Schiit Owners Unite
Nov 16, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #706 of 13,350
I have the original Vlink, and the V192. The former is just okay, the latter is fantastic. I haven't listened to the Vlink II.

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #707 of 13,350
Question, is it safe to turn on the Lyr first and then plug in headphones? And then when I want to turn it off, unplug the headphones first?

Is this the best way to operate?

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #708 of 13,350
Quote:
Question, is it safe to turn on the Lyr first and then plug in headphones? And then when I want to turn it off, unplug the headphones first?

That's common safe practice.

Nov 17, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #709 of 13,350
Quote:

This is the recommended practice.

To be perfectly honest, however, I sometimes forget and leave my 701s plugged in during on/off, and have never heard the 'pop'/'crackle' experienced on systems without the relay.

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #710 of 13,350
Nov 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #711 of 13,350
I'm considering buying an Asgard to hook up between my cdp (Onkyo C-7030) and my hp's (HD-598 and SR-60i) using stock cables. Would I be happy with this setup or should I be considering something else? Does the Asgard compliment the HD-598's wide soundstage? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #712 of 13,350
The Asgard rivals my tube amps in terms of width, but not as much I terms of depth and micro details. I say the Asgard is easily 90% the amp my high end tube amp is. It will work very well with your headphones.

I'm considering buying an Asgard to hook up between my cdp (Onkyo C-7030) and my hp's (HD-598 and SR-60i) using stock cables. Would I be happy with this setup or should I be considering something else? Does the Asgard compliment the HD-598's wide soundstage? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Nov 17, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #713 of 13,350
I have question for ya Bifrost users.  Do you burn your bibrost?  Not Burn as burn your house..
you know what i mean 
blink.gif

Thanks

Nov 17, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #714 of 13,350
Quote:
I have question for ya Bifrost users.  Do you burn your bibrost?  Not Burn as burn your house..
you know what i mean 
blink.gif

Thanks

You mean burn in? 

That happens automatically as you use it :wink:

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #715 of 13,350
Quote:
The Asgard rivals my tube amps in terms of width, but not as much I terms of depth and micro details. I say the Asgard is easily 90% the amp my high end tube amp is. It will work very well with your headphones.

Thank you for your reply, hodgjy. It seems whenever I get close to deciding on an amp after researching on this forum some one throws negative reasoning into the mix. I have pretty much narrowed my search down to the Asgard and the Matrix M Stage at this point. You may have just sold me on the Asgard. Thanks again for your input.

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #716 of 13,350
Quote:
Thank you for your reply, hodgjy. It seems whenever I get close to deciding on an amp after researching on this forum some one throws negative reasoning into the mix. I have pretty much narrowed my search down to the Asgard and the Matrix M Stage at this point. You may have just sold me on the Asgard. Thanks again for your input.

good choice with the amp!!

Cheers!!
beerchug.gif

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #718 of 13,350

Asgard:

Love this thing. Put in onto my rig for the fans that are blowing up to help keep the asgard cool. I know it runs hot but now its basically just warm. No more none touchable Asgard!

Sound is amazing, I have been collecting a good amount of headphones and had been waiting for ages to get my asgard that was lost in the mail. Schiit was awesome! They finally just sent me a new one because FedEx was taking to long on getting back to them after a month. WORTH THE WAIT. I see the most gain(improvement in sound all around) in the following headphones in order:

HE-400
DenonD5000
Senn. HD598
MadDog Modded TP50s

cheers

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #719 of 13,350
The Bitfrost + Asgard combination has totally met my expectations. I haven't felt this way since I went from regular apple earbuds to Koss Porta Pro YEARS ago.

Just wanted to share my great experience on the combo :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back