Schiit Owners Unite
Jan 27, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #12,751 of 13,350
I am thinking of upgrading from the Schiit Vali2 to one of the following. Valhalla2, Lyr2, Jotunheim. The reason being is that all my Sennheiser cans are 150 ohm to 600 ohm and the Vali2 is not quite doing it for the 300 & 600 ohm units.
The HD545 and HD565 sound awesome at 150 ohm. The HD580 and HD540II at 300 ohm are ok but I feel they will scale up and sound much better. The HD540 600 ohm sounds down right flat and lifeless.
I am leaning towards the Valhalla2. Is ther any compelling reason I should consider the Lyr2 or Jotunheim?
Associated gear, Modi MB, Mani, Sys.

Thanks

Jan 28, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #12,752 of 13,350
After 2 days of cooking the tube.
I say "Hooooly KCccccvvvRaPpppppp"
This schiiiiiiit is totally out of this freaking world!!!!"

"Of course, Tele e188cc is out of this world"

Anyway, schiit man I love it..

WE 396a/2c51....man I m in love..
That's all I need to say..

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #12,753 of 13,350
I am thinking of upgrading from the Schiit Vali2 to one of the following. Valhalla2, Lyr2, Jotunheim. The reason being is that all my Sennheiser cans are 150 ohm to 600 ohm and the Vali2 is not quite doing it for the 300 & 600 ohm units.
The HD545 and HD565 sound awesome at 150 ohm. The HD580 and HD540II at 300 ohm are ok but I feel they will scale up and sound much better. The HD540 600 ohm sounds down right flat and lifeless.
I am leaning towards the Valhalla2. Is ther any compelling reason I should consider the Lyr2 or Jotunheim?
Associated gear, Modi MB, Mani, Sys.

Thanks

The Valhalla 2 is not a tradition tube amp. At least the sound isnt. I use it for the HD600 and 700 primarily.

It has somewhat of a dry sound to me, but that isnt a baf thing! For the HD600, is made it a bit quicker and helped with the veil. It also increased the soundstage a little bit as well. Similarly, the HD700, while already detailed, had its mids brought out a bit more and the trebble was tamed a little. No real difference for the soundstage though.

What the Valhalla 2 does is seperates the instruments and clears out some congestion. I enjoy the HD598 Cs and MS-1 out of it, but the DT990 sounds like crap. I have heard it does not do too well with lower impedance cans, but I dont have much to complain about. Just know going in that it does not tote that traditional tube sound, but it does what it does very well. I upgraded from an original Asgard for what it was worth.

I cant comment on the higher end Schiits, however.

Feb 2, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #12,756 of 13,350
Anyone running a Gumby Multibit and Moli 2 tube combination?

Thinking it may be a good fit for my HD800 and I can always upgrade the DAC down the road.

Was also looking at the Senn HDVD800 (DAC/Amp) combo, however I like the Schitt 5 year warranty.

Feb 14, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #12,761 of 13,350
Anyone running a Gumby Multibit and Moli 2 tube combination?

Thinking it may be a good fit for my HD800 and I can always upgrade the DAC down the road.

Was also looking at the Senn HDVD800 (DAC/Amp) combo, however I like the Schitt 5 year warranty.

I've been thinking of the Gumby/Mjolnir 2 combo for my HD800S but the Mjolnir 2 hasn't been available for sale since November of last year. It's been backordered. And they've pushed back the estimated delivery dates twice. Currently it's the week of Feb. 22. I'm going to go with something else if it gets pushed back again.

I'm patient but there is a limit.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #12,762 of 13,350
I've been thinking of the Gumby/Mjolnir 2 combo for my HD800S but the Mjolnir 2 hasn't been available for sale since November of last year. It's been backordered. And they've pushed back the estimated delivery dates twice. Currently it's the week of Feb. 22. I'm going to go with something else if it gets pushed back again.

I'm patient but there is a limit.

Yes that is a long time. Did you ever email Schiit and ask about it? I own a pair of HD800S and love it with my Ragnarok. No doubt I would have been very happy with the MJ2/Gumby combo as well. I do use the Ragnarok for speakers as well.

Feb 14, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #12,763 of 13,350
Yes that is a long time. Did you ever email Schiit and ask about it? I own a pair of HD800S and love it with my Ragnarok. No doubt I would have been very happy with the MJ2/Gumby combo as well. I do use the Ragnarok for speakers as well.

No, never emailed Schiit. I recall reading a message somewhere here on Head-Fi that did contact them. The word was they were waiting for parts.

Feb 14, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #12,764 of 13,350

No, never emailed Schiit. I recall reading a message somewhere here on Head-Fi from somebody that did contact them. The word was they were waiting for parts.

Feb 14, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #12,765 of 13,350
Based off of the bifrost's serial do you guys know which ones after will have the Uber Chip or the AK4490 chip?

Also, if you upgrade to Bifrost Multibit does schiit ship you back your old ak4399 or ak4490 chip?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back