Schiit Owners Unite
Jun 3, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #13,066 of 13,350
Why does Schiit use unbalanced cables? I have the Magni 3 and I need RCA cables. Doesnt RCA add unwanted noise and TRS or XLR would be better?

Anyway, which RCA to RCA cable would you buy in Thomann? im making a purchase there so I would like to buy there along with the rest of stuff. I just cant find the shorter ones. This one is shortest i've found:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/cordial_c...iLCJjdXJyZW5jeSI6IjQiLCJsYW5ndWFnZSI6ImVuIn0=

Will it do??

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #13,067 of 13,350
Why does Schiit use unbalanced cables? I have the Magni 3 and I need RCA cables. Doesnt RCA add unwanted noise and TRS or XLR would be better?

Anyway, which RCA to RCA cable would you buy in Thomann? im making a purchase there so I would like to buy there along with the rest of stuff. I just cant find the shorter ones. This one is shortest i've found:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/cordial_cfu_03_cc.htm?shp=eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiZ2IiLCJjdXJyZW5jeSI6IjQiLCJsYW5ndWFnZSI6ImVuIn0=

Will it do??

Certainly. Most any RCA audio cable will work fine. I use Schiit PYST RCA myself, they are good and half the length of those you linked, 0.15m (6 inches).

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #13,069 of 13,350

https://www.thomann.de/gb/cordial_cfu_03_cc.htm?shp=eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiZ2IiLCJjdXJyZW5jeSI6IjQiLCJsYW5ndWFnZSI6ImVuIn0=

Will it do??
Because you bought an entry level amplifier, balanced means nothing

Jun 5, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #13,070 of 13,350
Hey guys,

Can someone briefly summarize the Schiit tube amp lineup?

Up and downsides of those, when choose Lyr over Valhalla and vice versa.
Do they offer something over the Mjolnir, or is it best to go for the Mjolnir if one can afford it?

Primary use case would be planars with low impedance like Arya and Empyrean (32 Ohms) or LCD-2C (70 Ohms)

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #13,073 of 13,350
My current Schiit gear:
  • (x2) EITR's
  • Modi Multibit
  • Modi 3
  • Saga
  • Loki Mini
  • Lyr 3
  • Magni 3
I'm likely going to swap the EITR-> Modi 3-> Magni 3 bedroom/budget rig out for a Modius-> Asgard 3 at some point this year (unless a better budget Schiit headphone amp is introduced before then).

Here's the stack of Schiit on my desktop...

gHey1pS.jpg

Jun 28, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #13,075 of 13,350
The Modius is really good. I've owned a Modi multibit, Modi 3, Bifrost multibit, and Bifrost 4490. I've never been a big delta sigma DAC fan but the Modius has changed my mind.
Yeah I'm super hype! I'm upgrading from having just a zendac, paired with my new hifiman anandas this is going to rock my frickin world!

Jun 28, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #13,076 of 13,350
Because you bought an entry level amplifier, balanced means nothing
In my experience balanced connections deteriorate far less over time than rca connectors, especially if they are unplugged/pulled back in with any repetition.
This isn't a huge deal for some, but after say 6 months to a year, you pull your cables out and clean them along with their mated connectors, and then listen, well you just might gain a new appreciation for using balanced connections.

Just say'n is all.

JJ

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #13,080 of 13,350
One of my offspring likes my Modi 3 so much he disappeared it into his cave. Must speak to him about that.

Has anyone compared the Modi 3 to the new Modius? I would be interested...
Personally I prefer the Modius over the Modi 3. Definitely worth the extra hundred bucks. Better bass definition, a more spacious soundstage with more breathing room between the instruments. I'm putting my Modius right up there with the Modi multibit or Bifrost multibit. Of course this is just my preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back