Schiit Owners Unite
Oct 6, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #7,036 of 13,350
S
Ah yes, but at certain time Schiit started selling new Bifrosts with Gen 2's.

For example till serial A42500 they sold it with Gen 1 and afterward all Bifrosts had already Gen 2's. If we knew at which serial number is "breaking point" we could just look at serial number and see if it's Gen 2 or not if it's past the point where Schiit started sending new Gen 2 USB boards.

Hope it makes sense :)
sure it makes sense. So I presume you're buying used, then, since if new you would be assured it's gen 2. If you have a reputable seller, ask them what version it is.
I think there is a holographic sticker on the back of units which have Uber installed.

Oct 6, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #7,037 of 13,350
S
sure it makes sense. So I presume you're buying used, then, since if new you would be assured it's gen 2. If you have a reputable seller, ask them what version it is.
I think there is a holographic sticker on the back of units which have Uber installed.

Yes I'am going to get used one. I was just curious.

I think it doesn't matter that much since optical input should produce better sound quality as far as I found out so far. So I could just buy used Bifrost + Uber Optical card and be done with it is that right ?

Oct 6, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #7,038 of 13,350
Yes I'am going to get used one. I was just curious.

I think it doesn't matter that much since optical input should produce better sound quality as far as I found out so far. So I could just buy used Bifrost + Uber Optical card and be done with it is that right ?

Yes to your question. Although I think USB input is just as good quality, FWIW. Also, you can always have the USB input added later, if you want to, by sending it in to Schiit.

Oct 6, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #7,039 of 13,350
  Soon we'll be saying things like, "Fulla Schiit" and it'll be Jason's fault.

I blame myself for my bad joke, which apparently you missed... old man 
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #7,040 of 13,350
Anyone uses the Schiit Bifrost(with Uber and USB) with IFI iUSB and their Geminni dual USB cable?

I can get them both for a great discount price.. The Uberfrost will get any benefits with them in your opinion? thanks

Oct 6, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #7,041 of 13,350
Does schiit have any class B amps?

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #7,045 of 13,350
Mani is available for purchase. 

http://schiit.com/products/mani-phono-stage

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #7,046 of 13,350
  I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed with the design of the Fulla. While it's beautiful, and the price is right, the design isn't practical. It should have the USB built in, like the Dragonfly. That's the only real way to do a dongle. I don't want another cable hanging out of my laptop, it's just a mess. Especially when I'm on the go. It also appears to be much bigger than the Dragonfly, which is another no no. While I think it's great Schiit was able to deliver a product that I am sure will put AudioQuest in deep Schiit (not a fan of AudioQuest), they should've made it more compact. The reason the Dragonfly is popular isn't because of its sound, it's because it's practical and compact. 

I will be curious to see how Schiit does with this. Anyone know whether it'll go under the Amps or Dacs section of the site?

The Fulla is a dongle-type DAC/amp just like the Firefly. Jude says so in the video. He also mentions that it will use the AKM AK4396 DAC and have 300mW output into 32 Ohms.

Oct 8, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #7,047 of 13,350
S

Bill is correct, I just upgraded, well Mattcg did, my Bifrost to uber status, it does come with a tiny sticker, so the seller should know what you are talking about when you ask if the uber board sticker is affixed to the unit.

Oct 8, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #7,048 of 13,350
  I've scoured the InterWebs, the local, regional and state libraries, various community colleges and universities, and finally the Library of Congress in D.C., and I have found no reference to "Fulla" as relates to Norse mythology.  I'm deeply disappointed.  This makes me think the creators are fulla schiit.  Oh, wait...

DAMN!  I forgot Wikipedia!   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulla

Thurston, come on Man, I thought you knew your Norse mythology, here it tis;

Fulla: During a bout of unusually heavy drinking the God Odin, who had disguised himself as a tall, dark, one-eyed Warrior, placed his patch over the wrong eye and was deceived by Ratatoskr, the Messenger Squirrel. This unfortunate crime against nature resulted in the birth of a person child Fulla, half messenger squirrel, half God.

Oct 8, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #7,049 of 13,350

The Fulla is a dongle-type DAC/amp just like the Firefly. Jude says so in the video. He also mentions that it will use the AKM AK4396 DAC and have 300mW output into 32 Ohms.

If you look in one of the pictures it shows a mini USB cable going from a computer into the Fulla. This means it is not a dongle in the same sense that the Dragonfly is. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #7,050 of 13,350
  I hope not, crossover distortion is not a nice thing. That's why Class AB was invented.

crossover distortion is minute with well-designed class B amps, and for powering headphones it would be not only inaudible but near undetectable by even computers.

AB is even worse than A or B in that aspect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back