Schiit Owners Unite
Sep 10, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #10,772 of 13,350
Nice, the front short tubes are easy to place but for me the back tubes took some time to get them sturdy and not poping out

Thanks for the warning.

Sep 10, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #10,774 of 13,350
Yep! When you have it setup, tell me how evenly they all light up?,
my back right tube was dimmer then the rest at first and the 2 short ones seem brighter.
I deffiney hear a diffrence and sound quality

Just FYI, brighter tubes actually typically mean older. That said, sometimes tubes of the same age can also burn at different brightness. 

Sep 10, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #10,776 of 13,350
Thank you, Schiit said that they'll usually last about 200 days

200 days of continuous usage or 200 days at X hours a day?

Sep 10, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #10,777 of 13,350

200 days of continuous usage or 200 days at X hours a day?

200 x 24 = 4,800.  The 6DJ8/ECC88 type is rated for 5,000 hours.  The 6922/E88CC type (and others; E188CC, et al.) is rated for 10,000 hours.

Sep 10, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #10,779 of 13,350
In reality they will last multiples longer since you are not leaving the amp on 24/7. I know people who are still on the same tubes years later. 

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #10,780 of 13,350
Yep! When you have it setup, tell me how evenly they all light up?,
my back right tube was dimmer then the rest at first and the 2 short ones seem brighter.
I deffiney hear a diffrence and sound quality

There are slightly different brightness levels between the tubes.

Sep 10, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #10,782 of 13,350
Ok, for me I think it was about 3-5 hours of use untill I noticed a nice warm steady sound. For me the valhalla adds even more space, have you noticed that?

I only had 2 hours with it till it was time to go home (my setup lives at work). 
I immediately noticed more and better bass with the Sennheiser HD-650's on the Valhalla 2 vs Asgard 2. So far I am thoroughly enjoying the pairing. 

And despite the advice from Schiit tech Nick against running the Shure SE 846-CL's with the Valhalla 2, it did work with them (I had to try).

Sep 10, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #10,783 of 13,350
Great,
You have the Shure IEM se846? How are they? Those are my goal kinda to save up for.
I only had 2 hours with it till it was time to go home (my setup lives at work). 
I immediately noticed more and better bass with the Sennheiser HD-650's on the Valhalla 2 vs Asgard 2. So far I am thoroughly enjoying the pairing. 

And despite the advice from Schiit tech Nick against running the Shure SE 846-CL's with the Valhalla 2, it did work with them (I had to try).

Sep 10, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #10,784 of 13,350
Great,
You have the Shure IEM se846? How are they? Those are my goal kinda to save up for.

Very impressive bass response out of such a tiny device. The mids and highs are on point, clear and precise without being screechy or fatiguing.  Sound quality is just like having a full set of high end cans on your head, except you don't... The only down side is there isn't much space to the sound because the drivers are inside your ear.

They can be difficult to get in your ear right though. Ya have to find the right tip and jam em in your ear enough so they seal. If they don't seal then you get zero bass. The swappable filters inside the nozzle are handy for tweaking the sound to your liking. It's not a gimmick, they do what they say.

I found a seller on ebay listing them as a display model for about $800. When I got em the box had never been open so I lucked out on that one.

Sep 10, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #10,785 of 13,350
Great, so are they worth the $1k? I want to get them but in not sure, so Nick T said not to use them with Schiit? The specs seem like they could of had higher ohms for that price. I'm going to plan on getting them one day
Very impressive bass response out of such a tiny device. The mids and highs are on point, clear and precise without being screechy or fatiguing.  Sound quality is just like having a full set of high end cans on your head, except you don't... The only down side is there isn't much space to the sound because the drivers are inside your ear.

They can be difficult to get in your ear right though. Ya have to find the right tip and jam em in your ear enough so they seal. If they don't seal then you get zero bass. The swappable filters inside the nozzle are handy for tweaking the sound to your liking. It's not a gimmick, they do what they say.

I found a seller on ebay listing them as a display model for about $800. When I got em the box had never been open so I lucked out on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back