Schiit Owners Unite
Oct 8, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #11,161 of 13,350
HAVE MY BIFROST SETUP!
Thank you all for the help!
sorry for any dumb questions!

I think I notice a bigger "space" already and not as high pitch, I'm listening to some indie music songs that regularly come up on a station as they did on my modi/valhalla2 setup,
Now it's a Bifrost-Valhalla2 setup!

Are you really spending thousands of dollars on all this awesome equipment to listen to FM radio? Has FM radio been your only source this whole time? 
confused.gif

Oct 8, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #11,163 of 13,350
Haha, NO! ...I'm going to get a better sourse for flac/HD music, I'm still figuring out actual good sourses that are on YouTube

With digital input your source just needs to be high quality music files or a decent CD/record player basically. Your cell phone with FLAC files would be fine! Just hook it up via USB to the DAC and you're off to the races.

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #11,164 of 13,350
Thank you, I still need to get a 15ft A-B USB cord, my brother found a good CD place that has some great quality CDs that I'll get some from.
With digital input your source just needs to be high quality music files or a decent CD/record player basically. Your cell phone with FLAC files would be fine! Just hook it up via USB to the DAC and you're off to the races.

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #11,165 of 13,350
Quiet you lol, that headphone does haunt me. But what really tempts me because it has been discontinued, is Cavalli's Liquid Glass. The Damned Audeze LCD 4 will still be tempting me next year. The Liquid Glass will soon be sold out and I wanted to hear this amp drive my headphones. Lol one can not always get what one wants.
smily_headphones1.gif

Go for the Glass.
In the meantime, I may go for the 4.  It's starting to pull me in...
If so, it will be available to hear at the Nashville meet Spring 2016.

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #11,166 of 13,350
I actually tried planing a FLAC video on your tube, and it didn't sound as good vs the modi, I don't know if it was just my IEMs connection or not. But it did sound set "back" more and more "space"

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #11,169 of 13,350
With the new ($399) bifrost,
So far vs the Modi,
I'm not sure if you want to call it "noise" but it seems like music is more "definite" and there's absolutely more space and has more of a "setback" feeling (good)
Then also with "noise" I hear no sound from the valhalla when the song ends unlike with the modi.
I kinda hear more bass and lows.

Oct 9, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #11,170 of 13,350
With the new ($399) bifrost,
So far vs the Modi,
I'm not sure if you want to call it "noise" but it seems like music is more "definite" and there's absolutely more space and has more of a "setback" feeling (good)
Then also with "noise" I hear no sound from the valhalla when the song ends unlike with the modi.
I kinda hear more bass and lows.

If I recall correctly he is still using a $15 pair of Klipsch earbuds with $800 of audio equipment. Some people just need others to justify their buying decisions...

Oct 9, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #11,174 of 13,350
He just needs to spring for the multibit upgrade... 

Haha.
On a serious note I finally messed with the eq in the music player app using my phone as source via USB and holy hell does the Vali sound great! I didn't think my cans or the Vali were suited for drum and bass or anything remotely like it but the bass just came pouring out while somehow still retaining detail. I'm massively impressed by these little boxesboxes. I can't imagine how much of an upgrade the bigger brothers could even provide!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back