Schiit Owners Unite
May 17, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #2,131 of 13,350
Quote:
Finally got Modi+Asgard2 today, those two covered some 7000 miles in 5 days and still seem to be in one piece
biggrin.gif
Can't wait to try them out tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif

you're gonna really enjoy it!!!

May 17, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #2,132 of 13,350
Over the past month and 1/2 I picked up a Bifrost (upgraded now), Lyr, Modi, and Magni. I also bought an Asgard 1 a while back. Very happy with all of my Schiit gear although after hours troubleshooting I still have a ground loop issue with my Bifrost and any amp I use with it. (I have to use a HumX isolator, not great but just throw money at it huh?) It's the only piece of audio gear in my house that is problematic. At least cheating eliminates the issue.

I received Modi and Magni today. They are perfectly quiet when all connected up (Magni walwart, laptop walwart, etc..) No buzzing, hissing, ground loops, etc..I nearly Schiit my pants when pumping FLAC through Foobar (WASAPI) to my Grado PS500 with them.....wow, talk about bang for buck delivery to the phone. Really makes my E17 look cheap. The aesthetics of these units are killer too.....so cool. Thanks for producing these beauties Schiit......well done!

May 17, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #2,133 of 13,350
Ive owned my Schiit Lyr and AKG 702s for quite a while, hooked up directly to the stock headphone jack on the mobo of my PC.  It was noisy, but hey I planned on buying a DAC whenever I got around to it.  Almost 2 years later I got my income tax check in the mail, felt pretty good, and decided to get myself a Bifrost to reward my efforts.  Holy Schiit what an improvement!  I kind of had an idea of what the sound lacked in my previous Bifrost-free configuration, and the Bifrost completely fixed those issues of mine.  The sound stage completely opened up, the highs cleared/brightened considerably, the mids are smoother, more bold, and more clear, and there is finally a bit of low end.  Everything is just much more clear and full, which almost feels like a contradiction, but it just goes to show how much of an improvement in sound the DAC made.  I was almost getting to like my Westone 4s in my mobile rig more than the AKG 702s, but now that the 702s livened up more than I expected with this upgrade I think they are my reclaimed favorite.

May 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #2,135 of 13,350
Over the past month and 1/2 I picked up a Bifrost (upgraded now), Lyr, Modi, and Magni. I also bought an Asgard 1 a while back. Very happy with all of my Schiit gear although after hours troubleshooting I still have a ground loop issue with my Bifrost and any amp I use with it. (I have to use a HumX isolator, not great but just throw money at it huh?) It's the only piece of audio gear in my house that is problematic. At least cheating eliminates the issue.

I received Modi and Magni today. They are perfectly quiet when all connected up (Magni walwart, laptop walwart, etc..) No buzzing, hissing, ground loops, etc..I nearly Schiit my pants when pumping FLAC through Foobar (WASAPI) to my Grado PS500 with them.....wow, talk about bang for buck delivery to the phone. Really makes my E17 look cheap. The aesthetics of these units are killer too.....so cool. Thanks for producing these beauties Schiit......well done!

Looks like you are the right person to ask. :xf_eek:

Have you paired the Asgard to both the Modi and E17? If yes, what are your impressions of each pairing? I'm on the fence about getting the Modi as I already have the e17>asgard as my work setup. Thanks in advance for any input you can give. :)

May 17, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #2,136 of 13,350
Quote:
Looks like you are the right person to ask.
redface.gif

Have you paired the Asgard to both the Modi and E17? If yes, what are your impressions of each pairing? I'm on the fence about getting the Modi as I already have the e17>asgard as my work setup. Thanks in advance for any input you can give.
smily_headphones1.gif

I have the Modi and E17. As a DAC? No contest the Modi wins hands down. Better clarity, detail retrieval, and top to down extension, etc, etc.

Now.. as a transportable all in one amp/dac combo to use at Starbucks? E17 wins.

May 17, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #2,137 of 13,350
Just wanted to chime in as I'm now a full Schiit.  I'm running the Magni/Modi stack with my Dt880 600ohms and couldn't be happier.  I been playing around with several dac/amp combos prior such as the Audinst MX1 dac/amp, Audinst MX1 dac + O2 amp, Aune T1 dac/amp, Aune T1 + Magni.  Even with the highly regarded Amperex orange globe tube for the T1, I always struggled with the slight harshness of the DT880's.  I was originally a bit worried going full magni/modi, as I heard some people mentioning this combo to be slightly bright, but to my surprise it, it hit the sweet spot for me.  My DT880s now sing, with no sibilance, more bass presence, and great soundstage.

Magni Modi for the win!!!

May 18, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #2,138 of 13,350
Quote:
Just wanted to chime in as I'm now a full Schiit.  I'm running the Magni/Modi stack with my Dt880 600ohms and couldn't be happier.  I been playing around with several dac/amp combos prior such as the Audinst MX1 dac/amp, Audinst MX1 dac + O2 amp, Aune T1 dac/amp, Aune T1 + Magni.  Even with the highly regarded Amperex orange globe tube for the T1, I always struggled with the slight harshness of the DT880's.  I was originally a bit worried going full magni/modi, as I heard some people mentioning this combo to be slightly bright, but to my surprise it, it hit the sweet spot for me.  My DT880s now sing, with no sibilance, more bass presence, and great soundstage.

Magni Modi for the win!!!

thats great to hear Gary. I am in the market for DT990's and i run Modi/A2 so im happy your schiit stack makes the dt880s shine

May 22, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #2,139 of 13,350
How long does the Asgard 2 usually ships, it have been 4-5 days since my bro in USA ordered the A2 for me and he said the status is still not shipped. He will fly back to Thailand this weekend, so if I doesnt deliver on time it will be disaster. 
eek.gif

May 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #2,142 of 13,350
Hello Peeps! I ordered the Shiit Magni a couple of days ago and I'll be hooking it up to my Titanium HD sound card on my pc. Since my sound card has rca outputs, I'll be using rca cables, so I looked through an old box of old cables that I had and found some RCA cables. My question is which of these two cables is a better choice for me to use: Monster RCA cables or Acoustic Research RCA cables? Thanks!!!

May 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #2,143 of 13,350
Hello Peeps! I ordered the Shiit Magni a couple of days ago and I'll be hooking it up to my Titanium HD sound card on my pc. Since my sound card has rca outputs, I'll be using rca cables, so I looked through an old box of old cables that I had and found some RCA cables. My question is which of these two cables is a better choice for me to use: Monster RCA cables or Acoustic Research RCA cables? Thanks!!!

I personally dislike both of those brands.

May 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #2,144 of 13,350
Quote:
I personally dislike both of those brands.

Yeah...I know but that's what I have for know.
frown.gif
  I'll be saving up so I can get some Blue Jean Cables or some other not so expensive but decent cables.

May 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #2,145 of 13,350
Quote:

Unless you actually get static or other interference on the line, both are fine and will likely sound the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back