Schiit Questions
Dec 27, 2018 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Hicamajig

New Head-Fier
Currently looking for a new stack as my desktop one both has major interference and has started pushing my headphone jack out of itself making for a great excuse to get some new gear. I currently have a pair of Sennheiser HD 598 SRs which I have heard are very easy to power but might be picking up a second pair of higher end headphones in a few months (still on the fence as to which).

I am currently interested in Schiit and so was wondering what would be my best option from their offerings? Was looking at Modi 3 vs multibit and am unsure if the difference is worth the cost as it seems like the topic is pretty divided. From here I was looking at Magni vs Vali but the crowd again seems mixed as Vali seems to have a share of haters. Aside from these are there any other steps up worth the upgrade? Does a matching preamp add much? Should I just go for the traditional MM stack and keep it simple for the Schiit family and then later on collect alts from other companies?

Dec 29, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 4
Nothing wrong with buying a pile (stack) of Schiit.
But you might want to hold off until you figure out what new headphones you would get.
You might buy a headphone with high impedance (Ohm) and decide to get a tube head amp.

What are you looking for in a new headphone?
Does it matter if it's open or closed?

Dec 29, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #3 of 4
Nothing wrong with buying a pile (stack) of Schiit.
But you might want to hold off until you figure out what new headphones you would get.
You might buy a headphone with high impedance (Ohm) and decide to get a tube head amp.

What are you looking for in a new headphone?
Does it matter if it's open or closed?

I haven't decided what I'm looking for exactly yet since the budget is still up in the air a bit. I am thinking I might try out a non Sennheiser brand like maybe Audio Technica or AKG and they will probably be open since I only use them at home in my room.

Dec 29, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back