Schiit Owners Unite
Sep 29, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #10,936 of 13,350
How do you control volume with the behringer dac? If you are wanting to use the magni for volume control all other places that you could control the volume need to be set at max.

Does the t amp have a volume control on it? If it does them make sure the volume is pretty much all the way up as you are using the magni for volume control.

I control the volume on the T-amp. There's no volume control on the dac and then the volume on the T-amp is about 50% for listening levels. If I run it through the magni, I do set the T-amp to close to 100%, but then the Magni has to be at 100% as well and it's still a lower volume than the other set-up. And then the headphone volume is way too high when I go to put those on, which I can turn down to listen to so that isn't as much an issue, but I don't want to leave them plugged in when the Magni 2U is maxxed out even if I'm not wearing them. 

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #10,937 of 13,350
  I control the volume on the T-amp. There's no volume control on the dac and then the volume on the T-amp is about 50% for listening levels. If I run it through the magni, I do set the T-amp to close to 100%, but then the Magni has to be at 100% as well and it's still a lower volume than the other set-up. And then the headphone volume is way too high when I go to put those on, which I can turn down to listen to so that isn't as much an issue, but I don't want to leave them plugged in when the Magni 2U is maxxed out even if I'm not wearing them. 

What is the software volume control in your music player set to? It needs to be at 100% or close to it.

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #10,938 of 13,350

What is the software volume control in your music player set to? It needs to be at 100% or close to it.

isn't the rule to have any other amp within a chain(that cannot be circumvented) at 75%?

also i think the problem is the volume control in windows. try setting that at 75. (don't forget to turn the volume down on all connected devices first)

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #10,940 of 13,350

Hmm, maybe that's it. I know my Windows volume is about 98% and music player volume around 75%, but I can't remember what it was set at back when I had everything running through the Magni. I'll have to double check that later. 

Sep 30, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #10,941 of 13,350
Hmm, maybe that's it. I know my Windows volume is about 98% and music player volume around 75%, but I can't remember what it was set at back when I had everything running through the Magni. I'll have to double check that later. 

Make sure it's the correct audio device too.

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #10,944 of 13,350
Both (+ a Wyrd for good measure). I haven't had much time to compare the default tubes with the LISSTs, but as far as I can tell they both are the Schiit!

Now I only wait for my Ether-C to be delivered.

Sep 30, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #10,945 of 13,350
hey all gonna buy the Schiit Valhalla 2 for the tubey goodness and for the Tesla T1s Im getting as well!

Oct 1, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #10,946 of 13,350
hey all gonna buy the Schiit Valhalla 2 for the tubey goodness and for the Tesla T1s Im getting as well!

I was just listening to that exact setup tonight. It's pretty darn great. Make sure and let the T1s burn in for several days.I think I have 100 hours or so and I've noticed significant taming in the initial harsh treble. Supposedly it takes 200-300 hours. Congrats on purchase.

Oct 1, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #10,947 of 13,350
Previously was using an Audioengine D3 by itself to run my Senn HD 700s while I deliberated on what to get for my first amp.  Decided to get a Magni 2 Uber and Modi 2 Uber.   They arrived yesterday and I'm loving them.  I've got the bug now guys, because as I was listening to them, I wondered, "These are great, so how much better will it sound when I buy a Bifrost and Asgard?  Already looking forward to finding out!

Oct 1, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #10,949 of 13,350
That's the problem with upgradeitis. If your gear sounds this great, you still keep wondering how much better that other gear could be...

Next step: Gungnir MB + Mjolnir 2 + balanced cable! 

You're spot on there! I was actually thinking about that, especially since Mjolnir 2 has single ended. I have upgradeitis with my graphics cards as well.

It's always fun trying to explain to people who don't share the hobby why it's not insane to drop $800 on a card, or buy $750 dollar headphones.

Oct 1, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #10,950 of 13,350
I just picked up the LYR2 to pair with HE 600!  My first experience with Schiit Audio so I can't wait to hear if I like I may upgrade to the balanced output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back