Schiit Owners Unite
Apr 9, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #11,702 of 13,350
  I ordered a Schiit M2 and GMB three and a half days ago, and it still hasn't shipped, and I am getting a bit ticked off. How long have you guys had to wait? They had three full business days to ship it.

I also ordered an Ether C at the same time and that shipped yesterday.

Not exactly fast movers for the kind of dollars you throw at them. Not impressed so far...

Assuming the M2 is a reference to the Mjolnir 2 ... then the site says it's backordered until the week of April 25th - so you've got quite a bit more waiting to go.

They're generally pretty good about hitting their shipping estimates.

Both my Ragnarok and Yggdrasil orders, placed about 6 weeks apart, shipped the day after I ordered them.

Apr 9, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #11,703 of 13,350
Oh wow, I had completely missed that. It's a shame they don't make that more obvious. And it should absolutely be shown in my order and email. I'm still annoyed. Especially since I'll have the Ether sitting here next week with a balanced XLR which is totally useless for two weeks.

Thanks for that info though.

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #11,704 of 13,350
  Oh wow, I had completely missed that. It's a shame they don't make that more obvious. And it should absolutely be shown in my order and email. I'm still annoyed. Especially since I'll have the Ether sitting here next week with a balanced XLR which is totally useless for two weeks.

Thanks for that info though.

Send them to me.  I'll keep them busy for a couple weeks...

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #11,708 of 13,350
  I was just jokin' man. Sorry it didn't come across. Thought the emoticon would do it.

Gonna suck sitting on it for a while. I wish I knew ya and you lived close. It'd be all yours...

For what it's worth, the humor came across loud and clear to me :)

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #11,709 of 13,350
Hah, good. I didn't even realise it wasn't even the guy who joked about getting them. Ah well. Back on topic! I can't wait for the next few weeks to pass. I'm really excited to be set for a long time with this stuff for my gaming and music. I game more than listen to music and movies. So I hope I haven't over-bought.

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #11,710 of 13,350
  Hah, good. I didn't even realise it wasn't even the guy who joked about getting them. Ah well. Back on topic! I can't wait for the next few weeks to pass. I'm really excited to be set for a long time with this stuff for my gaming and music. I game more than listen to music and movies. So I hope I haven't over-bought.

Gamer, eh? Ready for Pascal to arrive? I'm betting launch will coincide roughly with Computex in May, I think.

I think I'll personally wait for the generation after, though. Sort of like Intel's Tick-Tock, Nvidia seems to find good optimizations the generation after a die shrink.

Though I'm an Nvidia person, the upcoming AMD GPUs show a ton of promise as well! The GPU wars may be about to get a LOT more interesting.

Of course if you're a dirty, rotten Console gamer, don't worry your pretty little head about it! :p

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #11,711 of 13,350
Consoles...>puke<. :wink:  

I am so ready. I have never had a CPU/MB for so long. Still on my Z77 3770k from almost 4 years ago. Just no reason to upgrade. Two summers ago I did splurge on a 295X2. I like Nvidia too, just pick whatever is the best for me at the time.

So yeah, I am ready on all fronts. I just got a 40" 4k monitor a few months ago, and I want to drive the newest games on it, and hopefully two more with crossfire before too long. Definitely in lower res though. I'm also going to move from one Buttkicker gamer on an Obutto R3volution cockpit to a 4 corner setup, which should be great. But for now, just the one adds a lot.

Do you think I have gone overkill on sound here?

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #11,713 of 13,350
Hah. Good news. It's really a one time investment I think. It's much cheaper than the 30k I'm sure I've spent on computer stuff over my life. I've been able to learn a ton from you users on the forum and in reviews that I think I have future proofed myself by buying highish to begin with. The Dac and Amps above this were just too much for me. I certainly hope this isn't the start of an Ultra-high end addiction. Hope I am happy for a long time!

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #11,714 of 13,350
  Consoles...>puke<. :wink:  

I am so ready. I have never had a CPU/MB for so long. Still on my Z77 3770k from almost 4 years ago. Just no reason to upgrade. Two summers ago I did splurge on a 295X2. I like Nvidia too, just pick whatever is the best for me at the time.

So yeah, I am ready on all fronts. I just got a 40" 4k monitor a few months ago, and I want to drive the newest games on it, and hopefully two more with crossfire before too long. Definitely in lower res though. I'm also going to move from one Buttkicker gamer on an Obutto R3volution cockpit to a 4 corner setup, which should be great. But for now, just the one adds a lot.

Do you think I have gone overkill on sound here?

That's one hell of a sweet setup you're assembling, IMO! Far beyond what I can offer advice on, I'm afraid....that being said, I'm usually in the "Go big or go home" category and approve on pure principle :D My current "dream" setup would likely be quite similar.

I think the main criteria for a good gaming headphone is soundstage, but as long as the HP doesn't have ANY to speak of, you should be fine. I haven't read up on the Ether, but the little I recall was quite positive.

That 40" 4K is an excellent monitor choice as well! If I didn't already own a 34" 21:9 Ultrawide,and love it, I'd be really torn between the 2 formats.

The big thing to remember here, and more relative to this Forum, is that computer components depreciate quite rapidly (i.e. shiny new video cards), whereas headphones and other audio equipment *should* hold more of their value, and for far longer. So if you have the money to spend, no harm putting it where you'll retain more of it in the long run :)

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #11,715 of 13,350
Thx, we'll I'm workin' on it. My end game is Star Citizen. And in a year I'd like to have triple screens of space sim bliss along with the buttkicker feedback (and the glorious sound I have yet to experience). These monitors are amazing pieces for $700 shipped, so it's not a lot to do, but I'll need the computer to drive it. It's going to take a couple of years to drive them well, and maybe even 5 or more to drive 4k like we all want. How do you like the Ultrawide? I was looking at them. But I guess I ended up going this route, because the horizontal size was the same, and the 16:9 pretty much just adds vertical. But it's hard to drive with full details with my rig. I don't do it on new games.

That's the way I'm looking at it. I am trying to see this as almost a one and done buy. But we'll see. I will tell the wife you're on my side!  :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back