Schiit Owners Unite
Dec 15, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #811 of 13,350
Quote:
The Mjolnir is the best amp I've heard with the LCD3s & HP1000s. Even better than the mighty ECBA.
For HD800s, the Valhalla was excellent but not as good as the ECBA. So it's gone.
Lyr was also nice with the LCDs but the Mjolnir is just terrific.

IME, Schiit does come up with new products which are significantly better than their predecessors.
Waiting for their STATEMENT SCHIIT... 

This is very high praise indeed. Makes me want to pick up a Mjolnir just for the LCD-3.

I'm waiting for the statement amps too, and hopefully those will be another good step up from the Mjolnir for the LCD-3.

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #812 of 13,350
Quote:
I have question to Vahalla owner and Lyr owner.  Which amp is good with hd800?

Hi,
There is a huge Lyr thread that might help you:

Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread

It's over 300 pages.
Go there at you own risk as it might cost you $1000's in vintage tubes.
The hobby within a hobby.

As you may know the Lyr is a hybrid amp with SS power and 6922 tubes for the pre amp.  I'm a big fanboy.
I have Audeze LCD2's and Senn HD650.  they're like butter.  The Audeze has a Huge Voice with this amp.
I like the SS/Tube combination.  It's the best of both worlds.

The Valhalla is pure tube.  It might be a bit softer and I am actually considering one for my wife's kit.
But I have not seen the following on Head-Fi that the Lyr has and you've got 4 tubes as opposed to 2 tubes.
(1 pair as drivers, 1 pair as pre-amp)

I own, and am selling, a pure tube amp for a room speaker system.  Very smooth.
Bottom line, you'll enjoy the Lyr.

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #813 of 13,350
Quote:
I have question to Vahalla owner and Lyr owner.  Which amp is good with hd800?

For HD800s, my vote would go to Valhalla.

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #820 of 13,350
You mean the mjolnir? Or am I missing something here.

Sorry I meant SE not balanced. I have no desire for balanced. The SA-31 has more power than the Mjonir and its not even balanced.

Dec 16, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #822 of 13,350
Does anyone know if the headphones are affected in any way if you leave them plugged when turning off the Lyr?

The muting relay is there specifically so you can leave them plugged in while turning it on and off. However, there's never any harm in unplugging it first if it makes you feel better (I do with my Asgard even though it has the same relay setup).

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #823 of 13,350
Quote:
Does anyone know if the headphones are affected in any way if you leave them plugged when turning off the Lyr?

Have had the Asgard and Lyr for  while now. I leave my sets on them most of the time before turning on|off. No adverse effects.

In saying that, I concur with other posters. Unplug them if it makes you feel more comfortable. That's what's most important, that you have peace of mind. :) 

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #824 of 13,350
Quote:
Have had the Asgard and Lyr for  while now. I leave my sets on them most of the time before turning on|off. No adverse effects.

In saying that, I concur with other posters. Unplug them if it makes you feel more comfortable. That's what's most important, that you have peace of mind. :) 

I worry about wearing out the headphone jack...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back