Schiit Owners Unite
Apr 1, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #9,751 of 13,350
   My first foray into this hobby started with the AKG K7XX drop, and that lead me here to this forum. Since then I've been lost in research, asking questions, and searching for better music sources. I've gone back and forth a few times, but if all goes well, tomorrow I'll join the club and receive a load of Schiit. I've got a Modi 2, and an Asgard 2 coming in and I'm pretty excited. 

I've never heard their products yet, but if even half the reviews are accurate I should be very satisfied. I was very impressed with their customer service. I had read some criticism of the responses people have gotten as brief, and admittedly they were. But they were complete, and to the point. What blew me away was not that when I emailed them with a question, I had a response in less than 5 minutes. Pretty impressive in it's own right, but that wasn't it. It was that it was two minutes to midnight on a Sunday when I had sent the email. When I finally got my order in, I had a confirmation and shipment notification in a couple hours. From order to doorstep will have been less than three days, which isn't bad at all. (I'm sure that varies by location, but I'm luckily only a state away). 

The Asgard 2 will serve you well. It's very clean power that reveals any flaws in the DAC, including the noise floor. That's right--the noise floor is lower than many sources. 

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #9,753 of 13,350
   My first foray into this hobby started with the AKG K7XX drop, and that lead me here to this forum. Since then I've been lost in research, asking questions, and searching for better music sources. I've gone back and forth a few times, but if all goes well, tomorrow I'll join the club and receive a load of Schiit. I've got a Modi 2, and an Asgard 2 coming in and I'm pretty excited. 

I've never heard their products yet, but if even half the reviews are accurate I should be very satisfied. I was very impressed with their customer service. I had read some criticism of the responses people have gotten as brief, and admittedly they were. But they were complete, and to the point. What blew me away was not that when I emailed them with a question, I had a response in less than 5 minutes. Pretty impressive in it's own right, but that wasn't it. It was that it was two minutes to midnight on a Sunday when I had sent the email. When I finally got my order in, I had a confirmation and shipment notification in a couple hours. From order to doorstep will have been less than three days, which isn't bad at all. (I'm sure that varies by location, but I'm luckily only a state away). 

I've got the Modi 2 Uber and Asgard 2 on my desk at home, it's really an incredible setup that I don't feel I'll need to upgrade for years to come unless I get some very hard to drive headphones.

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #9,754 of 13,350
i randomly click on this forum and it's just schiit everywhere

one of these days i will stop holding it in and put some schiit on my desk

i'm thinking magni/modi

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #9,755 of 13,350

I've got the Modi 2 Uber and Asgard 2 on my desk at home, it's really an incredible setup that I don't feel I'll need to upgrade for years to come unless I get some very hard to drive headphones.

Very sensible and realistic, your wallet will thank you. Your biggest improvements or changes will be with headphones, oops there goes the wallet again.

Apr 2, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #9,756 of 13,350
  Very sensible and realistic, your wallet will thank you. Your biggest improvements or changes will be with headphones, oops there goes the wallet again.

I'm hoping I cn stick to it. I just recently overcame an addiction to guitar pedals and I realized it's more fun to just really get the gear I have and focus on playing rather than lusting after every new pedal. I'm trying to take that philosophy in to my recently acquired head-fi hobby. I assembled a decent desktop and portable setup and now I'm just going to enjoy my music. And slowly save up for an Audeze LCD-X...

Apr 2, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #9,757 of 13,350

I'm hoping I cn stick to it. I just recently overcame an addiction to guitar pedals and I realized it's more fun to just really get the gear I have and focus on playing rather than lusting after every new pedal. I'm trying to take that philosophy in to my recently acquired head-fi hobby. I assembled a decent desktop and portable setup and now I'm just going to enjoy my music. And slowly save up for an Audeze LCD-X...

Hey, sorry for being a bit off topic but just wondering how you like your Geek Out 450. I just picked up the 720 version from a fellow head-fier on here and just wondering how it compared to your Asgard 2 (I have the Asgard 2 as well).

