Schiit Owners Unite
Apr 7, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #9,830 of 13,350
  Thanx! I'm watching Miami open tennis with them now~! haha, the ball hitting sound really resonates !!

I had that same similar effect when I watched Marvel Agent Carter when the police car was driving thru the Dock with the siren that was doing the same thing. with my HE-500. Cought me off guard for a sec as I started to look out my window even tho police cars sirens doesn't sound like that.

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #9,831 of 13,350
Received the Mani today. 

Paired with my Rega RP6 and Magni 2 into the Oppo PM-2 = awesome sound with loads of PRAT from my metal tunes. 

This little phono stage is definitely a must buy for those just into vinyl playback and maybe even for more serious audiophiles. Highly recommended!

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #9,832 of 13,350
Received the Mani today. 

Paired with my Rega RP6 and Magni 2 into the Oppo PM-2 = awesome sound with loads of PRAT from my metal tunes. 

This little phono stage is definitely a must buy for those just into vinyl playback and maybe even for more serious audiophiles. Highly recommended!

Interesting, I'm eyeing an RP6 as well and there don't seem to be many reviews out on the Mani. Were you able to compare it with other phono stages?

Are you running an exact cartridge on the rega?

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #9,833 of 13,350
I want to know so badly how the Mani compares to the Pro-ject Phono Box S (my current phono pre). They're about in the same price range but Schiit's bang for buck is pretty incredible.

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #9,835 of 13,350
I picked up a Cambridge audio  phono stag amp the other week for about £65.......went in to check out the pro-ject one...bu this was neater..better build, and you can turn it on an off at the front.......well pleased...
whats the info , price, pics, on this Mani ?

just saw a picture of this Mani, with a rear on / off switch......same as my Magni  2.......
I prefer the camb to be honest......

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #9,836 of 13,350
my camb audio for £65........from amazon, or richer sounds.....this is only the  m/m stage one by the way..
61fR8JnYj8L._SL1500_.jpg

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #9,838 of 13,350
  I picked up a Cambridge audio  phono stag amp the other week for about £65.......went in to check out the pro-ject one...bu this was neater..better build, and you can turn it on an off at the front.......well pleased...
whats the info , price, pics, on this Mani ?

just saw a picture of this Mani, with a rear on / off switch......same as my Magni  2.......
I prefer the camb to be honest......

Weird, my Pro-ject Phono Box S can be turned on in the front as well, must have been a different model of theirs that you looked at. I'm mostly just looking for sound comparisons with the Mani, not really worried about where the power switch is, as everything is out in the open on my desk so reaching 3 more inches isn't a big deal.

Apr 7, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #9,840 of 13,350
How does the magni/modi setup sound with the likes of the beyer dt-770 250 ohms or sennheiser hd600

Clear, clean and neutral. It'll basically sound like the headphones, but won't give you any extra coloration if you find either to be to harsh or bright.

I personally think it sounds very good with the hd600 (and the beyers as well, but I've only heard those a couple times), but I do prefer a clean solid-state sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back