Schiit Owners Unite
Jan 9, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #12,271 of 13,350
Jan 10, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #12,273 of 13,350
Ugh. All this Joti talk has me thinking of maybe getting one. :-/ Thanks guys. :wink:

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #12,274 of 13,350
Pair it up with Schiit Saga with 5692 tube between your speakers and Bifrost MB and you've got a great sounding system.

This is one of my options. Bimby to Saga to Jotunheim and Sys to speakers.

Jan 11, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #12,276 of 13,350
Out of curiosity, What are you using the Sys for? The Saga Has Multiple outputs

The way I understand it, the Saga keeps both outputs active, so the Sys would be to silence the speakers when using headphones through the amp. The Sys would be at full volume at all times, so speaker volume would be controlled by the Saga. The Sys would be acting as a switch for speakers. It is ergonomically poor to get to the back of them both to turn them off.

I am open to a better solution if anyone has one.

Jan 11, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #12,277 of 13,350
The way I understand it, the Saga keeps both outputs active, so the Sys would be to silence the speakers when using headphones through the amp. The Sys would be at full volume at all times, so speaker volume would be controlled by the Saga. The Sys would be acting as a switch for speakers. It is ergonomically poor to get to the back of them both to turn them off.

Ahh Active Monitors, Makes sense. There are other solutions but they may not necessarily be better.

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #12,278 of 13,350
I am running active monitors balanced now so the remote power outlet is best for me. If I was using RCA's I think the SYS would be a decent solution. However then the speakers would be on all the time. That doesn't work for me.

Jan 12, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #12,279 of 13,350
  I am running active monitors balanced now so the remote power outlet is best for me. If I was using RCA's I think the SYS would be a decent solution. However then the speakers would be on all the time. That doesn't work for me.

Yep. I was puzzled using the sys inline with the Sage until he mentioned Monitors, Makes sense.

For the Balanced Monitors this little thing from JBL looks pretty Slick as it will do Balanced and SE so long as you are ok with the combo jacks. The nice thing is the Mute Button.
http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/recording-broadcast/monitor-controllers/nano-patch-plus#.WHeOHn1ezis

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #12,282 of 13,350
I'm loving the combo. The only thing I can compare it to is my OPPO HA-2. Much smoother with the schiit combo. The HA-2 is very clean with the hd540s and the schiit smoothes it all out. Definitely recommend it

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #12,284 of 13,350
This is one of my options. Bimby to Saga to Jotunheim and Sys to speakers.

Out of curiosity, What are you using the Sys for? The Saga Has Multiple outputs

mwhals:

I might have written you about this setup awhile back but can't find it, so I apologize if this has been answered already.

Why don't you split the Bimby output to Saga for the speakers and Jot for the phones?  Dunno what quality of cables you have, but Blue Jeans builds good star-quad-based Canare and Mogami Y-interconnects all the time with great techniques, e.g. welded terminations.  Also, many fancy cable companies (including Cardas) will make them if you want.  Have them make the split immediately after the Bimby for best performance, but it hardly matters with star-quad cables, the conductors remain separate right until the terminations.

Or you could use good-quality RCA Y-adapters like Pangea or AQ.  In that case, definitely make the split right at the Bimby's outputs.  The goal is to avoid having potentiometers in series in the circuit: that always affects dynamics to some degree, even with the excellent pot fully maxed in the Sys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back