some comparisons to it and the LTA MZ2 and came away preferring the Tuba with my main high Z headphones. The Tuba/Atrium Closed and Atticus combos are spectacular IMO. I forget how good it is sometimes, stupid me.

Dec 25, 2023 at 12:46 AM Post #253 of 306
Hey All!

So this seems to be a recently active Valhalla 2 thread, so I figured I would ask a few things here.

So, at my house I have a Modi | Loki | Vali stack and love it and don't really see any need to upgrade. It helps that it fits well on my computer desk, and honestly it drives everything I have at low volume, I'm rarely above 11oclock.

Now, my "listening nook" at our cabin is what's in question. It is currently running a Bluetooth receiver to a Lokius and then a ZDT Jr., and the situation is that I think I enjoy the Schiit stack at the house better.... Don't get me wrong, the ZDT Jr is an awesome amp, I am just thinking I personally prefer the sound of he Vali.

I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has heard the Vali 2++, Valhalla and ZDT Jr. that could provide some feedback. Specifically comparing Vali 2++ to Valhalla 2.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #254 of 306
Hey All!

So this seems to be a recently active Valhalla 2 thread, so I figured I would ask a few things here.

So, at my house I have a Modi | Loki | Vali stack and love it and don't really see any need to upgrade. It helps that it fits well on my computer desk, and honestly it drives everything I have at low volume, I'm rarely above 11oclock.

Now, my "listening nook" at our cabin is what's in question. It is currently running a Bluetooth receiver to a Lokius and then a ZDT Jr., and the situation is that I think I enjoy the Schiit stack at the house better.... Don't get me wrong, the ZDT Jr is an awesome amp, I am just thinking I personally prefer the sound of he Vali.

I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has heard the Vali 2++, Valhalla and ZDT Jr. that could provide some feedback. Specifically comparing Vali 2++ to Valhalla 2.
I have the Vali 2 ++ and the Valhalla 2. In my experience, when using stock tubes that come with your purchase, the Valhalla is superior by a noticeable margin. However, when you put the W396a in the Vali 2++ it is equal to, or even in some situations ,even better than the Vallhalla 2. There are many great tubes for both units, so apples to apples comparisons are difficult. IMHO, YMMV :beerchug:

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #255 of 306
Hey All!

What about the Vali making you prefer it to the Jr? Why don’t you put the Bottlehead Crack in your list? Tks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back