Schiit Owners Unite
Nov 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #766 of 13,350
Quote:
buying tube can be very expensive...
confused.gif

I know is like an addiction... but I hopefully stoped! after buying 7-8 pairs LOL... But now I know which tubes I like!   Which tube do you like more?

Quote:
I truly agree.
The Amprex sound so sweet to me, I don't want to try anything else.  Simply exquisite.

The Amprex NOS USA are on their way.   Expensive, yes too.  I'm done ... for a while.

I only have the orange globe... but what about the buggle boy? how do they sound?  already got the USA ones?  Thanks!

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #767 of 13,350
Quote:

I know is like an addiction... but I hopefully stoped! after buying 7-8 pairs LOL... But now I know which tubes I like!   Which tube do you like more?

I only have the orange globe... but what about the buggle boy? how do they sound?  already got the USA ones?  Thanks!

I'm totally new on this.  I have no idea with tube model,  i just know Amprex an tangsul? LOL 
wink_face.gif
  I need to research before I get into deeper level...LOL  Which one I like? sound to me Amprex boggle boy...sweet sound?  maybe I can't be wrong.

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #768 of 13,350
Quote:
I'm totally new on this.  I have no idea with tube model,  i just know Amprex an tangsul? LOL 
wink_face.gif
  I need to research before I get into deeper level...LOL  Which one I like? sound to me Amprex boggle boy...sweet sound?  maybe I can't be wrong.

I made the offer earlier that I would loan a set of Amprex (Orange or BB's) to someone that has never tried different tubes.

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #769 of 13,350
Quote:
I made the offer earlier that I would loan a set of Amprex (Orange or BB's) to someone that has never tried different tubes.

I wasn't clear, I don't have the Lyr ----yet.  I'm interested in tube rolling stuff but I'm finding out that it get too crazy...so i'm holding out 
wink.gif

Thank you for the offer...I really like to try those bad boys out 
deadhorse.gif

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #770 of 13,350
Quote:
I wasn't clear, I don't have the Lyr ----yet.  I'm interested in tube rolling stuff but I'm finding out that it get too crazy...so i'm holding out 
wink.gif

Thank you for the offer...I really like to try those bad boys out 
deadhorse.gif

Phototristan just snagged them.

If you been to the movies lately you know that tickets are $10 and popcorn $50.  Take a date and that covers the tubes.

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #774 of 13,350
Old and new owner here. :D

I didn't love the Lyr (I'm just a full SS guy), but I have high hopes for the Modi and Magni. I love devices that hit above their price point, and I'm hopeful that they both certainly won't disappoint. Ordered both earlier this morning, so I hope they start playing sweet music next week.

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #775 of 13,350
Old and new owner here. :D
I didn't love the Lyr (I'm just a full SS guy), but I have high hopes for the Modi and Magni. I love devices that hit above their price point, and I'm hopeful that they both certainly won't disappoint. Ordered both earlier this morning, so I hope they start playing sweet music next week.

Asgard owner here, and I just did the same - ordered the Modi/Magni combo. I'm very interested in checking them out!

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #776 of 13,350
Quote:
Asgard owner here, and I just did the same - ordered the Modi/Magni combo. I'm very interested in checking them out!

But.... I won't be able to waste my money on all those tube thingies.  
eek.gif

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #778 of 13,350
I'm very happy with my Asgard/Bifrost/HD650 combo.  I feed the Bifrost from an Asus DG optical output.  I think it sounds great.  Some day I would like to try the digital coaxial output in to the Bifrost as I understand Schiit representatives claim that is the "best" quality of the three inputs (I have the Bifrost with USB as well).  Has anybody experimented with the different inputs and found any difference in sound?

I don't have any experience with other high/higher end amps/dacs, but I also have an Audioengine D1 which, for its size and price, impresses me.  I had a FiiO E17 that broke, was fixed (or was replaced by the retailer, they did not indicate which) and broke again when hooked up to speakers via L7 line out cable.  When it worked as a DAC/AMP, it seemed like a capable device. . .as a paperweight, it's quite capable but extremely expensive. 

I definitely want to to hear the HE-500 with the Asgard/Bifrost combo.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #779 of 13,350
Quote:
I'm very happy with my Asgard/Bifrost/HD650 combo.  I feed the Bifrost from an Asus DG optical output.  I think it sounds great.  Some day I would like to try the digital coaxial output in to the Bifrost as I understand Schiit representatives claim that is the "best" quality of the three inputs (I have the Bifrost with USB as well).  Has anybody experimented with the different inputs and found any difference in sound?

I don't have any experience with other high/higher end amps/dacs, but I also have an Audioengine D1 which, for its size and price, impresses me.  I had a FiiO E17 that broke, was fixed (or was replaced by the retailer, they did not indicate which) and broke again when hooked up to speakers via L7 line out cable.  When it worked as a DAC/AMP, it seemed like a capable device. . .as a paperweight, it's quite capable but extremely expensive. 

I definitely want to to hear the HE-500 with the Asgard/Bifrost combo.

I use a Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus for my room based system.
I run USB2 clocking a Mac Mini at 192kHz  Amp is Anthem AVM20 and Thiel CS 1.2 speakers.

My headphone system is a Lyr and Bifrost with Toslink Optical to a MacBook Pro retinal
The MBP clocks the Bifrost at 92kHz  Headphones are HD-650

I brought the DacMagic to the headphone system and A/B'd 
DMP using USB2 against Bifrost with Toslink.

To my ears, on cans,  I preferred the Bifrost / optical.

The music was a mix of classical / rock / blues / acoustic 
Sample Rates between 44.1kHz to 192kHz  320 MP3, FLAC/AIFF, ALAC
Software was Amarra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back