Schiit Owners Unite
Dec 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #886 of 13,350
Nice. Enjoying a very tasty Stone IPA here in the desert southwest...

Desert Southwest? Here I am in Seattle, in darkness from Nov to March. But listening to Giant Giant Sand helps. Looks like I accidentally started a brew thread.

Dec 29, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #890 of 13,350
I visited a friend today to test whether the humming is present there. There were no changes. But we noticed that it made almost no difference whether the left RCA cable was connected to the Asgard or not. I had to put volume quite loud to hear a tiny sound from the left side through the humming.

So. The humming is on the left side even when no RCA is connected. When connected, a very low volume for the left side and perfectly normal on the right side. It just seems that the stuff that deals with the left channel on Asgard is dead. It can get only a tiny amount of volume like there is a minimal contact with whatever connects it to the left RCA slot.

Also when the headphone is connected half way to the Asgard, both sides get the right sides' sound. I don't know if this means anything.

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #896 of 13,350
Quote:
I visited a friend today to test whether the humming is present there. There were no changes. But we noticed that it made almost no difference whether the left RCA cable was connected to the Asgard or not. I had to put volume quite loud to hear a tiny sound from the left side through the humming.

So. The humming is on the left side even when no RCA is connected. When connected, a very low volume for the left side and perfectly normal on the right side. It just seems that the stuff that deals with the left channel on Asgard is dead. It can get only a tiny amount of volume like there is a minimal contact with whatever connects it to the left RCA slot.

Also when the headphone is connected half way to the Asgard, both sides get the right sides' sound. I don't know if this means anything.

I'm bummed that your unit is defective.
Any noise is too much noise.  I kept hoping it would be something else.

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #897 of 13,350
Dec 29, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #898 of 13,350
Quote:
Really wouldn't want to send it back as it costs somewhere around 50 euros to get it back from Europe. Then maybe wait another two months to get it back. But that just may be the only option.

Before worrying about it get in touch with Schiit, I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #900 of 13,350
Quote:
As you link him the thread...
tongue.gif

oops.  My bad.  
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back