Schiit Owners Unite
Dec 15, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #7,741 of 13,350
  PSA: Jason just increased the return limit to 3 times per year.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746128/the-schiitstorm-next-gen-magni-2-and-modi-2-family/195#post_11130284

And formalized the waiving of restocking fees if you're moving up the line: schiit.com/faq/warranty-returns

These are a couple things I've been thinking about doing for a while (and we have been, well, effectively already doing), so I decided to make them real. Thanks to scizzro for prompting me to take a look at our policies.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 15, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #7,743 of 13,350
  Original Asgard Vs Magni 2 Uber anyone? 

Just by looking at the specs:

Magni 2U has lower output impedence, lower noise floor, lower distortion, higher power into low-impedence, much lower power draw (will run a lot cooler)
Asgard 2 has slightly more power for high impedence headphones and is class A

specs aren't everything though so we'll need to wait for someone whos heard both.

Dec 15, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #7,744 of 13,350
  And Yggy is still on schedule, with all of the new stuff.

...for a very specific definition of "on schedule." 
wink_face.gif

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Dec 15, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #7,745 of 13,350
Which amp/dac combinations are you HD650 owners running?
looking to run a system out from the USB on my notebook.

Dec 15, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #7,746 of 13,350
Which amp/dac combinations are you HD650 owners running?
looking to run a system out from the USB on my notebook.

Depends on your budget and portability requirements. I've been running it with Bifrost USB and Asgard 2 with great results.

Dec 15, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #7,750 of 13,350
Do you guys think that the Bifrost Uber USB and Asgard 2 would power the MrSpeakers Alpha Prime headphone?

I bought that combo for my Alpha dog pro phones and can't wait to get it. Still, after reading all about the Alpha Prime's, I'm wishing I spent the extra money and bought them. 

Also, what is the Yggy. A new Schiit amp? What will it have/be that is special (besides the obvious that it is the Schiit)? 

Dec 15, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #7,751 of 13,350
  Do you guys think that the Bifrost Uber USB and Asgard 2 would power the MrSpeakers Alpha Prime headphone?

I bought that combo for my Alpha dog pro phones and can't wait to get it. Still, after reading all about the Alpha Prime's, I'm wishing I spent the extra money and bought them. 

Also, what is the Yggy. A new Schiit amp? What will it have/be that is special (besides the obvious that it is the Schiit)? 

No doubt the Asgard 2 will power the Primes.  Probably beyond ear-damaging levels!

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #7,752 of 13,350

Bifrost Uber USB and Asgard 2 should bring a smile to your ears, it's very versatile and clean as a whistle. The A2 has plenty of juice. The Yggy is the biggest Schiit in town, top of the pile. 

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #7,754 of 13,350
Hello dL,

Hm, waaaeelll, my Asgard2 is darn near perfect, can't discover any metalwork issues.   

However, from a Car Industry point of view, fit & finnish issues will kill a car sale, we go to great lengths ( nearly obsessive lengths) to manufacture visually perfect products. 
In fairness to Schiit, they are only a tiny start-up "Electronics" outfit, they buy their Sheet metal from some outfit that bangs-out these exterior boxes.  This is price point "American" production to "Good-enough" standards.  

The Schiit people publicly ridicule the "Gold" plated Audio gear,  manufacturer's price points and the High-End Segment's need to make "Works of Art" devices.  

I suspect that you will discover the Headphone-world generally accepts the fit&finnish level standards that Schiit ship out to their customers , it's a bit low in quality and perhaps the lowest that still meets or exceeds the acceptability standards of the typical american.

But you are not an American are you?  You are a cultured Canadian, hmm, can you lower your expectations enough to simply enjoy the musical performance or do you have to polish your shoes and wear a Silk Tie?  

[size=x-small]  Personally, I would insist you be [/size]accommodated, I would meet your expectations and then I would exceed them with a nice little something or other.  I need you out there loving my company and products and I need you to make further purchases, any investment I make in making you happy would eventually be rewarded 10 fold. 

[size=x-small]I hope they take good care of you.  This headfi site is a good place to get their attention especially if you promise to report how this ends-up,[/size]

[size=x-small]probably Alex Martin is getting a Post-it note about you right now.[/size]

[size=x-small]Tony in Michigan  [/size]

But you can go too far with that logic and I expect you know the famous example of the Mini car and British Leyland.

It was their best selling car for many years and an Engineer from Ford, (I think but please correct), bought one and reverse engineered it and realised that BL were losing money on every Mini they sold and had done since their first introduction.

How is a company supposed to handle updates without upsetting a few people a little bit? They have to take the pain of all the component batches that have suddenly changed spec and the little wrinkles in device drivers that each new release of Windows inevitably introduces.

I stopped worrying about it years ago. If you do keep worrying, then you will end up feeling pissed off 6 months after you have bought anything new, however much you liked it when you got it. That isn't a very good plan for future mental well being. Or indeed financial stability.

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #7,755 of 13,350
+1 to @BackToAnalogue 

Don't get all bent outta shape.  And be happy Schiit is a company willing to acknowledge that recent buyers of suddenly "out-dated" models are due proper treatment.  Well done on the whole warranty rethink.
In short, take a pill, grab a drink (perhaps not both
wink.gif
 ), and enjoy some tunes 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back