Schiit Owners Unite
Sep 11, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #10,801 of 13,350
Quick follow up. Usb has come quite a long ways in the last two years. Depending on your implementation and source, a USB with wyrd could actually be best but that is an extra 100 bucks. All else being equal, I'd suggest my previous.

Okay thanks. So using the Wyrd means another USB cable, type A to A that connects the Wyrd to the PC. Schiit does not offer an A to A PYST cable, but does cable quality really even matter at that part of the chain?

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #10,802 of 13,350
Okay thanks. So using the Wyrd means another USB cable, type A to A that connects the Wyrd to the PC. Schiit does not offer an A to A PYST cable, but does cable quality really even matter at that part of the chain?

You actually need 2 USB type A to B cables. The PYST USB cables Schiit sells work well.

Sep 13, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #10,805 of 13,350
Does anyone use the Bifrost directly with a av reciever? How is it?
I'm thinking of latter on (or would like to plan to)
Getting a marantz 2.0 channel anplifier (since the bifrost supports 2.0 or 2.1 channels?) and have the (Bifrost+Marantz amplifier+ 2 klipsch or warfidale floor tower speakers) would that be a good setup?

Sep 13, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #10,806 of 13,350
Does anyone use the Bifrost directly with a av reciever? How is it?
I'm thinking of latter on (or would like to plan to)
Getting a marantz 2.0 channel anplifier (since the bifrost supports 2.0 or 2.1 channels?) and have the (Bifrost+Marantz amplifier+ 2 klipsch or warfidale floor tower speakers) would that be a good setup?

I do. It sounds great!

Sep 14, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #10,808 of 13,350
Nice, what recover and speakers are you using it with?

I use an old Krell KAV-300IL integrated amp and Vienna Acoustics Haydns.

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #10,811 of 13,350
  After a LOT of research, I just placed an order for a Wyrd, Modi 2, Sys, Vali, 2 PYST RCAs and 2 PYST USBs.  Planning on using that Schiit with my Fidelio X2s and M-Audio AV40 desktop speakers.

Yes, I'm poor now, and SUPER excited :)  

Hope you enjoy your new Schiit stack...

Sep 14, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #10,813 of 13,350
  nice system!

im thinking of building something similar around my Lyr 2.

Thanks!  The Haydn has been quite a treat since I got them.  In combination with the Krell it can be reasonably revealing/transparent, at least to my poor old ears.

Sep 14, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #10,814 of 13,350
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm using Schiit gear so here goes.

Every time my Air Conditioning is about to turn on I can hear an audible crackle/static/wooshing type sound in my headphones. I live in an apt with central air. It's like I am hearing the initial power surge associated with the AC turning on. Basically I know the AC is about to turn on before I hear the air start blowing.

When the AC turns off I can also hear an audible noise. There doesn't appear to be any constant noise in between startup/shutdown.

Setup: PC -> Modi -> Magni -> D2000. The PC PSU is connected via a power strip. Magni is plugged into a Belkin power outlet. 

Question: what exactly am I hearing and what is carrying this signal? Is it being carried straight from the outlet through the magni or is it from the beginning of the chain at my PC?

If it's the Magni, is it simply the quality of the amp in it's ability to filter?

How can I address this? 

Sep 14, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #10,815 of 13,350
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm using Schiit gear so here goes.

Every time my Air Conditioning is about to turn on I can hear an audible crackle/static/wooshing type sound in my headphones. I live in an apt with central air. It's like I am hearing the initial power surge associated with the AC turning on. Basically I know the AC is about to turn on before I hear the air start blowing.

When the AC turns off I can also hear an audible noise. There doesn't appear to be any constant noise in between startup/shutdown.

Setup: PC -> Modi -> Magni -> D2000. The PC PSU is connected via a power strip. Magni is plugged into a Belkin power outlet. 

Question: what exactly am I hearing and what is carrying this signal? Is it being carried straight from the outlet through the magni or is it from the beginning of the chain at my PC?

If it's the Magni, is it simply the quality of the amp in it's ability to filter?

How can I address this? 

I bet the Schiit Wyrd would resolve your issue. Look it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back