Schiit Owners Unite
Apr 3, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #12,512 of 13,350
Apr 3, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #12,513 of 13,350
  I must have lost track of a few days, is it the fifth of April already?
wink_face.gif

The British are ahead of us in so many ways...

Apr 3, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #12,514 of 13,350
Hi All, I have pushed back the magical button of the time machine and I am now back in this era, and I can tell you how wonderful the future is for proud Schiit amplifier owners :wink: OK I have rectified the typo and yes it was April 2nd, well done for spotting that.

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #12,517 of 13,350
So, the Schiit Sys, I remember people using it in reverse so it can be 1 input and two output.

So I basically want to do bifrost to asgard and bifrost to audioengine N22 speaker amp.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #12,520 of 13,350
  So, the Schiit Sys, I remember people using it in reverse so it can be 1 input and two output.

So I basically want to do bifrost to asgard and bifrost to audioengine N22 speaker amp.

I asked Schiit the same question, apparently that will work fine, you just need to have the volume control turned fully up.

Yep, it will work fine.  I use mine like that.

The electrons do not care which way they are going...

beerchug.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #12,521 of 13,350
Well what I meant was which ones become the input and which becomes output

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #12,522 of 13,350
Well what I meant was which ones become the input and which becomes output

The input becomes the one output, and the two outputs become the two inputs.

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #12,523 of 13,350
Awesome, thanks!

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #12,524 of 13,350
   I use my Valhalla 2 in the same way, as a preamp for over half the time. It really does add a fullness to the sound. If I had one request of Schiit , it would to have the preamp out active all the time, rather than be controlled by the headphone jack.  When I plug or unplug the headphones it makes a very loud noise in my speakers.

I know there have been a few suggestions for dealing with this but another (and a good general audio practice to get into) is to turn the volume all the way down before unplugging/plugging.  

Turning down before switching inputs on any amp is a great habit to get in and turning the volume down for power-up/power-down as well.  Even some of the most high-end amps can be prone to "pops" when powering up or changing inputs or you can get a significant volume change from input to input.  Either of these situations can possibly damage your speakers and headphones. Getting into good consistent habits of power-up order, input switching, etc. can save you a serious "oh schiit" moment somewhere down the road!

(my apologies for the schiit pun but I haven't used one in several years and couldn't help myself haha)

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #12,525 of 13,350
Ahem, so hooked my SYS up like you guys told me to. Awesome, it works. And so does the volume...oddly enough? I don't need it cranked all the way up for the switch to work in reverse so the volume knob still works. Just set the volume to max on the sys and then adjusted the headphone amp and my speaker up to a volume I'm max comfortable with then just the sys to adjust the volume down to a normal level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back