Schiit Owners Unite
Dec 16, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #12,211 of 13,350
  Welp I am joining the Schiit family with a few little amps, I already owned the Modi 2 Uber and Magni 2 Uber and just ordered a Valhalla 2 last night.  I owned a set of HD650 cans I can not wait to hear the valhalla with all the talk about how well it pairs with the HD650 cans. 

I asked in another thread but for people using a single DAC how do you guys recommend to split the output to different amps?

You can buy a switch, often called a line router.  

Mapletree makes a very nice one that you would never feel the need to upgrade: https://hollowstate.netfirms.com/otherproducts.htm

But I am sure you would do just fine with a mono price or something similar for much less money: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TKUAJGQ?psc=1

Dec 16, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #12,212 of 13,350
  Welp I am joining the Schiit family with a few little amps, I already owned the Modi 2 Uber and Magni 2 Uber and just ordered a Valhalla 2 last night.  I owned a set of HD650 cans I can not wait to hear the valhalla with all the talk about how well it pairs with the HD650 cans. 

I asked in another thread but for people using a single DAC how do you guys recommend to split the output to different amps?

I've had no issues with just a couple of splitters from ViaBlue at my Bifrost output.

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #12,213 of 13,350

You can simply use a cheap Monoprice Y cable for each channel. The DAC has a  low output impedance so putting two high impedance inputs in parallel will not cause any problems.
Something like the below will work just fine. Don't mind the talk about subwoofers. You can get any decent Y cable.
https://www.amazon.com/KabelDirekt-feet-RCA-Male-Subwoofer/dp/B00DI89D3Q

Dec 17, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #12,214 of 13,350
What are the chances the Jotunheim technology goes into a Mjolnir 3?

Everyone tells me to get the Jotunheim over the Mjolnir 2, so there is thought that the Mjolnir needs improved.

Dec 17, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #12,215 of 13,350
What are the chances the Jotunheim technology goes into a Mjolnir 3?

Everyone tells me to get the Jotunheim over the Mjolnir 2, so there is thought that the Mjolnir needs improved.

Jot is a great value and should be highly regarded.

These are reasons to get a Jot, if you do not want tubes or the higher power of the MJ2 or need a small foot print amp/Dac combo or need to spend $400.00 less.

All are great reasons to choose the Jot over the MJ2 that have nothing Mjolnir needing any "improvement".  The MJ2 is a great amp in its own right...

Dec 17, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #12,216 of 13,350
Jot is a great value and should be highly regarded.

These are reasons to get a Jot, if you do not want tubes or the higher power of the MJ2 or need a small foot print amp/Dac combo or need to spend $400.00 less.

All are great reasons to choose the Jot over the MJ2 that have nothing Mjolnir needing any "improvement".  It is a great amp in its own right...

The MJ2 is a fantastic amp, that compares to some more expensive hybrid tube amps. I listen to my MJ2 ( gold lions) everyday. I will switch out the Gold Lions for my Telefunken E88CC Platinum tubes, when I want to get lost in the music. I especially enjoy listening to Frank Zappa and Thelonious Monk, through the MJ2 the slight edginess found in the MJ2's mids allows rock and jazz to have more forlorn soul and grit to the music. I have used the MJ2 to drive all of my cans. Although I do prefer using the MJ2's XLR balanced out to the S.E 1/4 out.

Dec 17, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #12,217 of 13,350
The MJ2 is a fantastic amp, that compares to some more expensive hybrid tube amps. I listen to my MJ2 ( gold lions) everyday. I will switch out the Gold Lions for my Telefunken E88CC Platinum tubes, when I want to get lost in the music. I especially enjoy listening to Frank Zappa and Thelonious Monk, through the MJ2 the slight edginess found in the MJ2's mids allows rock and jazz to have more forlorn soul and grit to the music. I have used the MJ2 to drive all of my cans. Although I do prefer using the MJ2's XLR balanced out to the S.E 1/4 out.

I would sell my Lyr for a MJ2 in a minute except for my setup requires the foot print of the Lyr.  
frown.gif

Dec 18, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #12,218 of 13,350
I'm expecting my Jotunheim and HD650's tomorrow. Can't wait to test it out compared to what I've been using (Asus xonar essence stx and Sennheiser pc360 headset).

Dec 19, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #12,220 of 13,350
I'm expecting my Jotunheim and HD650's tomorrow. Can't wait to test it out compared to what I've been using (Asus xonar essence stx and Sennheiser pc360 headset).

I have that same combo. It's magical (to me). 

Dec 19, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #12,221 of 13,350
I must try the HD650 some day, apparently it punches above it's weight class!

Dec 19, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #12,222 of 13,350
Got my Valhalla 2 amp today and everything setup. I set everything up and let be amp warm up for about 5 mins before even plugging my headset in.

Problem is for me to get anywhere near where I say is decent amount of sound output I am at near 3/4 volume knob with the amp on high gain. Everything on the PC is setup correctly and volume on it is 100%. I thought this thing would have a lot more output. DAC is a modi 2 Uber. Just wanted to see if this is normal or if I am overlooking something on the amp. Before someone says my ears are damaged they are not I have great hearing I am tested yearly at my job as a requirement.

thanks everyone

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #12,223 of 13,350
Hey guys,

Looking at a DAC/amp set up for the cans in my sig.

Thinking either the Jot with DAC or going Magni Uber paired with a Modi Multibit.

Do think the balanced output on the Jot really appeals to me right now but the power it delivers seems nice.

Any advice on which way to go.

TIA

Dec 19, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #12,224 of 13,350
Hey guys,

Looking at a DAC/amp set up for the cans in my sig.

Thinking either the Jot with DAC or going Magni Uber paired with a Modi Multibit.

Do think the balanced output on the Jot really appeals to me right now but the power it delivers seems nice.

Any advice on which way to go.

TIA

I would get the Jot without the DAC card and the Modi Multibit. That is what seems to be recommended a lot.

Dec 19, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #12,225 of 13,350
Got my Valhalla 2 amp today and everything setup. I set everything up and let be amp warm up for about 5 mins before even plugging my headset in.

Problem is for me to get anywhere near where I say is decent amount of sound output I am at near 3/4 volume knob with the amp on high gain. Everything on the PC is setup correctly and volume on it is 100%. I thought this thing would have a lot more output. DAC is a modi 2 Uber. Just wanted to see if this is normal or if I am overlooking something on the amp. Before someone says my ears are damaged they are not I have great hearing I am tested yearly at my job as a requirement.

thanks everyone

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have a DT880 with my Valhalla. I have it on low gain and the volume control is usually between 10 or 11 o'clock.  Any more would be painfully loud for my ears. It's fed by an original Modi. The Beyers are 250 ohms impedance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back