Schiit Owners Unite
Jan 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #1,126 of 13,350
Schiit's practice is to charge (authorize) your card upon order placement-but if they do not ship within 3 days they release or credit back that charge until they actually ship....

When they are ready to ship they will re authorize/charge your card--

jack

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #1,127 of 13,350
Just a question regarding a bifrost+lyr setup. Is it safe to leave them on all the time? (Whenever my computer is running) Would it be OK to use them for everything I do on my computer and not just high fidelity music? (youtube, movies, games)

Thanks and please let me know.

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #1,128 of 13,350
Quote:
Just a question regarding a bifrost+lyr setup. Is it safe to leave them on all the time? (Whenever my computer is running) Would it be OK to use them for everything I do on my computer and not just high fidelity music? (youtube, movies, games)

Thanks and please let me know.

Sure, that's what I do with my Bifrost and Asgard.

Know that tubes do have a finite lifespan though, so they're going to eventually need to be replaced (is going to happen either way, but that will cause it to happen sooner).

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #1,129 of 13,350
Quote:

Sure, that's what I do with my Bifrost and Asgard.

Know that tubes do have a finite lifespan though, so they're going to eventually need to be replaced (is going to happen either way, but that will cause it to happen sooner).

Yeah, I know about that. How often would I have to replace them if I used the lyr for daily usage?

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #1,132 of 13,350
Quote:
Wow, that is still a very long time.

Oh yeah, it's not like they're going to be dying on you monthly, it's just something to keep in mind 
size]

And unrelated to that, but I actually just sold all my Schiit 
size]

Gonna be using my new portable amp (UHA-6S MkII) for now and maybe put the money towards either a better home setup or speakers...we will see.

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #1,133 of 13,350
Oh yeah, it's not like they're going to be dying on you monthly, it's just something to keep in mind 
size]

And unrelated to that, but I actually just sold all my Schiit 
size]

Gonna be using my new portable amp (UHA-6S MkII) for now and maybe put the money towards either a better home setup or speakers...we will see.

No way, are you keeping the lcd2s

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #1,135 of 13,350
I economized and made some changes today.
Had my 2nd Lyr hanging around waiting for the Gungnir.
"Thought, wait, this is too much."

Cancelled the Gungnir
Returned the 2nd Lyr
Ordered a set of the new little M&M for the 2nd system.

My replacement DacMagic Plus arrives today for the room system.
I'll either
A) Keep it.
B) Replace with another Bifrost
C) ?

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #1,136 of 13,350
Hi, I'm in my second evening with a new Bifrost+Lyr+HE500... Couldn't be happier!  It's been a short path from first decent headphones driven directly from my iPhone to this, but I have a hard time thinking I'll need anything else for a long time.  :wink:

-K

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #1,137 of 13,350
Jan 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #1,138 of 13,350
Quote:

Ha!  Thanks for the warning!

I have spent some time there.  Actually I purchased the Lyr with the GE tubes and the 6N1Ps.  I had the 6N1Ps in for a brief time while troubleshooting a ground loop hum before I had the backordered Bifrost and other than that I've had the GE tubes in.  I'm completely happy with the sound with the GE tubes and am enjoying music like before wife, kids and subsequent volume restrictions.

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #1,139 of 13,350
Quote:
Hi, I'm in my second evening with a new Bifrost+Lyr+HE500... Couldn't be happier!  It's been a short path from first decent headphones driven directly from my iPhone to this, but I have a hard time thinking I'll need anything else for a long time.  :wink:

-K

congrats! that should shoo away the upgrade bug for a while. :)

Jan 26, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #1,140 of 13,350
what exactly does the tube do to make you know that it is reached its whatever thousand hours of life expectancy?>

if it is indeed 100% the claimed hours,it wouldbe at least a year or too.. but i have had my lyr for a good year, a lot of listening, but certainly not a regular 10 hours a day every day...some days it is 16 hours a day,some zero for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back