Schiit Owners Unite
Dec 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #797 of 13,350
This is the list so far..
• GE 6BZ7[size=medium]
• Amperex 6DJ8 / ECC88 - A-Frame, PQ label[size=medium][/size]
• Matsu****a E88CC 6922 Japan - MINT NOS NIB Mullard Tooling[/size]
[size=medium] • Mullard CV2492 E88CC 6922 - 1969-1978 Dimple Disc Getter  [/size]
[size=medium] plus an incoming pair of Amperex Orange Globe[/size]
[size=medium] That's it, I'm done until I can really spend some time with all of them and decide which I like best.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] Had the Lorenz Stuttgart but sold them to fund my Bifrost.. silly me 
blink.gif
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] I definitely don't have a golden ear.. for now, prefer the GE's but really haven't spent much time with the others.  Right now I'm listening with the Senn HD700 but have plans on getting the HiFiMAN HE-500's. [/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] On another note, just pulled the trigger on the Mangi.. for $99, it's worth a try.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]

Quote:
May I ask what were those 5 sets of tubes?

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #798 of 13,350
Quote:
This is the list so far..
• GE 6BZ7[size=medium]
• Amperex 6DJ8 / ECC88 - A-Frame, PQ label[size=medium][/size]
• Matsu****a E88CC 6922 Japan - MINT NOS NIB Mullard Tooling[/size]
[size=medium] • Mullard CV2492 E88CC 6922 - 1969-1978 Dimple Disc Getter  [/size]
[size=medium] plus an incoming pair of Amperex Orange Globe[/size]
[size=medium] That's it, I'm done until I can really spend some time with all of them and decide which I like best.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] Had the Lorenz Stuttgart but sold them to fund my Bifrost.. silly me 
blink.gif
[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] I definitely don't have a golden ear.. for now, prefer the GE's but really haven't spent much time with the others.  Right now I'm listening with the Senn HD700 but have plans on getting the HiFiMAN HE-500's. [/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] On another note, just pulled the trigger on the Mangi.. for $99, it's worth a try.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]

that's quite a collection you got there!  I guess I pushing away the tube because the cost...
wink.gif

I'm happy with my asgard...thank you for share your collection.

gs1000.gif

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #801 of 13,350
Sweet.. looking forward to your unboxing and impressions.  Given the way USPS is, I should see mine (in Canada) in about 2 weeks or so.  
I sent my Lyr in to get the relay switch added, it shipped back on Dec 5 and I'm still waiting for it.
Quote:
can I play in the pool if I recently bought the $99 amp?  Should arrive tomorrow so stay tuned for unboxing.

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #802 of 13,350
Quote:
Sweet.. looking forward to your unboxing and impressions.  Given the way USPS is, I should see mine (in Canada) in about 2 weeks or so.  
I sent my Lyr in to get the relay switch added, it shipped back on Dec 5 and I'm still waiting for it.

damn, two weeks is a long time.  Sorry bro!

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #803 of 13,350
Been without the Lyr for over a month now.  There are worse things in life but I'm looking forward to getting it back.  Been using my AudioQuest DragonFly and AudioEngine D1 in the interim.  Just not the same.  Looking forward to pairing the DragonFly with the Mangi.
Quote:

damn, two weeks is a long time.  Sorry bro!

Dec 14, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #804 of 13,350
Quote:
Tubes are an expensive hobby. I became a SS guy due to an over-emphasized sense of self-preservation.
wink.gif

That is so true.
Stupid money.

Looking forward to hearing impression of the micro kit.
I hate cords so I like the USB Power feature.
I might get a kit for my wife.

Dec 14, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #805 of 13,350
Stupid money indeed. I'm still waiting for that phone call from the lawyer of the long-lost rich uncle I never knew I had. Being independently wealthy would make my life soooooo much easier.

Dec 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #806 of 13,350
I don't have anything profound to say, but got to get in on this Schiit.  I love my Asgard/Bifrost Combo, and there is a Mjolnir with my name on it in the mail.  Next on the list is the Gungnir, but it is a ways off.  In the meantime the two tiny Schiits look like a fun, and the Modi may have to be my laptop to Mjolnir bridge until I win the lottery, or get my tax return!  Anyhow, I seem to be acquiring quite the pile of Schiit and couldn't be happier!  Cheers fellow fanboys!!!

Dec 15, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #807 of 13,350
Quote:
I don't have anything profound to say, but got to get in on this Schiit.  I love my Asgard/Bifrost Combo, and there is a Mjolnir with my name on it in the mail.  Next on the list is the Gungnir, but it is a ways off.  In the meantime the two tiny Schiits look like a fun, and the Modi may have to be my laptop to Mjolnir bridge until I win the lottery, or get my tax return!  Anyhow, I seem to be acquiring quite the pile of Schiit and couldn't be happier!  Cheers fellow fanboys!!!

well then you may be the original collector given if schiit got written into history. and the schiit stack may become big $$ in the distant future loulz/

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #808 of 13,350
SUBSCRIBED.

The Mjolnir is the best amp I've heard with the LCD3s & HP1000s. Even better than the mighty ECBA.
For HD800s, the Valhalla was excellent but not as good as the ECBA. So it's gone.
Lyr was also nice with the LCDs but the Mjolnir is just terrific.

IME, Schiit does come up with new products which are significantly better than their predecessors.
Waiting for their STATEMENT SCHIIT... 

Dec 15, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #809 of 13,350
The only statement I want from Schiit is a pure SS amp with the power of the Lyr or more... like my SA-31, but with a volume knob, and Schiit aesthetics...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back