Thanks in advance!

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #9,758 of 13,350

Welcome, and may the Schiit be always in your favour *
:)

I've never heard their products yet, but if even half the reviews are accurate I should be very satisfied.

I'm very satisfied with mine (M&M 2U), and of what I've read here, most are. Please post your impressions.

I was very impressed with their customer service. I had read some criticism of the responses people have gotten as brief, and admittedly they were. But they were complete, and to the point. What blew me away was not that when I emailed them with a question, I had a response in less than 5 minutes. Pretty impressive in it's own right, but that wasn't it. It was that it was two minutes to midnight on a Sunday when I had sent the email. When I finally got my order in, I had a confirmation and shipment notification in a couple hours.

I second that. I ordered mine on a friday and I got the delivery notification and tracking number in mere hours. Then it took a week to arrive by FedEx, but that was expected as I live in overseas Northern Europe (Sweden).
I emailed a few questions to the support later and always got a reply quickly (within the hour). Answers were brief, but to the point and helpful. I also read the criticism, but in my experience it is completely unfounded.

*) paraphrased from "The Hunger
Games": "May the odds be always in your favour". Another one would be (from Star Wars): "May the Schiit be with you". Anyone know more/better ones? :)

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #9,759 of 13,350

Hey, sorry for being a bit off topic but just wondering how you like your Geek Out 450. I just picked up the 720 version from a fellow head-fier on here and just wondering how it compared to your Asgard 2 (I have the Asgard 2 as well).

Thanks in advance!

Haven't done any direct comparisons but with IEMs it sounds just as good as the Asgard, the Asgard has a bit more power but the Geek Out has just as impressive of sound quality.

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #9,760 of 13,350
Haven't done any direct comparisons but with IEMs it sounds just as good as the Asgard, the Asgard has a bit more power but the Geek Out has just as impressive of sound quality.

Nice! I'm expecting my Geek Out to surpass my modi/asgard2 combo in every aspect except in power output.

Apr 2, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #9,761 of 13,350
I keep feeling the need to review the Magni and Modi, but I have nothing to compare them to! I'll have to review the Magni after I play around with the Lyr2 for a bit, and possibly after I convince the audio salesman dude to let me use the Music Hall amp as well.

Apr 2, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #9,762 of 13,350
  I keep feeling the need to review the Magni and Modi, but I have nothing to compare them to! I'll have to review the Magni after I play around with the Lyr2 for a bit, and possibly after I convince the audio salesman dude to let me use the Music Hall amp as well.

Yeah especially with amps and DACs. it's really hard to write a review without a frame of reference and something to benchmark them. That keeps me from reviewing my ASgard 2. Definitely going to some detailed impressions on my Schiit stack vs the Geek Out though. Not a super fair competition but they actually sound quite similar.

Apr 2, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #9,763 of 13,350
  Yeah especially with amps and DACs. it's really hard to write a review without a frame of reference and something to benchmark them. That keeps me from reviewing my ASgard 2. Definitely going to some detailed impressions on my Schiit stack vs the Geek Out though. Not a super fair competition but they actually sound quite similar.

I'd wait until you've listened to at least three amp/DACs to make a comparison. :p

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #9,764 of 13,350
Hello Head-Fi'ers, I just found this thread now, just after starting different thread asking if I should purchase the Asgard2 or the Lyr2.
Would you guys mind checking the thread I started here the link on Head-Fi and give me your opinions thanks.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/761253/lyr-2-or-asgard-2 

I'm also a proud owner of the Schiit Vali and am looking for an upgrade it would be great to get your opinions.
Thanks a ton.

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #9,765 of 13,350
I'm also trying to determine what amp (solid state or tubes) would be a good choice for me. I will be listening with HD650 headphones or with Hifiman RE-600 IEM's.
The impedance is quite different for each so I'm not sure if I should go for the Asgard 2, Valhalla 2 or Lyr 2. Or maybe it doesn't matter that much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back