Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 28, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #12,061 of 13,350
  Do you guys think that Jotunheim amp is Class AB based? I highly doubt that it can deliver 5W of power on pure Class A design without it frying?

They came up with some new Schiit for this design. I would not worry about the 5W frying the amp which might get much hotter than an Asgard 2. If one might run 5W of continuous audio output, they should be more concerned about frying their ears

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #12,062 of 13,350
I have the Valhalla2 and Bifrost DS,
What would putting the Jotunheim as a pre-amp
in the middle do? (But also listening from it as well).
Sometimes I don't like waiting to have the Valhalla2 warm up and I'm looking into Vinyl soon.
Thank you

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #12,063 of 13,350

Double amping is bad so don't put Jotunheim between DAC and Vahalla 2. It's either you get the Jotunheim as a phono preamp for Vinyl or listen to digital music with tube sound from Valhalla 2 on a headphone/speaker setup. You can also go all solid state with Jotunheim.

Aug 30, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #12,064 of 13,350
For those of you who've gotten warranty service from Schiit, how long was the turnaround time? They've had my unit for 2 weeks now and I'm wondering if that's par for the course.

Aug 30, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #12,065 of 13,350
For those of you who've gotten warranty service from Schiit, how long was the turnaround time? They've had my unit for 2 weeks now and I'm wondering if that's par for the course.

Took a couple days for the repair on my Magni 2. I would email them about the status of your repair. They are super busy with the Schiit Show and Jotunheim.

Aug 30, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #12,066 of 13,350

I recently had my Modi serviced under warranty and they turned it around in a few days. Shipping back to me took almost a week though but it works perfectly now.

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #12,068 of 13,350
Sorry if this has already been addressed but has anyone come up with a screw-on rubber feet solution, maybe one that integrates with the existing screw holes?  Specifically the Bifrost.  I wouldn't even know how to tell what type of screw it is, thread size, etc. Trying to avoid anything adhesive if possible.

Aug 31, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #12,069 of 13,350
Double amping is bad so don't put Jotunheim between DAC and Vahalla 2. It's either you get the Jotunheim as a phono preamp for Vinyl or listen to digital music with tube sound from Valhalla 2 on a headphone/speaker setup. You can also go all solid state with Jotunheim.

Thank you, I do hear noise with the Valhalla2 with my iems (I'm limited because I can't get by strong magnets) I might look into a iem that Jude listed in the Jot review. Solid state is was suggested to me acouple times before.

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #12,070 of 13,350
Thanks for the responses. Sounds like my 2-week wait is an anomaly.

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #12,071 of 13,350
I have the Valhalla2 and Bifrost DS,
What would putting the Jotunheim as a pre-amp
in the middle do? (But also listening from it as well).
Sometimes I don't like waiting to have the Valhalla2 warm up and I'm looking into Vinyl soon.
Thank you

Just happens that I'm considering the Valhalla2 + Bitfrost combo. I'm very interested in how that combo sounds as I think, we have similar rock music tastes. This week my Beyerdynamic T1.2s arrived and as they go through burning phase, they sound pretty good with a portable Onkyo HA200 DAC/AMP. I'm just beginning to realize how much I love the T1.2s and they are not yet truly shining with better gear. The dilemma is, I live in Canada, and importing the Valhalla2 + Bitfrost will cost $500 more after currency exchange, duty, shipping and tax. Ugh! Please let me know if you think this is a great combo or something else. Thanks

Aug 31, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #12,072 of 13,350
Just happens that I'm considering the Valhalla2 + Bitfrost combo. I'm very interested in how that combo sounds as I think, we have similar rock music tastes. This week my Beyerdynamic T1.2s arrived and as they go through burning phase, they sound pretty good with a portable Onkyo HA200 DAC/AMP. I'm just beginning to realize how much I love the T1.2s and they are not yet truly shining with better gear. The dilemma is, I live in Canada, and importing the Valhalla2 + Bitfrost will cost $500 more after currency exchange, duty, shipping and tax. Ugh! Please let me know if you think this is a great combo or something else. Thanks

Great! Yes I think they go great together. I have the Magni and Modi first, then I go the Valhalla2 and used the Modi with it, then I got the Bifrost. The modi vs the Bifrost, I think the Bifrost adds more of a "stable"? And stronger type of a soundstage (kinda). The Valhalla2 really helps bring out details in classic and indie rock.

Aug 31, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #12,073 of 13,350
Great! Yes I think they go great together. I have the Magni and Modi first, then I go the Valhalla2 and used the Modi with it, then I got the Bifrost. The modi vs the Bifrost, I think the Bifrost adds more of a "stable"? And stronger type of a soundstage (kinda). The Valhalla2 really helps bring out details in classic and indie rock.

Nice. 

Nice and thanks for the quick reply. I'm excited to sample the Valalla2+Bitfrost combo and need to figure out how to get them into Canada without it costing me almost double. 

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #12,074 of 13,350

Nice. 

Nice and thanks for the quick reply. I'm excited to sample the Valalla2+Bitfrost combo and need to figure out how to get them into Canada without it costing me almost double. 

It looks like they have the Bifrost here for a discounted price. I didn't see the Valhalla 2, though.

http://www.headphonebar.com/schiit-bifrost/

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #12,075 of 13,350

I love how my Valhalla 2 & Bifrost sound with my HD-700's.  I listen to everything from classical and jazz to 70's rock and Berlin-school electronic music and can't say enough things about how they work so well together.  If you do get the Val 2, invest in a set of socket savers to raise the tubes out of the enclosure to cool it down a bit.  It still gets hot, but not as hot as without them installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back