Schiit Owners Unite
Feb 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #1,457 of 13,350
I'm willing to be a whole lot of them go out on Monday.  Jason said he was giving them an extended burn in for testing purposes.  I bet they assemble as many as they can this weekend, box them up, and then ship them out on Monday.  Remember, they have a lot of backorders to fill and probably need to keep their distributors happy as well.  All new orders will go out after they honor those previous commitments. 

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #1,458 of 13,350
Could anyone using a BiFrost using USB w/ latest driver help confirm this for me?

Is it not possible to control the volume using the universal windows volume control in the bottom right? For some reason, if  I go in to the mixer option, I am able control individual volume levels on a per application basis but not the overall windows volume, its very weird. I am running windows 7 64.

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #1,459 of 13,350
Quote:
Could anyone using a BiFrost using USB w/ latest driver help confirm this for me?

Is it not possible to control the volume using the universal windows volume control in the bottom right? For some reason, if  I go in to the mixer option, I am able control individual volume levels on a per application basis but not the overall windows volume, its very weird. I am running windows 7 64.

It's working for me. And pretty sure I'm using the current driver.

How's your volume control set? If you right click on it, and select "Volume control options,"  you can select it to control either "All devices currently playing sound" or "The default communication device." Mine is set to control all devices currently playing sound.

se

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #1,460 of 13,350
Quote:

It's working for me. And pretty sure I'm using the current driver.

How's your volume control set? If you right click on it, and select "Volume control options,"  you can select it to control either "All devices currently playing sound" or "The default communication device." Mine is set to control all devices currently playing sound.

se

Mine is on "All devices currently playing sound". I can literally adjust the volume all the way up to the bottom, all the way down to the bottom, mute etc. and nothing happens. However, if I right click it and then go into the mixer option and control the volume of individual applications (browser, windows system sounds, etc) then it works just fine. 
blink.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #1,461 of 13,350
Weird. What's your source? I tried it with iTunes and WinAmp. However Audacity only outputs through my laptop's speakers, no output on USB. Probably some setting in Audacity I need to change.

Wish I had an answer for you.

se

Feb 16, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #1,462 of 13,350
Using USB as source, just tried it on a windows 8 64bit and have same problem. I really don't have any clue what the problem is, the visual sound indicator moves when audio is being played but the slider does nothing.

-edit what amp are you using? I'm using a Lyr.

-edit

Just noticed yours says "USB 2.0 True High Speed Audio", mines says "2- Schiit USB interface"

Are you using the drivers from schiit.com/drivers/?

Feb 16, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #1,463 of 13,350
You should just reinstall the drives and see what fix that yields.

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #1,466 of 13,350
Well, I got a reponse from Jason and he told me "Yes, our drivers disable Windows volume for bitperfect output. You should be able to adjust volume in your player, like Foobar or Jriver." 

So I guess it is normal then.

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #1,467 of 13,350
I've got an issue with my schiit asgard/bifrost usb set up that i haven't seen addressed. My HP Elitebook runs USB 2.0 and 3.0. When I try connecting to USB 3.0 I get a ton of static and interference. I was under the impression that USB 3.0 was backwards compatible so I'm not sure why this occurs.

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #1,468 of 13,350
Eww, don't tell me that lol. I do have usb 2... Thankfully

I've got an issue with my schiit asgard/bifrost usb set up that i haven't seen addressed. My HP Elitebook runs USB 2.0 and 3.0. When I try connecting to USB 3.0 I get a ton of static and interference. I was under the impression that USB 3.0 was backwards compatible so I'm not sure why this occurs.

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #1,469 of 13,350
Quote:

Is the bifrost set up for 3.0? If not it may be an issue of recieving too much voltage, as 3.0 uses double from 2.0 to my knowledge. 

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #1,470 of 13,350
Quote:

There are definite specifications for usb2 and usb3, the bifrost was built to 2.0 specs and you probably don't want to hear this but you should only use the 2.0 ports.

I realise that I didn't give you a exact reason as to why 3.0 port elicits the noise on the Bifrost but I'm sure that the problem lies with the way the 3.0 controller handles power assignment and concurrent communications. Perhaps in the future, there'll be a driver update from Schiit for 3.0 issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back