Schiit Owners Unite
Jun 13, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #316 of 13,350
Quote:
Congrats, I hope you love them as much as I do.

HE-500's arrived today. Had a quick listen and have them on burning in. Will let them run overnight and then spend some time with them tomorrow.

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #317 of 13,350
Quote:
I really hope you consider getting into tube rolling. If you have the funds, it's a fun journey. Congrats as well!

Have already started researching! Want to listen to the stock Lyr tubes with the HE-500 for a while first, then will look to make a change.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #318 of 13,350
Quote:
X2.  What they said.  Great advice.

Thanks for the advice guys, though I ended up getting the Asgard purely because I forgot how much shipping is to Australia, which pushed the Valhalla to a little more than I wanted to spend. I just got the Asgard in the mail today though and am very happy with it so far - my headphones have never sounded so good.

Jun 19, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #319 of 13,350
hi !
want to listen to your advice guys since i get an offer for early batch asgard  (finished 5 year warranty)
the seller already send it once in early mid of 2011 to schiit since he got a buzzing problem when pair it with IEM
the question is how can i know if the asgard are already installed with relay and safe from DC Voltage issue ?
Will pair it with HD600
Thanks !

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #320 of 13,350
Quote:
hi !
want to listen to your advice guys since i get an offer for early batch asgard  (finished 5 year warranty)
the seller already send it once in early mid of 2011 to schiit since he got a buzzing problem when pair it with IEM
the question is how can i know if the asgard are already installed with relay and safe from DC Voltage issue ?
Will pair it with HD600
Thanks !

Asgard has a 20 second relay-switched delayed output and immediate relay mute on turn-off.
So if you hear it, you have it, if not, you don't. (You probably don't have it)

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #321 of 13,350
To be completely safe, ask the seller to give you the serial number, and then email Jason and ask if that particular unit has the relay installed.
Quote:
hi !
Will pair it with HD600
Thanks !

Jun 20, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #322 of 13,350
Question about my Valhalla amp. When I power down the amp after an extended listening session, the power indicator light stays lit for probably 5 minutes or so, slowly dimming (like capacitors are slowly discharging). Is this normal?

Jun 22, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #325 of 13,350
I'm new to this audiophile world and am SLOWLY learning more and more everyday. But I am just confused as hell with Schiit. I dove into the world of quality audio with my purchase of ATH-M50's. Hearing the cans for the first time was it for me. I wanted quality music. My next buy is a computer audio set up. I already have a great portable audio setup. I am looking into buying the Swan T200B active desktop speakers. But I want a dedicated DAC and headphone amp combo as well. I was thinking about the Valhalla/Bifrost combo. I am confused because I don't know if this combo will pair with desktop speakers. Can I somehow connect this combo to the speakers I'm looking at? I didn't see anyone comment about connecting any Schiit products to speakers. Another question. Can I use my computer as my source? I have lossless audio on my computer. And one last question, Is this Valhalla/Bifrost combo overkill for my headphones and Swan speakers? These are probably stupid questions but I could really use some help. Like I said, I'm new to this ****! Thanks

Jun 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #326 of 13,350
Sure, just take a splitter off the unbalanced outputs to the unbalanced input RCA on the back of the speakers.

T200b%20input%20closeup%20500.jpg

Jun 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #327 of 13,350
I have consealed the truth for 1 year and eight months.  I am a Schiitoholic, my Schiit of choice is the Lyr and Bifrost.  I'm currently in a 12 step program attempting to kick my pile of Schiit.  Wish me luck, since I feel a relapse about to happen.

Tip for Lyr owners:  Purchase a very low microphonic, closely matched pair of tubes.  Yes, the will set you back some bank, but it will reduce noise floor to vertually zero with low impedance cans.

Jun 23, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #328 of 13,350
How long have we got til the Moljnir ships? I haven't been paying too much attention as I only want to be tempted by the statement rig.

Jun 23, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #329 of 13,350
Quote:
How long have we got til the Moljnir ships? I haven't been paying too much attention as I only want to be tempted by the statement rig.

They ship out end of June. I really hope the statement rig is released before the end of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back