Schiit Valhalla 2 impressions
Apr 27, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #227 of 306
Yes, no one is saying that there is no difference. I was just pointing out that this difference should be within the boundaries of how that specific amp circuit is built and so withing that specific amp sound signature.
It is a great amp, stock, but can be improved with tube rolling. It is not going to compete with $1K to $2K tube amps, but it is a Really nice amp for the price, if you like the sound. I am really surprised how many tube amps I have gone through, while looking over and past this one.

May 3, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #228 of 306
New toys for my toy! :smile:

IMG_20230503_154323950_HDR~2.jpg

May 30, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #229 of 306
Shameful plug: I have a Valhalla 2 and a Lyr 2 for sale in EU, both low hours, like-new.

May 30, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #230 of 306
Shameful plug: I have a Valhalla 2 and a Lyr 2 for sale in EU, both low hours, like-new.
Why are all advert plugs ‘shameful’? F### that attitude !!🤣 Be proud of your sale item !! If you cannot be so, a possible buyer might not be so: ergo no buyer !! 🤷🏻‍♂️😲.

May 31, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #231 of 306
Back into my Valhalla 2 this week. I also got some new-to-me tubes. I really do like this amp. My Little Dot MK9 is tubier, but this amp sounds cleaner and crisper. But still different from the Violectric or iFi.
My Grado GH2's sound amazing and I am curious about the Hemps.

I think that maybe going forward I am a four amp kind of guy. :smile:

May 31, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #232 of 306
Back into my Valhalla 2 this week. I also got some new-to-me tubes. I really do like this amp. My Little Dot MK9 is tubier, but this amp sounds cleaner and crisper. But still different from the Violectric or iFi.
My Grado GH2's sound amazing and I am curious about the Hemps.

I think that maybe going forward I am a four amp*** kind of guy. :smile:
*** The archetypal quad would be: 1 solid-state, 1 hybrid SS/tube, 1 tube OTC, 1 tube OTL 👍🙂 …. t-h-e-n, there is a backup (different / same) for each …. 😲🤣🤣.

May 31, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #233 of 306
*** The archetypal quad would be: 1 solid-state, 1 hybrid SS/tube, 1 tube OTC, 1 tube OTL 👍🙂 …. t-h-e-n, there is a backup (different / same) for each …. 😲🤣🤣.
So, the go-to collection is the SS/HYB/OTL/OCL? I have reached the pinnacle!

So now I should slow down the buying? That sounds completely sensible!

May 31, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #234 of 306
So, the go-to collection is the SS/HYB/OTL/OCL? I have reached the pinnacle!

So now I should slow down the buying? That sounds completely sensible!
… ‘slow down’ ☑️, ‘stop’ 🚫 … backup h/p/a beckon you … 😏 🎼 💸

Sep 1, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #237 of 306
does the clear mg sound good with a schiit valhalla 2?
Well, that is a subjective question. I have the clear OG and it sounds VERY good with the Valhalla2. I would guess the mg is no exception. But as always, remember that YMMV depending on your tube choices...... Huge differences with different tubes.

Leo

Sep 1, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #238 of 306
Well, that is a subjective question. I have the clear OG and it sounds VERY good with the Valhalla2. I would guess the mg is no exception. But as always, remember that YMMV depending on your tube choices...... Huge differences with different tubes.

Leo
Same with me! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back