Schiit Owners Unite
Sep 18, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #10,846 of 13,350
So using the bifrost with a smaller channel receiver or just a amplifier, there the quality should be the same?
No, the Mani is a preamp used to took hook up a turntable to play "phono"graphic long play records (LP's) to an amp.  Turntables have a far less powerful line signal out than standard line outs.  The mani boosts this phono signal to normal line levels for the input to the amp.  Your Marantz already has a phono preamp built in.  From the Bifrost you would hook to the aux input on your Marantz via rca.

Sep 18, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #10,847 of 13,350
So using the bifrost with a smaller channel receiver or just a amplifier, there the quality should be the same?

Yes, exactly. At that point the quality of the amp and speakers and of course personal preference would have the most impact on perceived SQ.

Sep 18, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #10,848 of 13,350
Ok, so I guess I'll plan on getting a marantz amplifier that will be dedicated to only using with the bifrost is what I'll do next, or possibly also use the amp with my av marantz as well, since there's multiplie Inputs on it
Yes, exactly. At that point the quality of the amp and speakers and of course personal preference would have the most impact on perceived SQ.

Sep 18, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #10,849 of 13,350
Hey all,

I just wanted to give you a heads up that I won't be at RMAF CanJam this year. I really would have liked to go, but somehow I managed to pick up a case of pneumonia. So, even if I am fully recovered and feeling fine by RMAF, I am told that running around and finding possible new respiratory infections to meet is not a great idea. 

On the plus side:

1. You get Mike at the show, who will have an announcement on the digital side of things.
2. You may get an extra chapter or two out of me on Schiit Happened, since I don't have much to do while I'm recovering and I am already bored out of my mind.
3. And of course you get Tony, Denise, and possibly more of the crew. 

Beyond that, with any luck, I will have one more announcement before the end of the year (hopefully not another illness...you know what I mean!)

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Sep 19, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #10,851 of 13,350
Just wanted to quickly say that my aural odyssey with the Lyr 2 and Bifrost Uber has been absolutely fantastic!

Thanks Schiit Audio!

Vince

Sep 19, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #10,852 of 13,350
With the Bifrost and the Bifrost uber analog,
What's the main diffrence?
has anyone upgraded?

Im pretty sure the Bifrost will be the next Schiit I'll get that I'll eaither use directly with my marantz stereo or I'll use it with my Valhalla2

Sep 20, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #10,853 of 13,350
Hi All, since this year owner of Modi 2 and Asgard 2 paired with Senn HD600. I love them.
Thinking to get Audeze EL8 Open for home, will Asgard 2 will pair well with them? Do I need to upgrade to Schiit tube amps?

Need help as well on  travel solution; now iPod Touch 5G, Audioquest Dragonfly v1.2 and Etymotic ER-4PT; need different cables and an external power bank to get them working and not very well ergonomics to carry all of them on. Any solution for a new DAC/Amp to pair with iPod and ER4?

Thanks in advance. Regards, Alberto.

Sep 20, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #10,855 of 13,350
With the Bifrost and the Bifrost uber analog,
What's the main diffrence?
has anyone upgraded?

Im pretty sure the Bifrost will be the next Schiit I'll get that I'll eaither use directly with my marantz stereo or I'll use it with my Valhalla2

I did not have a bifrost dac before, so I cannot make a comparison, but I've just gotten a Bifrost Uber with Gen 2 usb input.

Coming from an a jdslabs Odac to Bifrost Uber was a massive step - well at least to my ears - the sound stage is wider and it seems that there is more detail in the lower and mid frequencies. 

Sep 20, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #10,856 of 13,350
Ok, I had the magi and modi before I got the valhalla2 and I perfer usingn the valhalla2 with the modi. Mainly I think I might use the Bifrost with my marantz but then I might just use it with the Valhalla2 of there isn't a big diffrence.
I did not have a bifrost dac before, so I cannot make a comparison, but I've just gotten a Bifrost Uber with Gen 2 usb input.

Coming from an a jdslabs Odac to Bifrost Uber was a massive step - well at least to my ears - the sound stage is wider and it seems that there is more detail in the lower and mid frequencies. 

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #10,858 of 13,350
I do, but they serve different purposes for me.  I use the Vali with my turntable, Magni with my desktop

Sep 24, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #10,860 of 13,350
I just came into a pair of ATH-W1000z's and was looking at a Magni 2 Uber or Vali paired with a Modi 2 Uber. 

I've heard these headphones like tubes so the Vali seemed like a solid choice, but I have no experience with tubes or hybrid tube amps at all.
The Modi 2 Uber is purely a budget choice; it offers a variety of inputs while being affordable. The Bifrost is the next comparable DAC and it's just out of the budget.

Would a Vali + Modi 2 Uber be a good choice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back