Schiit Owners Unite
Feb 28, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #12,496 of 13,350
Sounds like its most likely faulty. I would contact Schiit customer service. They should get back to you pretty quick.

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #12,498 of 13,350

I mean its connected to a laptop, my phone hasn't been near it yet.
Honestly none of these things should cause this type of interference, if they did then it would be a pretty poor device overall.
The only thing that I can understand causing interference is a cell phone on LTE sitting basically right on top of it, but my phone has been on the opposite side of the table so its more than a "safe distance" away.

I can put my cell phone all the way on the other side of my workbench and it still causes interference with my Ember II.  But, if I move it off the same horizontal surface, it's not a problem.  

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #12,499 of 13,350

I can put my cell phone all the way on the other side of my workbench and it still causes interference with my Ember II.  But, if I move it off the same horizontal surface, it's not a problem.  

I've never experienced such things before other than with powered speakers, and honestly newer phones have much less interference.
Back in the day your phone signals used to be analog, these days with the digital high frequency signals (1800+mhz) there is little interference.

Apr 2, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #12,502 of 13,350
I can't say enough good stuff about the Valhalla2.

Of all the devices in my possession that can serve pre-amp duties for my new powered monitors... I clearly preferred the tubed Valhalla2 by a significant margin.

It really is the most best tube based investment I have ever made.

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #12,503 of 13,350

​Since I got it, I have run my Valhalla 2 into powered Martin Logan electrostatic speakers and the sound is excellent as well. I can switch over to a solid state amp with the touch of a switch and compare the two but the Valhalla certainly adds a bit of warmth. The pre-amp out was really a good idea for my purposes anyway.

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #12,504 of 13,350
 I use my Valhalla 2 in the same way, as a preamp for over half the time. It really does add a fullness to the sound. If I had one request of Schiit , it would to have the preamp out active all the time, rather than be controlled by the headphone jack.  When I plug or unplug the headphones it makes a very loud noise in my speakers.

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #12,505 of 13,350
   I use my Valhalla 2 in the same way, as a preamp for over half the time. It really does add a fullness to the sound. If I had one request of Schiit , it would to have the preamp out active all the time, rather than be controlled by the headphone jack.  When I plug or unplug the headphones it makes a very loud noise in my speakers.

That makes sense. I have not experienced that effect much but it may just be the way I go about plugging things in and out. I have a custom switch box so I usually make changes there and the Valhalla is out of the circuit when I am swapping headphones and amps and sources.

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #12,506 of 13,350

I use a y-cable at the Valhalla input. One sig to my Valhalla, one to my subwoofer. Works a treat.

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #12,507 of 13,350

Consider letting buyers of compatible products upgrade to Chtulu in lieu of the stock wall wart. The win: less waste.

Best to ship each unit with it's own wall wart. When you are ready to upgrade one piece, it would be difficult to sell it without a wall wart.

Apr 2, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #12,508 of 13,350
Some photos of the Milton Keynes UK event Sunday 2nd April 2017

Electromod who sells Schiit amplifiers had a stand with most of Schiit's beautiful amplifiers except the Mjolnir who is currently in short supply as demands exceeds supply.

I had a chat with Mark who was very welcoming and helpful with Schiit customers who attended this venue.

Mark who is an audio engineer provided lots of helpful advice about Schiit's amplifiers and I would certainly recommend to purchase from Electromod for those buyers based in the UK.

Electromod also does Schiit product servicing which means that products that needs servicing do not need to  be returned to the US.

Apr 2, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #12,509 of 13,350
I must have lost track of a few days, is it the fifth of April already?
wink_face.gif

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #12,510 of 13,350
I'm happy but not so enthusiastic bout the valii 2 while i'm going to buy a Sys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back